Swine Flu Alert!!!!!!

swine-flu-cartoon.jpg

RUN!!! The Swine Flu is falling!!! RUN!!!
disney-chicken-little-sky-falling.jpg

What is so maddening are people's willingness to forget having been manipulated yet again, and when the next hysteria wave hits, they will jump right back into "OH MY GOD" mode.

SARS, Bird Flu, Y2K, Hunta Virus, Killer Bees, Global Warming, AIDS, West Nile Virus, Swine Flu....and on and on and on.

Perhaps stupidity is the real terminal illness in our present culture...

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
There is a greater statistical chance you will kill your own kids than they will die of swine flu.

And as far as mutation - the flu virus always mutates. Were you freaking out a couple years ago during flu season? Or ten years ago? Or twenty?

The swine flu was not the big concern it was made out to be and that is the fact. Some people died - including a very small number of children. But far more people kids die from accidents than from swine flu. So take your "Unless you happen to have a child or be one" and shove it up your pathetic hysterical fat ass. And yes, you are fat- your posts reak of chubby fingers on keyboards...

Must be some history here... shezz

I am afraid I posted a wee bit drunk - apologies to Allie.

That being said, the swine flu hysteria is being proven as yet another example of people's herd like mentality to seemingly want to believe the sky is falling. A simple review of the actual facts show it to have been unworthy of one-tenth the hysteria that was produced...

The only one acting hysterically here is you! :lol:

It's November 14 and flu season has just begun.

Millions of Americans have already been vaccinated and millions more will be vaccinated in the next two weeks.

Daily Update of Aggregate Totals

Posted November 13, 2009, 3:00 PM ET

Doses Allocated as of 11/12/09* 41,641,400
Doses Ordered as of 11/12/09 38,054,400
Doses Shipped as of 11/12/09** 36,894,300

*Doses allocated to project areas for ordering are those that are at the distribution depots and ready for project areas to order.
Vaccine is allocated to each project area in proportion to its population (pro rata).

**There is a lag time between allocation, ordering, and shipment of doses as project areas place orders and those orders are processed and shipped.

CDC H1N1 Flu | 2009 H1N1 Influenza Vaccine Supply Status

Ame®icano;1715917 said:
Scared yet??

ShakenBake.jpg

Remember this?

The Egyptian government began slaughtering pigs today as a preventative measure to stop the spread of the swine flu, reports the AP. Over 300,000 pigs will be killed immediately despite no reported cases of the pandemic in the country.

Egypt Slaughters All Pigs To Prevent Outbreak

:)

And sadly, the hysteria among more "enlightened" Americans was only marginally better regarding this swine flu "national emergency".
We had posters in here complaining over those not wishing to get vaccinated, calling them irresponsible and putting others in danger.

And now we see H1N1 cases dropping swiftly the past couple of weeks, and the actual true impact of the flu virus being relatively mild when compared to the regular old flu.

One could easily take the drops in flu cases and form a headline that reads:

Flu Cases Plummet by 200%

And yet, we don't see such headlines do we?

So many are unwilling to confirm the fact they were - once again - incorrect in their willingness to embrace hysteria devoid of fact and responsibility...

Ame®icano;1715917 said:
Scared yet??

ShakenBake.jpg

Remember this?

The Egyptian government began slaughtering pigs today as a preventative measure to stop the spread of the swine flu, reports the AP. Over 300,000 pigs will be killed immediately despite no reported cases of the pandemic in the country.

Egypt Slaughters All Pigs To Prevent Outbreak

:)

And sadly, the hysteria among more "enlightened" Americans was only marginally better regarding this swine flu "national emergency".
We had posters in here complaining over those not wishing to get vaccinated, calling them irresponsible and putting others in danger.

And now we see H1N1 cases dropping swiftly the past couple of weeks, and the actual true impact of the flu virus being relatively mild when compared to the regular old flu.

One could easily take the drops in flu cases and form a headline that reads:

Flu Cases Plummet by 200%

And yet, we don't see such headlines do we?

So many are unwilling to confirm the fact they were - once again - incorrect in their willingness to embrace hysteria devoid of fact and responsibility...

This whole H1N1 Scenario has dropped as I thought it would...Interesting that it came about when the talk of Healthcare Reform was taking shape, and the combatants on both sides were getting ready to do battle.

This entire scenario will go the way of the "BIRD FLU". (Remember that one)?

It was/IS another mechanism that Government takes control over the people.

Simple.

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that counting related illnesses the number of deaths from the H1N1 virus is about four times earlier estimates.

"Federal health officials now say nearly 4,000 Americans have died from the H1N1 virus since it first emerged in April. Previous estimates put the number of fatalities at around 1,000, but the death toll has been recalculated to include deaths from flu-related complications, such as pneumonia and bacterial infections.

"The CDC estimates that 22 million Americans have gotten the virus and close to 100,000 have been hospitalized.

"Eight million children have been infected. 540 have died.

"The CDC's Dr. Anne Schuchat, calls these numbers alarming. "I have already seen a larger number of deaths than we have had for several years - I do believe that pediatric death toll from this pandemic will be extensive and much greater than what we see with seasonal flu," she says."

VOA News - Nearly 4,000 People Die From H1N1 in US

"The H1N1 virus is different from normal, seasonal flu, in that it persisted during the summer months and affects relatively healthy people."

