Surprising Rasmussen poll, 2016: Hillary vs. GOP field

Did you know Hillary and Barack each took 18,000,000 votes in the Primaries?

True story. It was a horserace and she lost but not really.

:lol: A loss is a loss. She lost, really.

Be honest, are you excited about Hillary 2016? Wouldn't you prefer another candidate?

I really like her an she will take the WH if she runs. There is no R who can take her. I voted for her in the 2008 primaries.

From my experience, you are the exception. Every Democrat I have spoken to (I live in Los Angeles and almost everyone here is a Democrat) has told that while they would vote for her, they'd really prefer someone else.

I'm sorta surprised that Rand Paul is only 7 points behind.

That's probably because no one really knows him yet.

A lot will come out I'm sure but if their candidate is Ted Cruz or one of those idiots, it will be boring.

:lol: A loss is a loss. She lost, really.

Be honest, are you excited about Hillary 2016? Wouldn't you prefer another candidate?

I really like her an she will take the WH if she runs. There is no R who can take her. I voted for her in the 2008 primaries.

From my experience, you are the exception. Every Democrat I have spoken to (I live in Los Angeles and almost everyone here is a Democrat) has told that while they would vote for her, they'd really prefer someone else.

I'm not the exception, Zander. I was trying to explain her popularity in the 2008 primaries but you just blew all that off.

Hillary 2006 = Frontrunner!! A lock!! She can't lose!!
Hillary 2007 = Frontrunner!! A lock!! She can't lose!!
Hillary 2008 = Frontrunner!! A lock!! She can't lose!!
Hillary 2009 = loser of 2008 primaries.

Hillary 2014 = Frontrunner!! A lock!!! She can't lose!!
Hillary 2015 = Frontrunner!! A lock!! She can't lose!!
Hillary 2016 = Frontrunner!! A lock!! She can't lose!!
Hillary 2017 = loser of 2016 primaries??

:lol:

Well, let's look at that.

The Democrats had three strong candidates in 2008- Hillary, Obama and John Edwards. Edwards self-destructed, leaving Hillary and Obama.

Hillary did make a number of tactical errors. She didn't have a plan past Super Tuesday, allowing Obama to lap her.

However, she did get more votes than Obama did. Some of them didn't count because the states she won jumped the line in primaries, but it was the Superdelegates that put Obama over the top.

Two things did her in. First was her inability to read how much the base HATED the Iraq war and her part in making it happen. Obama said the Iraq War was a terrible idea when it wasn't cool to say so yet.

Second- a lot of Democrats would have been happy with either, but concluded that with Hillary, they'd be going through eight more years of the GOP batshit crazy "Who Killed Vince Foster" nonsense, and thought they could avoid that with Obama.

Obviously, they forgot how crazy and racist the GOP base is.

A lot will come out I'm sure but if their candidate is Ted Cruz or one of those idiots, it will be boring.

I personally appreciate his views on privacy and foreign intervention.

However?

He's way too "state's rights" and all that comes with that.

That will lose him most Americans that live outside the south, and close of half that do.

I personally appreciate his views on privacy and foreign intervention.

However?

He's way too "state's rights" and all that comes with that.

That will lose him most Americans that live outside the south, and close of half that do.

I want to see how he does in the primaries. Hillary has some different views on issues like amnesty, she got herself into trouble with her point that they should be allowed driver's licenses. Whatever the topic, you can expect some heated and original discussion.

Not so with Teaparty talking points.

Hillary 2006 = Frontrunner!! A lock!! She can't lose!!
Hillary 2007 = Frontrunner!! A lock!! She can't lose!!
Hillary 2008 = Frontrunner!! A lock!! She can't lose!!
Hillary 2009 = loser of 2008 primaries.

Hillary 2014 = Frontrunner!! A lock!!! She can't lose!!
Hillary 2015 = Frontrunner!! A lock!! She can't lose!!
Hillary 2016 = Frontrunner!! A lock!! She can't lose!!
Hillary 2017 = loser of 2016 primaries??

:lol:

Hillary lost by a hair to the future President

Save us from your drama. She does get to run against a Republican you know

She lost to a no name pol with no experience and excess melanin. She will lose again to Deval Patrick, who will be Obama's choice.

She won the popular vote in 2008, she just lost a couple key races in some states that sent her behind in the delegate count.

rasmussen-logo.gif

Paul, Carson Are Now Hillary?s Closest GOP Challengers - Rasmussen Reports?

