Tancredo

Look at these lunatic fringe idiots talking to themselves.

Educate yourself, where you can actually look at both sides of an issue, and MAKE an EDUCATED OPINION. Where your getting your info from is from left fringe sites.
Please don't come back and say we do the same thing....no we don't.

We look at barry's policies, and see that they aren't business friendly policies.
We look at barry's policies and see that we can't afford it.
We look at barry's policies and see the debt rising every day.

If you were honest you would admit that you have read where we chastized bush for his over the line spending. Several have chastized bush for going to iraq.
What we get from you for a response is "I don't think so."
Like....you actually know what we think

Ive been thinking about it a while, and it seems to me that saying that a literacy test is one designed to target blacks is a racist comment. I mean are you honestly suggesting that blacks are too stupid and ignorant to read? I was unaware that reading was something only one or a few races could do. I was under the impression that it was an ability that is dang near universal.

Is encouraging people to stay illiterate a good thing? Who does it benefit other than politicians who use people who cant read or write? I really think Blacks would be much better off if people didnt condescend to tell them they are too stupid to understand anything.

So do you think that these "literacy tests" would be a good idea?? Is Tancredo right?? I guess that would depend on what it is he would like to accomplish and I don't think it's anything good. What were the "literacy tests" that were used so many years ago??

Rachel Maddow gave that information on her show last night. If you were black, the test was designed purely to afford a legalistic veneer of justification for denying you your constitutional right to vote.

As a white American, I am so upset that something like this was allowed to happen. Look at the questions. I highlighted them in red. Could Tancredo answer these questions?? Can you?? I think not. Get lost, Tancredo, you have nothing to offer.

I can't believe I agree with you that if these questions were on a literacy test that was given to blacks only that it was no doubt racist and wrong.

However, Maddow does not prove that these questions came from anywhere. Nor is there any proof that this is the type of test that Tancredo was talking about.

If it was then he would be wrong.

I'm so glad to hear you say that. Thanks.

Rachel said that she spent the whole weekend reading up on the problem of voter suppression. I don't know if she used books or just googled for information. In any case, I did google the Alabama test from 1965. The question on treason is in section C. I really don't consider this topic funny, but I could not help laughing at myself. I took the test. :lol: If you could call it that. I feel like a real dunce!!! Check it out:

http://www.crmvet.org/info/litques.pdf

Veterans of the Civil Rights Movement -- Alabama Literacy Test

Veterans of the Civil Rights Movement -- Literacy Test Questions

I don't want to say that Tancredo is suggesting that what happened in 1965 should be reinstated. I understand that. But then what IS he suggesting??

I think this would lead to other things. People having to pass a test before they marry?? Before they have kids?? (Well, I'm not sure I would disagree with that one), but you see what I mean.

So do you think that these "literacy tests" would be a good idea?? Is Tancredo right?? I guess that would depend on what it is he would like to accomplish and I don't think it's anything good. What were the "literacy tests" that were used so many years ago??

Rachel Maddow gave that information on her show last night. If you were black, the test was designed purely to afford a legalistic veneer of justification for denying you your constitutional right to vote.

As a white American, I am so upset that something like this was allowed to happen. Look at the questions. I highlighted them in red. Could Tancredo answer these questions?? Can you?? I think not. Get lost, Tancredo, you have nothing to offer.

I can't believe I agree with you that if these questions were on a literacy test that was given to blacks only that it was no doubt racist and wrong.

However, Maddow does not prove that these questions came from anywhere. Nor is there any proof that this is the type of test that Tancredo was talking about.

Rachel said that she spent the whole weekend reading up on the problem of voter suppression. I don't know if she used books or just googled for information. In any case, I did google the Alabama test from 1965. The question on treason is in section C. I really don't consider this topic funny, but I could not help laughing at myself. I took the test. :lol: If you could call it that. I feel like a real dunce!!! Check it out:

I don't want to say that Tancredo is suggesting that what happened in 1965 should be reinstated. I understand that. But then what IS he suggesting??

I think this would lead to other things. People having to pass a test before they marry?? Before they have kids?? (Well, I'm not sure I would disagree with that one), but you see what I mean.

