Targets of Maine Mass public shooter were gun free zones.

Gun free zones will get you murdered....they leave normal people defenseless against violent monsters......just ask the Israelis on Oct. 7, or the people in Main.

He apparently picked two gun-free zones to do his attack. The picture here is from 2021. The sign for Just-in-Time Bowling Alley, located at 24 Mollison Way, Lewiston, ME 04240, reads: “We kindly ask that you refrain from bringing firearms in this building and we would appreciate it if you left them in your vehicle. Please keep our atmosphere family friendly.”

Connies the night of the shooting:

"He's a Mooooslem!!!!"

Connies now that they know he's a MAGA terrorist:

"It was the drugs/gun-free zones!!!!"

:laughing0301:

Neither are the authoritarian governments where the citizens are not allowed to have guns, Only the government thugs and the crooks.

Our Founding Fathers were smart enough to know that. Idiots like you are not.

What a rambling mess of a reply.

Go ahead. There are plenty examples of places where people were armed that people still shot and killed others.
^ Wooooosh.

You REALLY need to read threads before responding to them...

I guess you haven't been paying attention.
Well, I've tried an experiment so to say, and have only listen to and read local yokel news, though I have read bits of what the national and internet news and 24/7 news is apparently reporting from posts on here.....

And people here in our media are not jumping at the bit to make this political, as the National herd of reporters and members on this site....right now the focus is on catching him and staying safe and mourning the beloved dead that everyone in their tight knit community seemed to know....the local news isn't trying to pit one another against each other....not yet.... To pit the community against the police or laws is simply pitting the community against their own brothers and sisters.....before any of the real facts and circumstances and mistakes are actually known and they can digest the gravity of the whole shocking to our world, tragedy.

So, yeah.... I definitely could be missing out on all that pointing fingers, fun.... I suppose.....? But, for right now....I'm okay with that....

Gun free zones will get you murdered....they leave normal people defenseless against violent monsters......just ask the Israelis on Oct. 7, or the people in Main.

He apparently picked two gun-free zones to do his attack. The picture here is from 2021. The sign for Just-in-Time Bowling Alley, located at 24 Mollison Way, Lewiston, ME 04240, reads: “We kindly ask that you refrain from bringing firearms in this building and we would appreciate it if you left them in your vehicle. Please keep our atmosphere family friendly.”

So you are saying if this guy would have walked in the bowling alley while you were there and started spraying the joint, you would have pulled out your gun and shot him on the spot.

Please point out where it says it is against the law to bring your firearm into the bowling alley.

Well, I've tried an experiment so to say, and have only listen to and read local yokel news, though I have read bits of what the national and internet news and 24/7 news is apparently reporting from posts on here.....

And people here in our media are not jumping at the bit to make this political, as the National herd of reporters and members on this site....right now the focus is on catching him and staying safe and mourning the beloved dead that everyone in their tight knit community seemed to know....the local news isn't trying to pit one another against each other....not yet.... To pit the community against the police or laws is simply pitting the community against their own brothers and sisters.....before any of the real facts and circumstances and mistakes are actually known and they can digest the gravity of the whole shocking to our world, tragedy.

So, yeah.... I definitely could be missing out on all that pointing fingers, fun.... I suppose.....? But, for right now....I'm okay with that....

I think he may have killed himself

So you are saying if this guy would have walked in the bowling alley while you were there and started spraying the joint, you would have pulled out your gun and shot him on the spot.

Every gun owner imagines they would do exactly that.

But with 400 million guns out there, it rarely happens

I think he may have killed himself
I hate to say I hope so, but I hope so....only if they find him....it'll be so unsettling, if they don't.

He is a born and bread Mainer in a wooded area, so it is likely he can survive in the woods and knows where to go and find a camp or something abandoned for the winter.... Today and tomorrow it is in the 70s but a cold front is heading in where some lows may hit the 20s in the night, he'll have to burn a fire for heat.... May be easier to catch him in the cold, if he is still alive.

Hunting season begins with sunrise tomorrow for local residents....those surrounding towns have canceled hunting in their woods cuz search teams are still out there...and safety concerns....

In my opinion, they need to let the hunters in...they know the woods better than any and can get the guy....

