take the profit out of healthcare and problem solved!!

Take the profit out of healthcare and you will see less people willing to invest their time and treasure into that field. Why spend decades developing a medicine if you aren't going to be allowed to profit from it? Why spend all those years in medical school when you can't make a profit?
Oh, so you get into medicine not to serve humanity, but to make a profit....only a conservative christian could come up with that one....God bless ya!!

you aren't very smart are you.....you expect people to give up their youth.....with non stop study and hard work.....to just be a government clock puncher with the same level of respect as the guy at the post office who won't open a second window to help you.....

This is why you morons shouldn't be in charge of anything......

If government completes the takeover of healthcare....it will be a tragedy of unlimited proportions...as life saving innovations are never discovered....and the young and the old are sacrificed to a wasteful, corrupt, government run system....just like the V.A.

Why is it that these fools think that the government that can't run the V.A. for a few million veterans...can increase their responsibilites to 320 million people and actually do a better job...? Where actual human beings are dying because they can't get in to see doctors who are specifically there to serve their needs.......

This is why I think left wingers are insane....
Get the fuck outta here, the VA are among the best ran institutions in this country and have you ever heard of medicare, another success story.....stop drinking the FOX kool aid..it has piss in it.

If government completes the takeover of healthcare....it will be a tragedy of unlimited proportions...as life saving innovations are never discovered....and the young and the old are sacrificed to a wasteful, corrupt, government run system....just like the V.A.

Why is it that these fools think that the government that can't run the V.A. for a few million veterans...can increase their responsibilites to 320 million people and actually do a better job...? Where actual human beings are dying because they can't get in to see doctors who are specifically there to serve their needs.......

Get the fuck outta here, the VA are among the best ran institutions in this country and have you ever heard of medicare, another success story.....stop drinking the FOX kool aid..it has piss in it.

are you kidding me....are you this stupid for real...or do you pretend to be this stupid on the internet?

Do you follow the news...the scandals and the deaths with the V.A.? You are nuts...

Oh, so you get into medicine not to serve humanity, but to make a profit....only a conservative christian could come up with that one....God bless ya!!

First, I'm not a Christian. Second, people do not go into medicine with a plan to be broke. Yes, there are some that want to save the world but you aren't going to attract the best and the brightest if you tell them that they can't make a profit. Being a doctor isn't easy.

It is absolutely insane to keep blaming Obama, poor people, minorities, the sick, etc on why premiums are going up. If you've had a job most of your life, as have most of us, long before ACA hit the country, the insurance companies have always raised prems. during enrollment times...like what planet have you nuts been on. I'd get a lowsy raise and the premmies would eat it up.

The insurance industry is out to make a profit, they have stock holders and bonuses to diffy out, so naturally they raise prices. But the health and well being of human beings should not be apart of a profit making industry. We should cut the insurance industry out of this equation, go to single payer and the hell with the middle man....who by the way, pay next to nothing in claims.

Single payer is the only way to fix Obamacare.....!!

Take the profit out of healthcare, or any business, and you will have no business.
Apple and Oranges pal. A business doesn't decide whether I live or die from a denied operation...now go back to the end of the line.

You think healthcare is not an industry? :lmao:

.......The insurance industry is out to make a profit...READ MUCH, DO YA?

are you kidding me....are you this stupid for real...or do you pretend to be this stupid on the internet?

Do you follow the news...the scandals and the deaths with the V.A.? You are nuts...
Yeah, yeah yeah....but guess what I'm a vet and I'm coming from my reality. True there are some horror stories as in just about everything in this country...but I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water. And just for the record, keep in mind, its the GOP controlled congress that cut a lot of the funding for the VA....fool

First, I'm not a Christian. Second, people do not go into medicine with a plan to be broke. Yes, there are some that want to save the world but you aren't going to attract the best and the brightest if you tell them that they can't make a profit. Being a doctor isn't easy.
Of course it isn't Christian....yeah right...anyways.....I don't want to see a doctor who's sole purpose is profit driven....end of effin story. And don't give me this best and brightest shit coming out of America....Trump leads in Fla. I rest my case..this country reeeeeeekkkkkks of ingrate and idiots!!

It is absolutely insane to keep blaming Obama, poor people, minorities, the sick, etc on why premiums are going up. If you've had a job most of your life, as have most of us, long before ACA hit the country, the insurance companies have always raised prems. during enrollment times...like what planet have you nuts been on. I'd get a lowsy raise and the premmies would eat it up.

