Suspect named in Pressley murder

Here's MY point ... we went through this same crap in another thread when Pressley was first assaulted. People speculating and getting ugly over it for no damned good reason.

We don't know the actual facts. Whatever the police have has not been released.

Until the facts ARE released, the possibility that the crime was raciially motivated cannot be ruled off the list of possibilities. It is however, no more important a possibility than any other from our perspective at this time.

i agree.

so far, in the one link posted on this thread that did work for me, it said they arrested him when they got a tip that his car was parked in her neighborhood, a few blocks away, on that night....BUT THAT'S IT?

no mention of his finger prints being in the house or his DNA found under the fingernails, or his semen in her with a dna match, or ANYTHING at all that even gives reason for the arrest, other than his car being in the neighborhood?

so, i just don't see how they even can be charging him on anything?

I saw NOTHING on her being raped or mutilated and DO NOT accept that information as sound, or as something that even can be considered, because nothing has been reported or even rumored about in the news.

which meansssssss

what you said....! :)

WE JUST DO NOT have enough info on this to come to any kind of logical or reasonable conclusion, yet.

care

The reason there was no semen is because he didn't rape her, he raped her with a "blunt object."
is there a link to that on this thread, that i missed?

makes sense on no DNA for semen if true....! where is that info reported?

any fingerprints on the blunt object?

care

This was far more than a robbery. Hospital employees leaked classified information (and have since been fired) and said that Pressly was so brutally beaten that nearly ever bone in her body was broken. Her jaw was literally hanging from her face. Her tongue was also cut out, and her throat was slit.

With her throat being slit, it's likely that the murderer was STILL in the house when Pressly's mother arrived to check on her. He probably slit her throat and ran out of the house as Pressly's mother entered.

Her mother found her propped up in the bed, unconscious. There were no signs of forced entry.

From the brutality, this seems like more than "just a robbery." The house was not ransacked. Only her purse was missing.

The likely event is that the murderer was waiting outside Pressly's house, and when she got up to let her dogs out, as she did every morning, he forced her back into the house. If that is the case, he had to have known her routine, meaning he was stalking her.

There's still a lot to be uncovered in the case. What's the motive? Is Vance the right guy? Was another person involved? What evidence led police to Vance?

The suspsect, Curtis Vance, is from Marianna, AR. I was born there and lived there until I was 8. It's sad, my two hometowns (Marianna and Helena) have only made headlines because a kid from Helena wanted to assassinate Obama, and now this guy supposedly killed a news anchor. And people wonder why I never like to visit home.
can you post a link to your source?

well, i agree with dive, gunny and others that there still is not enough facts to make any firm comments on what precisely happened...

but if some of the tidbits being said now, like if the raped with blunt object is actually TRUE, then i would say there is a possibility that he knew her, and was very angry with her, or it was a hate crime of some sort....ALL of this as SPECULATING on my part....of course.

Exactly Divecon, when the trial comes then the facts will be shared. Let's hope justice is swift and harsh!

Mmm...considering my source lost their job over revealing the information, I doubt it's rumors.
did you think that there might be a possibility that they were fired for saying ANYTHING and that what they said MIGHT not be the truth?

its still unsubstantiated rumors

Sure. If that's what you want to believe. Given the nature of the crime, the reaction by the police, and the fact that the newstation closest to the investigation is where she worked, it's also very easy to understand why the details of the crime have not been released.

If she were simply beaten and stabbed, explain why she went from "making a recovery" to dying in a matter of days. What was done to her was clearly far worse than what's being reported.

As for the rape, that was reported by John Walsh on America's Most Wanted. You don't have to believe me, because Walsh has far better sources than I do.

Sure. If that's what you want to believe. Given the nature of the crime, the reaction by the police, and the fact that the newstation closest to the investigation is where she worked, it's also very easy to understand why the details of the crime have not been released.

If she were simply beaten and stabbed, explain why she went from "making a recovery" to dying in a matter of days. What was done to her was clearly far worse than what's being reported.

As for the rape, that was reported by John Walsh on America's Most Wanted. You don't have to believe me, because Walsh has far better sources than I do.
i'm not saying this wasnt a horrible beating, clearly, it was
but why would you want to make the jump that other guy on here did to making it a racial crime?
we have no evidence of that
and no where have i said "she was simply beaten and stabbed" thats a strawman the other guy tried to assign to me
so back off that shit
ok?

Dive con is right, J Sanders. Why so quick to call this a racially motivated crime before the evidence is all in? Afraid that that you will be disproved and think you need toi spread the misinformation as soon as possible?

DiveCon is right, J Sanders. Why so quick to call this a racially motivated crime before the evidence is all in? Afraid that that you will be disproved and think you need toi spread the misinformation as soon as possible?
quoted for posterity
;)

and fixed, no space and the "C" is capped ;)

1. I never said it was racially motivated.
2. I never said you said she was "simply beaten and stabbed." That's what's being reported NOW, although initial reports did mention the "brutal rape."
3. Calm down, padre.

However, racial motivation is a possibility. The idea that it was just a robbery makes no sense given the severity of the beating. There's ulterior motives, rather it be race or a "crime of passion," there's something else to this. You don't force your way into someone's home to rob them, beat them to death, and just steal their purse.

Let's look at this logically:

There were no signs of forced entry. So either he abducted her away from her home and took her back there, he followed her home and forced her into the house, he waited at her house and forced his way in when she got home, he waited outside her house and forced his way in when she let her dogs out (or went to leave the house for another reason), or the most unlikely, she willingly let him into the house.

The first two indicate a random victim. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The second two indicate she was targetted and stalked. The last means something else altogether, but I seriously doubt that was the case.

Now, you tell me. Why would someone break into her house, rape her, beat her to death, and then steal JUST her purse?

Also, if the story about her throat being slit IS true, this beating likely took place over several hours. If he slit her throat and left, she would have been dead when her mother arrived. It's more likely that he was still in the house when her mother arrived, and he slit her throat and exited as the mother entered. You don't do that to someone when you just want their money/property. You do that to someone when you want to make them suffer.

And, just because some are saying it was racially motivated doesn't mean this guy was just looking for a white woman to kill. Maybe he WAS just robbing her, and maybe she said something to set him off. No one said she was a princess.

Dive con is right, J Sanders. Why so quick to call this a racially motivated crime before the evidence is all in? Afraid that that you will be disproved and think you need toi spread the misinformation as soon as possible?

Again, I never said race was a possible motivation (until my last post).

Why do you and DiveCon see the need to read things incorrectly?

Ok duly noted. But what about this stuff you supposedly heard from hospital employees? why should we believe that?

you came in and attacked me for calling that other guy wrong
why did you attack me for correcting him then?
i'm not reading anything wrong
i read what you wrote

Forum List

Back