Tampering with TSI

The variance in TSI is several orders of magnitude above the variance in CO2, so if I had to bet, I'd say the Big Yellow Thing in the Sky > CO2

Here is the core of the explanation for the changing TSI analyses in the AR5, WG I quoted above.

This RF is almost half of that in AR4, in part because the AR4 estimate was based on the previous solar cycle minimum while the AR5 estimate includes the drop of TSI in 2008 compared to the previous two SC minima (see 8.4.1). Concerning the uncertainty range in AR4 the upper limit corresponded to the reconstruction of Lean (2000), based on the reduced brightness of non-cycling Sun-like stars assumed typical of a Maunder minimum (MM) state. The use of such stellar analogues was based on the work of Bailunas and Jastrow (1990), but more recent surveys have not reproduced their results and suggest that the selection of the original set was flawed (Hal and Lockwood, 2004; Wright, 2004); the lower limit from 1750 to present in AR4 was due to the assumed increase in the amplitude of the 11-year cycle only. Thus the RF and uncertainty range have been obtained in a different way in AR5 compared to AR4. Maxima to maxima RF give a higher estimate than minima to minima RF, but the latter is more relevant for changes in solar activity. Given the medium agreement and medium evidence, this RF value has a medium confidence level (although confidence is higher for the last three decades).

Care to refute any of that?

But first, show us the evidence that supports your charges that the IPCC intended to understate (ie lie about) TSI and that the later studies on TSI reconstruction were "designed to distort".

DO I CARE TO COMMENT?? Nope.. But these assholes are fucking with your tiny brain..
LOOK at those historical curves.. WHAT do you SEE? You see a 22 year solar cycle riding on a baseline. THE AMPLITUDE of the DYNAMIC portion of the signal equals about 3/4s of the total increase in the AVERAGE and baseline. So their numbers on TSI are VARYING as solar cycle varies. It is generally understood that when you state the TSI INCREASE from the 1750s, you state the BASELINE AVG difference to REMOVE the 22 yr cycles.

These charlatans have a discovered a way to HIDE THE BASELINE increase from the 1750s making use of the fact that we are currently at solar minimum. EVEN THE MINIMUMS have increased from the 1750s, but when you end-date the comparison between NOW TODAY and 1750 without regard for the POSITION of where you are in the solar cycle -- you get GARBAGE information..

So no --- I have no comment.. I IGNORE this type of BULLSHIT whereever it's encountered. The simple answer is that TSI has INCREASED from the 1750s by about 1.2W/m2.. I can pull 20 respectable references noting that. These IPCC asswipes are irrelevent.

ftp://pmodwrc.ch/pub/Claus/TSI_longterm/reconstr_TSI_grl_rev_submitted.pdf

The resulting increase in solarcycle
averaged TSI from the Maunder Minimum
to the present amounts to (0.9±0.4)Wm-2.
In combination with
climate models, our reconstruction offers the possibility to test the
claimed links between climate and TSI forcing.

NOTE the fact that they get it right. TRADITIONAL comparisons of TSI are "solar cycle averaged".
If you take RANDOM years -- you get garbage and a lot of IPCC doublespeak to cover the crime..

Global Change Master Directory (GCMD)

Because of the dependence of the Sun's irradiance on solar activity,
reductions ... from contemporary levels are expected during the
seventeenth century Maunder Minimum. New reconstructions of spectral
irradiance are developed since 1600 with absolute scales traceable to
spacebased observations. The long-term variations track the envelope
of group sunspot numbers and have amplitudes consistent with the range
of Ca II brightness in Sun-like stars. Estimated increases since 1675
are 0.7%, 0.2% and 0.07% in broad ultraviolet, visible/near infrared
and infrared spectral bands, with a total irradiance increase of 0.2%.

The bolded part is the TOTAL change which is about twice the SORCE/TIM graph I used.
The link BTW is NASA/NOAA...

We've done this before Abe.. You are not gonna be able to read those graphs and understand the crime.
Not gonna do it again unless you show that you're following what I'm complaining about.
The IPCC does NOT GET to change definitions in every report from the expert conventions, just to dish the propaganda and present
nonsense comparisons of TSI to the 1750s..

I'd be more than happy to mop the floor up with your arguments, I'm just done with FCT.

So have the kooks come up for any coherent explanation of this latest conspiracy yet, or are all they still just babbling hysterically?

Lemme check ... yep, still babbling. Must be why I hear all the laughter.

What we're dealing with here is BLATANT dishonesty and lying..

faq-2-1-figure-2-l.png

Title of that AR4 turd is "Radiative Forcings Between 1750 and 2005".. It's Crap..

I'd be more than happy to mop the floor up with your arguments, I'm just done with FCT.

You couldn't mop the floor with a fleet of these. You are the victim of a hoax and nothing can change that fact but yourself.

1_17.jpg

I have as yet not had the slightest difficulty doing so. Are you expecting something to change?

I have as yet not had the slightest difficulty doing so. Are you expecting something to change?
The level of your self delusion is both tragic and hilarious. Thanks for the endless entertainment.

You couldn't mop the floor with a fleet of these. You are the victim of a hoax and nothing can change that fact but yourself.

1_17.jpg

SSDD......this is the preferred home defense item for these same k00ks >>>

.......all Disney, all the time.

Yeah, they are as deluded about the nature of bad people and what the police are and are not capable of doing as they are about the climate and what drives it. If you want to see real stupidity, just watch a lefty for a little while.

Forum List

Back