No...it was a gun free zone, normal people can't bring guns in there...you idiot.

Every gun owner imagines they would do exactly that.

But with 400 million guns out there, it rarely happens

When idiots like you declare almost all public spaces "gun free zones," for normal people, of course it doesn't happen that often...people can't have their guns with them...

But it does happen....

The story dates are below...the actual stories and links to the news article are in the link below.....

If you want to see the details of each shooting, you will have to go to the link....the very end of the article lists shootings stopped by off duty police officers...I did not include those.....

[/URL]

Las Vegas, Nevada, Friday, June 23, 2023

El Paso, Texas, Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Phoenix, Arizona, Saturday, February 11, 2023

Panama City, Florida, January 11, 2023

Tucson, Arizona, December 18, 2022.......Rifle stopped by pistol armed civilian

Chandler, Arizona, December 14, 2022

Billings, Montana, November 30, 2022

Detroit, Michigan, August 28, 2022

West Palm Beach, Florida, August 7, 2022

Greenwood, Indiana, July 17, 2022.......attacker had AR-15 rifle, stopped by pistol

Sunrise, Arizona, July 3, 2022

Charleston, West Virginia, May 25, 2022.......Rifle stopped by pistol armed civilian

Atlanta, Georgia, April 30, 2022

South Fulton, Georgia, April 24, 2022

Phenix City, Alabama, April 13, 2022

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, March 19, 2022.......Rifle stopped by pistol armed civilian

Portland, Oregon, February 19, 2022

South Central, Nebraska, October 22, 2021

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, October 17, 2021

Shreveport, Louisiana, September 21, 2021

Syracuse, New York, August 31, 2021

Melbourne, Florida, August 28, 2021

Las Vegas, Nevada, August 13, 2021

San Antonio, Texas, August 11, 2021

Fort Meyers, Florida, July 22, 2021

Chicago, Illinois, July 4, 2021

Arvada, Colorado, June 21, 2021

Crowley, Louisiana, May 29, 2021

Fort Smith, Arkansas, May 15, 2021.......Rifle stopped by pistol armed civilian

Metairie, Louisiana, February 20, 2021

Hickory, North Carolina, February 14, 2021

Lexington, South Carolina, November 28, 2020

Marion, South Carolina, November 5, 2020

Weslaco, Texas, August 17, 2020.......Rifle stopped by pistol armed civilian...Captured gunman, held for police

Salt Lake City, Utah, August 15, 2020

Dallas, Texas, July 25, 2020, Fox 4 News (Dallas)

Brownsburg, Indiana, July 16, 2020, WISHTV (Indianapolis, Indiana)

Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, July 10, 2020

Louisville, Kentucky, June 27, 2020 (USA Today)

Kwethluk, Alaska, May 16, 2020, multiple sources........Rifle stopped by pistol armed civilian...captured gunman, held for police

Tulsa, Oklahoma, March 27, 2020, Channel 6

Near Fort Worth, Texas, December 29, 2019.....shotgun stopped by pistol....Church shooting, video of shooting at link

Duncan, Oklahoma, November 18, 2019

Newnan, Georgia, August 13, 2019

Colonial Heights, Tennessee, February 13, 2019​

Huntsville, Alabama, January 16, 2019​

Birmingham, Alabama, October 27, 2018​

Louisville, Kentucky, Wednesday, October 24, 2018​

Titusville, Florida, August 4, 2018

Tumwater, Washington, June 18, 2018​

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Thursday, May 24, 2018​

San Antonio, Texas, December 7, 2017 (ABC 13 in San Antonio, Time Magazine)​

Rockledge, Florida, November 17, 2017 (Florida Today, WFTV.com in Orlando)​

First Baptist Church of Sutherland Spring, Texas, November 5, 2017....NRA instructor with his own AR-15 saved 26 lives

Clearlake Oaks, California, October 23, 2017 (FBI report on active shooter incidents for 2016-17)​

Antioch, Tennessee, September 24, 2017 (Chicago Tribune, Daily Caller) (the above picture shows a picture of Samson after he received treatment for his minor wound)​