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that counting related illnesses the number of deaths from the H1N1 virus is about four times earlier estimates.

"Federal health officials now say nearly 4,000 Americans have died from the H1N1 virus since it first emerged in April. Previous estimates put the number of fatalities at around 1,000, but the death toll has been recalculated to include deaths from flu-related complications, such as pneumonia and bacterial infections.

"The CDC estimates that 22 million Americans have gotten the virus and close to 100,000 have been hospitalized.

"Eight million children have been infected. 540 have died.

"The CDC's Dr. Anne Schuchat, calls these numbers alarming. "I have already seen a larger number of deaths than we have had for several years - I do believe that pediatric death toll from this pandemic will be extensive and much greater than what we see with seasonal flu," she says."

VOA News - Nearly 4,000 People Die From H1N1 in US

"The H1N1 virus is different from normal, seasonal flu, in that it persisted during the summer months and affects relatively healthy people."
Don't bother with the statistics, it'll only confuse Sinatra further.

Flu kills some people. In the case of swine flu, it has killed a higher percentage of children than normal flu. We somehow equate that to being worse. Flu and pneumonia together account for 2.9% of deaths in the US each year. A daily walk would save far more people than a flu shot. Yet, no national hysteria there.

I find it interesting that the CDC decided to change the way they tabulated the death toll. Apparently the number wasn't big enough, so they changed their methodology.
H1N1 pediatric deaths quadruple in US under new method
Pediatric deaths from swine flu in the US are much more extensive than previously thought after health officials expanded their counting method, the nation’s disease control agency said Thursday
No shit? Really? :lol: but here is the show stopper.....
Anne Schuchat, a top CDC official who has been in charge of H1N1 prevention and control, said that the agency had expanded its count to include children who have died of secondary infections or who did not have laboratory confirmation that they had swine flu.
Woo!! Hoo!! we'll pump up those numbers even if we have to make shit up!!! YEEHAW!!!!!:clap2::clap2:

Look, I understand that the swine flu is dangerous and that young people can die from it. I understand all of that and do not deny that it is unique. But the HYPE and fear mongering is making me sick. It has gotten so bad that now the CDC is using the SWAG method of estimating swine flu deaths. It is MANUFACTURED FEAR.

I find it interesting that the CDC decided to change the way they tabulated the death toll. Apparently the number wasn't big enough, so they changed their methodology.
H1N1 pediatric deaths quadruple in US under new method
Pediatric deaths from swine flu in the US are much more extensive than previously thought after health officials expanded their counting method, the nation’s disease control agency said Thursday
No shit? Really? :lol: but here is the show stopper.....
Anne Schuchat, a top CDC official who has been in charge of H1N1 prevention and control, said that the agency had expanded its count to include children who have died of secondary infections or who did not have laboratory confirmation that they had swine flu.
Woo!! Hoo!! we'll pump up those numbers even if we have to make shit up!!! YEEHAW!!!!!:clap2::clap2:

Look, I understand that the swine flu is dangerous and that young people can die from it. I understand all of that and do not deny that it is unique. But the HYPE and fear mongering is making me sick. It has gotten so bad that now the CDC is using the SWAG method of estimating swine flu deaths. It is MANUFACTURED FEAR.

_____

Exactly - the pro-hysteria crowd attach their inclinations to these "facts", while ignoring the complete revising of how said facts are formulated.

Just as WHO altered the definition of "pandemic" so that now every single flu season will be a pandemic.

1,000 dead? 4,000 dead? (altered math mind you) Even the higher number is not actually a "cause for alarm" as each year we see tens of thousands of deaths from I&P in America.

In 2002 we had nearly 700 people under the age of 24 die from I&P in America - nearly 500 of those were under the age of 15.

Whatever changes in the impacts of swine flu are statistically marginal - at best.

The hype and spin surrounding swine flu are downright irresponsible - at best.

Well over 13,000 people under the age of 24 died from auto accidents in 2002- nearly 2600 were under the age of 15.

Nearly 1000 kids under the age of 15 died from drowning in 2002.

Nearly 600 kids under the age of 15 died in fire-related deaths in 2002.

The facts are the facts folks - swine flu was simply another exaggerated doom n gloom hysteria driven phenom that has exposed the inclinations of so many to decline objective rational thought in favor of near-baseless drama.

Bird Flu, Hunta Virus, West Nile Virus, Y2K, SARS, Global Warming, Killer Bees...

You been had yet again...

CAUSES OF DEATH

Last edited:

No, only 10,000 or so of our children.

Nothing to worry about.

Unless, of course, you happen ot have a child or be one.

How many people died because of Katrina..?

Huh??? What the hell does that have to do with a disease? Wait!!! You mean to tell me that Bush designed a killer hurricane AND a vaccine to protect certain people from it??? DAMN HIM!!!!!

Wow...it this thing goes the way they hope, we'll have the population down to manageable numbers in no time!! BO's job will get MUCH easier because he won't have NEAR as many jobs to create and the decreased health care services will not be nearly has noticeable.

Hell!!! It's a win/win for the White House! What a great day for Amerika!

So, I guess the consensus is that if there's a way to prevent it, so long as it doesn't wipe out as many people as not walking, we shouldn't bother using available preventative measures to keep our kids safe.

That's some awesome logic, there.

Forum List

Back