The insurance industry is out to make a profit, they have stock holders and bonuses to diffy out, so naturally they raise prices. But the health and well being of human beings should not be apart of a profit making industry. We should cut the insurance industry out of this equation, go to single payer and the hell with the middle man....who by the way, pay next to nothing in claims.

Take the profit out of healthcare, or any business, and you will have no business.
Apple and Oranges pal. A business doesn't decide whether I live or die from a denied operation...now go back to the end of the line.
If it's covered they can't deny you. If you can't read you are supposed to have a guardian.

Of course it isn't Christian....yeah right...anyways.....I don't want to see a doctor who's sole purpose is profit driven....end of effin story. And don't give me this best and brightest shit coming out of America....Trump leads in Fla. I rest my case..this country reeeeeeekkkkkks of ingrate and idiots!!

Really? I want a doctor who is motivated by money. I want him or her to want to take my money for decades to come. I do not want a doctor who is just ready to put in his or her hours until the end of the day. I want the absolute best doctor that I can afford.

Have you heard of concierge medicine? That's where those that can afford it get the best doctors. The best medical testing. And those with the ACA plans? They wait in line. Over half of the hospitals in New Hampshire have opted out of the plans that include ACA patients. How many insurance companies have dropped their ACA plans? We aren't talking small companies either. Aetna? One of the largest.

Many of those on the ACA thought they had free healthcare. They got excited. Then they learned a few new words. Deductible, Copayment, and Premium. Now the plan isn't so exciting any more.

You are so full of shit (but I still think you're a white guy making libs look bad). There are many problems that have been in the news but I worked in a VA hospital for 3.5 years and it was not great care by any stretch. I'm sure they aren't all the same but I saw first hand many things that would never fly in the private sector. One poor bastard died while the new girl was giving an ICU patient cpr. She was petite and if you don't know it, ICU beds are tall for constant care. Everyone was standing around until he flatlined. Then the big guy next to her hopped in. Too late, sorry Charlie. Maybe he would have died anyway but he did not get the best of care, what came first was an employee getting qualified to advance herself.

You are so full of shit (but I still think you're a white guy making libs look bad). There are many problems that have been in the news but I worked in a VA hospital for 3.5 years and it was not great care by any stretch. I'm sure they aren't all the same but I saw first hand many things that would never fly in the private sector. One poor bastard died while the new girl was giving an ICU patient cpr. She was petite and if you don't know it, ICU beds are tall for constant care. Everyone was standing around until he flatlined. Then the big guy next to her hopped in. Too late, sorry Charlie. Maybe he would have died anyway but he did not get the best of care, what came first was an employee getting qualified to advance herself.
Sweetie, I've worked in the health care industry for 12 years and I can repeat that story a zillion times and not miss a beat....so miss me on the VA shit....shit happens...there are less than 200 VA hospitals in this country...we need more.

I have medicare. My dog gets better care from the vet. Because so few doctors are medicare providers they process those ciphers as fast as possible. It helps to have already diagnosed yourself before you go.

My doctor who has been practicing for over 40 years, is a true doctor in the strictest sense of the word. He calls me on Saturday from home to go over blood results. I see him every 6 months and I never see a nurse. He takes my blood, does a physical examine, interviews me about my health, diet, exercise, etc. I recently had a conversation with him about our healthcare system. Here are his views-

Biggest problem in our system is the poor training/education of new doctors. He said there is a running joke among the old time doctors with respect to the newer ones. If all the test don't tell you what is wrong then examine the patient. The point is they listen to the symptoms described and then order test, expensive test! They don't know how to diagnose without test.

Medicare/ Obamacare- 30%of his patients are on Medicare, they require 50% of his time because they are sicker and do not generally follow his directions for improving their own health. Why should they, they don't pay for it. They constitute 20% of his income. He can't take on anymore Medicare patients because he won't be able to keep his lights on. His words- Obamacare is Medicare for everyone.

He claims that patients need to be responsible for their health. Eating right, exercise, avoiding excessive alcohol and drug use. Those who don't pay for healthcare also don't take responsibility for their own health.

He also told me he does not meet with pharma reps. He does his own research and prescribes medicines begrudgingly as a last resort. He never prescribes pain meds. The US is 5% of the world population and we consume 75% of prescription drugs. Drug companies are poisoning Americans

Those are the opinions of one doctor, and they make a hell of lot of sense.