One never knows what is truly in someones heart, however Tancredo has long been an advocate of closing the borders. He does believe that illegals are hurting our economy and that they have managed to (in some cases vote) My bet is he wants everyone to test that they can read English on say maybe a 4th grade level before they can vote. But that's just a guess.

Someone should check on whether Tancredo's grandparents immigrated legally from Italy. Did they speak English from day one?

One never knows what is truly in someones heart, however Tancredo has long been an advocate of closing the borders. He does believe that illegals are hurting our economy and that they have managed to (in some cases vote) My bet is he wants everyone to test that they can read English on say maybe a 4th grade level before they can vote. But that's just a guess.

I agree. Right now all we can do is speculate about what Tancredo meant. And it's true that we can't know what's in his heart. But for now I just don't trust him.

I know what I said. I don't need your recap. I'm tired of letting things go. You and the rest of the lunatic fringe have got it coming and you're going to get it.

Ever since I came on here I have been insulted, cussed out, and belittled, because I like Obama. I didn't start this. So buzz off.

Oh God I'm scared now.
:lol::lol::lol:

she is a piece of work aint she....

You're going to get only one response from me for all of the stupid posts you have sent me today. Get lost. You're not worth the trouble. Same for your pals.

The questions weren‘t about ABCs. They were—they were questions like this one, from Alabama‘s literacy test in 1965. If a person charged with treason denies his guilt, how many persons must testify against him before he can be convicted? Do you consider yourself qualified to vote in this country? Can you answer that question?

Or how about this one from the same test: In what year did the Congress gain the right to prohibit the migration of persons to the states? Do you know the answer to that one?

Again, these are from Alabama‘s literacy test in 1965. It was applied selectively, of course, to black voters, to keep them from registering.

If you lived in Georgia in 1958, you would have faced questions like this one: Who is the solicitor general of the state judicial circuit in which you live and who is the judge of such circuit? If such circuit has more than one judge, name them all.

How did you do on that one? Or how about this one: What does the Constitution of Georgia provide regarding the suspension of the writ of habeas corpus?

The board of registrars had the sole authority to determine who got asked which literacy test questions and whose answers to those questions rendered them ineligible to vote.

The idea was that black voters weren‘t being denied the right to vote based on race. That would be illegal. No, those voters just couldn‘t pass this literacy test.

'The Rachel Maddow Show' for Monday, February, 8 - Rachel Maddow show- msnbc.com

"As a white American", does it upset you that crimminals cross the border without the knowledge of the American citizens that they rob, rape, murder and kidnap? Does it bother you that illegal aliens can cross the border carrying parasites that have not been introduced in this country or drug resistant strains of disease that can raise health care costs for all of us? Does it bother you that illegal aliens, in many cases will face no punishment, no jail time for breaking even more of our laws than crossing the border? Are you, YOU, willing to pay extra for vehicle insurance because illegal aliens drive without insurance (our insurance pays for their accidents)? These illegal aliens can be white, yellow, red, brown, or black.

We know the history of this country, compared to today's standards, it was rough, growing. That is true, there is no denying it. Compare it to what other countries have done and tell me which has done better (that had the responsibilities of this nation). I get it, you want to believe all people just want to be loved, and will behave and sit still if you smile at them. History tells a different story, chances are, your family tells a different story. Do not let your "guilt" over the past interfere with wise decisions for the future.

I try not to, I really do. But I don't think it's fair for people to sneak over here. But then why doesn't our government stop it?? I don't understand that at all. For a long time I've felt as though a piece of the puzzle is missing. Do they know something we don't know??

I think somebody owes us an explanation. But good luck getting one, right?? The problem of illegals is not being addressed at all and I see it as a big issue.

Oh God I'm scared now.
:lol::lol::lol:

she is a piece of work aint she....

You're going to get only one response from me for all of the stupid posts you have sent me today. Get lost. You're not worth the trouble. Same for your pals.

it seems Rinota that the majority of the posters here in this thread look at you like a female Rdean.....only he doesnt cry....and if me and my "pals" got lost there would only be you and.....wait i think the thread would die....

Forum List

Back