Release date: June 23, 2014
1,000 LV, MoE = +/-3.0

Hillary Clinton (D): 46
Rand Paul (R): 39
margin: Clinton +7

Hillary Clinton (D): 46
Ben Carson (R): 38
margin: Clinton +8

Hillary Clinton (D): 47
Marco Rubio (R): 36
margin: Clinton +11

Hillary Clinton (D): 50
Ted Cruz (R): 37
margin: Clinton +13

Chris Christie(R): 33
margin: Clinton +14

Hillary Clinton (D): 50
Rick Perry (R): 36

From an earlier Rasmussen poll (03/06/2014):

Jeb Bush (R): 33

What to take away from this?​

Well, it's just one poll, and that is indeed true. So, I won't try to read the future from it, but Rasmussen is anything but a Democratic-friendly outfit.

It is also the very first Rasmussen poll to pit Clinton against a large field of candidates all at once. So, in many ways, this is like the starting-shot for 2016 for Rasmussen. We can start to build a baseline for Rasmussen based on these results as the next two years unfold.

Facts:​

Of the six results from this poll, Hillary wins every match-up, from between +7 and +14 over her prospective GOP challengers. Average: Clinton +11.17%. In two of those match-ups, she wins with an upper-single-digit margin. In the other four match-ups, she wins with landslide double-digit margins and hits the 50-mark twice. This is the first Rasmussen poll ever since the founding of the company in 2003 where I have seen values like this for a Democratic candidate.

All of the margins are outside the MoE. In fact they are outside the MoE doubled as well.

In 2008, 2010 and in 2012, Rasmussen had a provable mathematical bias of +4 to the RIGHT, not to the left, so it is entirely possible that these margins are actually underplaying how strong Clinton actually is when compared to these names. This means that for the vast majority of their end polling, their predictions were at least 4 points off. Now, whether Rasmussen is still using the same methodology as before is anyone's guess, since Rasmussen is one of the only pollsters who refuses to release internals.

Also interesting is that, for the first time I am aware, Ben Carson was polled against Hillary Clinton and he had the second strongest showing, behind Rand Paul.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for the sake of historical accuracy, here is my analysis of the pollsters, post-2012:

Statistikhengst's ELECTORAL POLITICS - 2013 and beyond: The moment of truth: how did the pollsters do?

You can see my analysis of Rasmussen there.

Of the 21 end-polls from Rasmussen, RAS was to the Right from between +2 and +10 in 15 of those end polls. It was to the Left by +1 to +6 in 5 of those polls, and absolutely nailed Pennsylvania with 0 mathematical bias. So, Rasmussen was off to the Right in 3/4 of it's end polling and the intensity of being off was much higher than for the 5 polls where it was off to the Left.

Rasmussen also miscalled 6 of the 12 battleground states. Mathematically, for all states combined, it's mathematical bias was +2.71 to the Right, but for the 12 battlegrounds, it was +4.50 to the Right. In national polling, Rasmussens final poll showed Romney 49 / Obama 48 and since Obama won by +4, this means that Rasmussen was off +5 to the Right in the national polling. No one can, with any credibility, accuse Rasmussen of having a Liberal bias in it's polling.

The point I am making here is that a +14 for Clinton over Perry, for instance, could actually be a +18 in reality.

Again, this is just one poll, but it really sticks out since it is from a very Right-Wing leaning pollster.

More updates on Rasmussen in the future...
It just goes to show that Hillary is LEADING the pack! And whether the poll is from Rasmussen or other ones it still shows her in Strong leads with virtually every one of her potential challengers! That has to be Great news for Hillary and the Democrats!! :D

I'm not the exception, Zander. I was trying to explain her popularity in the 2008 primaries but you just blew all that off.

Hillary may be popular, but she wasn't popular enough to win in 2008. it doesn't matter how close she came, or how many votes she garnered. She lost the nomination to a Jr Senator with ZERO experience who spoke in metaphors....:lol:

I predict she'll lose the 2016 nomination again. (if she even runs)

Obama and his communist friends are laughing at all these polls behind closed doors as they plot their false flag operation to keep him in office beyond 2016. Hillary will be punked again by the Chicago political machine.

Hillary may be popular, but she wasn't popular enough to win in 2008. it doesn't matter how close she came, or how many votes she garnered. She lost the nomination to a Jr Senator with ZERO experience who spoke in metaphors....:lol:

I predict she'll lose the 2016 nomination again. (if she even runs)

Sure, well, that's your opinion. It really doesn't matter anymore than mine would if we were discussing your guys. You are in the minority taking that stance.

Many have left this board in shame after making silly predictions like that.

Obama and his communist friends are laughing at all these polls behind closed doors as they plot their false flag operation to keep him in office beyond 2016. Hillary will be punked again by the Chicago political machine.

And that is what is scaring the living shit out of you guys.

Obama in a third term. :D

Forum List

Back