Sweetie, I've worked in the health care industry for 12 years and I can repeat that story a zillion times and not miss a beat....so miss me on the VA shit....shit happens...there are less than 200 VA hospitals in this country...we need more.
Sounds like you're part of the problem. Working in the healthcare business doesn't make you knowledgeable about the VHA. Sweetie.

I'm a retired veteran. I can use Tricare for my healthcare. Yet, I opt to spend money out of pocket to purchase healthcare insurance with my current employer. Why do you think that is? Could it be just what you are talking about in this post? I don't want to wait six months for an appointment. I don't want to have to drive clear to Macon or Atlanta. The VA is an example of a single payer healthcare system here in the US.

I have medicare. My dog gets better care from the vet. Because so few doctors are medicare providers they process those ciphers as fast as possible. It helps to have already diagnosed yourself before you go.
Back in the day everybody wanted to be a doctor or a lawyer, etc....today we import doctors...I see more mf's from India than I see from Harvard...but that's america for you. Bottom line is this, we are a population of many, and people aren't going for medical degree's as fast as we like..that is just life. And its not because of money, its because today's america wants a easy way of everything and medicine is hard and playing the market isn't.

You made a great point and then blew it all up with a contradiction in your conclusion. You said it isn't about money and then said they can make easy money playing stocks. Better get somebody to read your post before you hit "post reply".

It's all about money and government involvement, at least according to people who have researched the issue a lot more than you obviously have-

Doctor shortages: Here's the real culprit
At this stage, the government again plays a big role in the supply-chain jam. One of the key problems is that the number of residencies hospitals establish for new med-school grads is almost entirely dependent on Medicare funding. The baseline for that funding hasn't changed enough since 1997 to meet demand. Teaching hospitals have been complaining about this for at least five years. But by getting into bed with the government decades ago and allowing Medicare to dictate residency spots, this was a predictable Faustian bargain.

^ this is why ever single Progressive managed economy fails no matter the size or scale

Fix BarryCare? What's to fix? Or, did Barry and the rest of the dimocrats lie to us about being able to keep our doctors, our plans, and most importantly our $2,500,00 a year premium savings? Barry lied? I just don't believe it.

Loved the "diffy out" though. You are, as Rush would put it, are a glittering jewel of colossal ignorance...on steroids I would add.

That is why obamadon'tcare was set up the way it was. No one in their right mind would ever think it was going to work. They even had to force people into the plan to keep it alive for more than a few months. It was deliberately set up to force us into government healthcare.

You do not need to be on the ACA, keep the insurance you had, but you have to have insurance.
Where do you think most of those who did not carry insurance were going to go to get it? The plan was to lock everyone into buying insurance, than raise the heck out of the cost by forcing more plans to cover more things (why should a 60 year old man, for example, have to pay for maternity coverage?), then when the pain gets severe enough, resurrect Hillarycare and make private contracts with doctors illegal. That's the way it looked when it was rammed through against public opinion, and the perception hasn't changed.

Gee , see I'm glad you have to buy health insurance. I am so happy you need to pay your fair share.

Fix BarryCare? What's to fix? Or, did Barry and the rest of the dimocrats lie to us about being able to keep our doctors, our plans, and most importantly our $2,500,00 a year premium savings? Barry lied? I just don't believe it.

Loved the "diffy out" though. You are, as Rush would put it, are a glittering jewel of colossal ignorance...on steroids I would add.

Rush who makes a living off of mouthing propaganda. The fat boy who sits and spurts out of his mouth is a mulit millionaire and you sit and listen to his crap. How many times has he been married, no woman can put up with him and yet you do. You and Rush are jewels of colossal ignorance.

Trump said his employees are complaining about Obamacare, turns out his employees are not even on the ACA. Trump is a complete fool..

That is why obamadon'tcare was set up the way it was. No one in their right mind would ever think it was going to work. They even had to force people into the plan to keep it alive for more than a few months. It was deliberately set up to force us into government healthcare.

You do not need to be on the ACA, keep the insurance you had, but you have to have insurance.
Where do you think most of those who did not carry insurance were going to go to get it? The plan was to lock everyone into buying insurance, than raise the heck out of the cost by forcing more plans to cover more things (why should a 60 year old man, for example, have to pay for maternity coverage?), then when the pain gets severe enough, resurrect Hillarycare and make private contracts with doctors illegal. That's the way it looked when it was rammed through against public opinion, and the perception hasn't changed.

Gee , see I'm glad you have to buy health insurance. I am so happy you need to pay your fair share.
"Fair Share" just means "more".

Forum List

Back