Tax Burden by State, Ranked

We also just voted on privatizing liquor stores, and/or allowing stores to sell liquor, both failed. ;)
It seems people in Washington State like the state running liquor stores. In this same election are house went red, most of the state is red now. ;)

We also just voted on privatizing liquor stores, and/or allowing stores to sell liquor, both failed. ;)
It seems people in Washington State like the state running liquor stores. In this same election are house went red, most of the state is red now. ;)

I used to sell beer in Canada, where much of the alcohol is sold through government owned stores or privately owned monopoly distribution outlets. I far, far prefer the private sector handling booze sales than the government. It is dramatically overpriced, the selection is poor and the service mediocre to downright awful. Maybe its different in Washington state though.

I used to sell beer in Canada, where much of the alcohol is sold through government owned stores or privately owned monopoly distribution outlets. I far, far prefer the private sector handling booze sales than the government. It is dramatically overpriced, the selection is poor and the service mediocre to downright awful. Maybe its different in Washington state though.
No, it's not.

The selection sucks and the prices are ghastly.

Hell, even state stores in SLC have better selections.

Business tax = liquor.

What a board!
You're really to stupid for words.

The subject turned to state-run liquor stores because it keeps their rates of taxation deceptively low, as the profits from those sales (often subsequently hit with a sales tax) are funneled into state coffers, making those profits a defcto tax.

Put down the bong.

We have Bacon and Smoked Salmon flavored vodka. ;)
You can usually find any kind you want, even at the small one near my house. There is also a larger one about ten minutes away that probably has anything you can find anywhere else.
And compared to what I have seen other states, we are usually not much more if at all.
Like I said I have paid more for liquor in Wyoming than here. Plus since the state sells it, you don't have to pay the state beer taxes, or sale taxes. If something is $16.25, you pay $16.25.

Business tax = liquor.

What a board!
You're really to stupid for words.

The subject turned to state-run liquor stores because it keeps their rates of taxation deceptively low, as the profits from those sales (often subsequently hit with a sales tax) are funneled into state coffers, making those profits a defcto tax.

Put down the bong.

You are an idiot. The OP was about State business taxes. That has nothing to do with a "defcto tax" on liquor. Liquor taxes would necessarily be included upfront.

Put down the crack pipe and place your hands on your head!

The least populated states get the greatest proportional share of representation in congress.

State population rankings
California 1
Texas 2
New York 3
Florida 4
Illinois 5

South Dakota 46
North Dakota 47
Alaska 48
Vermont 49
Wyoming 50

You mean the Senate.

Congress is a bicameral legislative body that includes the senate. So yes, I mean in Congress, because of the allotment of 2 senators/state.

Gay Camels! don't tell USArmyretired.

Forum List

Back