Arlington, Texas, May 3, 2017 (Dallas Morning News)​

Townville Elementary School, September 28, 2016 (FBI report on active shooter incidents for 2016-17)​

Lyman, South Carolina, June 30, 2016 (Fox Carolina)​

Winton, Ohio, Sunday, July 26, 2015, Fox 19 in Cincinnati and Fox News​

Conyers, Georgia, Sunday, May 31, 2015, The Rockdale Citizen​

New Holland, Wisconsin, May 5th, 2015, Fox Carolina (cases such as this where the people who stopped the attack didn’t fire a gun don’t tend to get that much news attention):​

Chicago, Illinois, April 19, 2015, Chicago Sun-Times​

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, March 22, 2015, NBC Channel 10:​

Darby, Pennsylvania, July 25, 2014​

Chicago, Illinois, July 7, 2014, from Geoff Ziezulewicz in the Chicago Tribune:​

Portland, Oregon, January 11, 2014, Oregonian​

Plymouth, Pennsylvania, September 2012​

Early, Texas, August 2012, KTXS ABC Channel 12:.......Rifle stopped by pistol armed civilian​

Santa Clara, California, July 26, 2012, Reuters:​

Salt Lake, April 27, 2012, ABC Channel 4....Knife armed attacker stopped..​

Aurora, Colorado, April 2012, Fox 31 Denver by Tammy Vigil:​

Spartanburg, South Carolina, March 2012, article by Jenny Arnold at GoUpState.com (see also here):​

Oklahoma City, December 2009, KWTV NEWS Channel 9:​

Richmond, Virginia, July 2009 (this first description is based on a video of the shooting and a talk on the attack is here):​

College Park (near Atlanta), Georgia, May 7, 2009, WSB-TV 2...2 men with guns attempted to rape multiple women​

Winnemucca, Nevada, May 25, 2008, KOLO ABC Channel 8 (Reno):​

Colorado Springs, Colorado, December 2007, by Solomon Banda with the Associated Press:..Rifle stopped by pistol armed civilian​

Memphis, Tennessee, March 2007, WBIR TV NBC in Knoxville, TN:​

Memphis, Tennessee, July 21, 2006......Knife Armed attacker stopped...​

Tyler, Texas, February 2005, Fox News (see also here):​

Grundy, Virginia, Jan. 16, 2002​

Edinboro, Pennsylvania, April 1998, from Robert Moran and Susan Q. Stranahan in the Philadelphia Inquirer​

Pearl, Mississippi, October 1997​

Muskegon, Michigan, August 1995, The Chronicle:​

Anniston, Alabama, December 1991, J. Neil Schulman in the Los Angeles Times:​

Cases where attacks were stopped with other types of guns​

Fort Smith, Arkansas, May 15, 2021

Possible cases​

Cicero, Illinois, September 15, 2018​

Rock Hill, South Carolina, December 21, 2017 (The State newspaper (Columbia, South Carolina), WYFF Channel 4 TV)...attacker armed with pipe wrench...

North Naples, Florida, July 11, 2018​

Houston, Texas, Sunday, May 29, 2016, The UK Daily Mail​

Las Vegas, Nevada, June 8, 2014​

Portland, Oregon, December 2012 KGW Staff:......Rifle stopped by pistol armed civilian​

Manchester, New Hampshire, April 15, 2007​

Tacoma Mall in Tacoma, Washington, November 20, 2005.​

Other Cases​

Hoover, Alabama (Galleria Mall), November 23, 2018​

No...it was a gun free zone, normal people can't bring guns in there...you idiot.
How do you know it was a gun free zone?

Maine's gun laws means owners can carry a weapon without a permit - as the city experiences its second mass shooting in months.

Currently, Maine operates under a 'Concealed Carry' law, which came into force in 2015 and allows a gun owner to carry a concealed without need to apply for a permit.

How do you know it was a gun free zone?

Maine's gun laws means owners can carry a weapon without a permit - as the city experiences its second mass shooting in months.

Currently, Maine operates under a 'Concealed Carry' law, which came into force in 2015 and allows a gun owner to carry a concealed without need to apply for a permit.

Because several people have shown the gun free zone sign in the window...

And establishments can say no you can't.

Forum List

Back