Tag Team: Putin & Obama

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
George Neumayr’s brilliant piece nails Barack Taqiyya on every point except one:

Now they will get all worked up about “Putin playing Obama.”

To me, it is quite obvious that Putin and our president are double-teaming the American people in order to empower the United Nations. Instead of looking for guaranties against an escalating war in Syria after the bombing commences, members of Congress should be looking very closely at how the UN’s authority will escalate if it is handed control of Syria’s chemical weapons suggested by Putin and Taqiyya. Proof: Look at how much the UN has increased its worldwide authority since 1945. Not one of those increases was good for Americans, or free people for that matter.

Locking the USA into the UN’s universal police force agenda through Syria’s chemical weapons would be a major accomplishment for the tag team of Putin & Taqiyya.

Here’s the rub. Nobody in Congress, or the media, is denouncing the United Nations except to say it is useless —— implying that it needs more authority. That, in itself, is a victory for Putin because from his point of view the United Nations is his well-protected King in a global game of chess. I’d like to hear one knowledgeable media voice lay it all out before calling for the US to withdraw from the UN. Naturally, such a declaration would end his or her broadcast career. No matter. There is no comparison to the sacrifice our military people make in war.

NOTE: Then-Rep. Ron Paul’s HR 1146 never went anywhere. Thanks to the tag team the political landscape has changed to some degree. Democrats will still torpedo every attempt to shutdown the UN, but reducing the UN to a debating society is now doable. The will to do it is the only thing lacking.

Finally, please read George Neumayr’s piece if you want the straight skinny on last night’s speech:

Obama Is Putin Us On
By George Neumayr on 9.11.13 @ 6:11AM
His case for war on Tuesday night had more whimper than bang to it.

The American Spectator : Obama Is Putin Us On

As I suspected all along, empowering the United Nations is the goal irrespective of the political posturing:

Senior administration officials had said Friday the Obama administration would not press for U.N. authorization to use force against Syria if it reneges on any agreement to give up its chemical weapons.

The Russians had made clear in talks here between Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Kerry that the negotiations could not proceed under the threat of a U.N. resolution authorizing a military strike.

XXXXX

President Obama has said that the unilateral U.S. use of force against Syria for a chemical attack last month remains on the table.

XXXXX

The officials insisted that any agreement must be verifiable and include consequences for non-compliance. Short of a threatened use of force, it is not clear what those consequences would be.

Plow through all of the double-talk, misdirection, and betrayals by Barack Taqiyya & Company and you will see that the UN ends up with authority over the American people while Russia gives up nothing. Assad can renege on everything and there is not a thing the US can do about it because Putin’s United Nations won’t allow it. Ultimately, the US military will do what the UN tells it to do which is what the administration has been after from day one.

Give me a break on this one:

Russia also wanted assurances that a resolution would not refer Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to the International Criminal Court for possible war-crimes prosecution.

XXXXX

The draft still includes a provision to refer Syrian authorities to the International Criminal Court, but that provision could also be removed in subsequent reworkings as the Geneva negotiations continue.

U.S., Russia reach agreement on seizure of Syrian chemical weapons arsenal
By Anne Gearan, Colum Lynch and Karen DeYoung, Published: September 13 | Updated: Saturday, September 14, 7:18 AM

Officials: U.S. won?t seek U.N. approval for strike if Syria reneges on chemical-arms pact - The Washington Post

The ICC is a joke because the United Nations is an organization. To cite the ICC as if the UN’s judiciary is legitimate gives those bums in The Hague credibility. I would not give Assad or anyone else to the United Nations.

Finally, remember how the Left via Ramsey Clark tried to hand Saddam Hussein to the UN because there is no death penalty in the UN’s “justice” system.

“The only existing court that is competent and independent and impartial is the International Criminal Court, which came into existence July 1, 2002. It’s a court the U.S. opposed. It’s a court the U.S. tragically weakened, but it’s been approved by more than 120 countries.

Ramsey Clark: Why I’m Taking Saddam’s Case
By Lizzy Ratner 1/10/05 12:00am

Ramsey Clark: Why I?m Taking Saddam?s Case | Observer | News and Commentary on Politics, Culture, Lifestyle and Real Estate

When that failed they wanted the UN to handle Saddam’s appeals.

Bottom line: If Assad is the villain in the piece it remains to be seen if the administration will let Syrians hang him the way the Iraqis hanged Saddam. I can see how devious and complicated it looks, but I’m betting that Barack Taqiyya and Putin will hand Assad over to the ICC if they get the chance because that move does the most for the United Nations and non-existent International law.

Forum List

Back