Surprise! Obama Is Creating More New Jobs Than George W. Bush

Jobs grow with population.

What the OP's meme fails to show is that Obama's economy fails pathetically to keep job growth at the pace of population growth. This is because he hates business, and the feeling is quite mutual.

Bullshit -- the reason for anemic job growth is the first depression since 30s. The depression that was handed to Obama by GWB.

Another reason is obstructionism by GOP, which blocked the Jobs Act and any other measure to stimulate the economy.

Numbers don't lie kids... there it is for all to see. :eusa_clap:

Surprise! Obama Is Creating More New Jobs Than George W. Bush - Yahoo! News

Even President Barack Obama acknowledges that the economy is creating jobs too slowly under his stewardship. Yet Obama can now boast that more jobs have been created during his first term than during that of his predecessor George W. Bush.

When Bush began his first term in January 2001, total nonfarm employment was 132.47 million. When his second term began four years later, it was 132.45 million, or effectively zero job growth.

Obama's first term isn't technically over yet, but so far, employment has risen from 133.56 million in January 2009 to 134.02 million in the latest report, for December 2012. That's a net gain of about 460,000 or 0.3 percent. As paltry as that is, it beats Bush's first-term performance...

Kind of hard to create jobs when virtually everyone is already working. Unemployment was at 5% under Bush and the Repubs.

After Dems took over the government, unemployment soared and has never recovered.

Carry on, dipshit.

Obama plans to EXPAND this government then tax the shit out the people or leave them very little to live on..

they voted for it..

Someone has to fix the catastrophic economic failure President Bush and the private sector got us into. Fixing America's economy is exactly what President Obama is accomplishing, little by little, piece by piece and it is the gov't that is now coming to the rescue just like back in the Wall St/Stock Market Crash of 1929. Big Gov't fixed that too.

Please stop lying to yourself.
The Great Depression started with the crash of '29. Was in full force until 1943 when finally due to and ONLY due to our entry into WW II the economy began to recover.
There was a recession in the early 1920's that government was unable to fix. The economy fixed itself.
In the 1990's the economy again not only fixed itself it was booming. Why? Because Clinton's advisers told him to leave it alone. The private sector did that.
There are certainties.
Certainty. When government interferes with or attempts to manipulate the marketplace, the result is 100% negative.
Certainty. Government cannot tax the people into prosperity.
Certainty. When government confiscates wealth from the people, revenue to the government FALLS.
Certainty. Growth of government results in the shrinking of the private sector.

Obama plans to EXPAND this government then tax the shit out the people or leave them very little to live on..

they voted for it..

Someone has to fix the catastrophic economic failure President Bush and the private sector got us into. Fixing America's economy is exactly what President Obama is accomplishing, little by little, piece by piece and it is the gov't that is now coming to the rescue just like back in the Wall St/Stock Market Crash of 1929. Big Gov't fixed that too.

The Great Depression started with the crash of '29. Was in full force until 1943 when finally due to and ONLY due to our entry into WW II the economy began to recover.
There was a recession in the early 1920's that government was unable to fix. The economy fixed itself.
In the 1990's the economy again not only fixed itself it was booming. Why? Because Clinton's advisers told him to leave it alone. The private sector did that.
There are certainties.
Certainty. When government interferes with or attempts to manipulate the marketplace, the result is 100% negative.
Certainty. When government confiscates wealth from the people, revenue to the government FALLS.

Unfortunately, your FACTS are falling on deaf ears here. These lemmings are staunch kook-aid drinkers. They believe, with every fiber of their beings, and, in spite of the facts, that government is the savior of the people.

Why? Now that is the $10,000 question. I simply can't figure these folks out. I'm sure that it has to do with the idea that if they were to admit their fallacy here, they would somehow be admitting that their "boy" is wrong. And you know,we just can't have that, now can we?

Government jobs are far superior to most private sector jobs.

How many Private Sector Jobs does it take to support 1 Government Job, Einstein?

Hmmm, let's see... none!

Fail. What does Government create? Other than dependency, that is? The Constitutional Mandate, was Government by the Consent of the Governed. I know that concept goes back too far for you, but just imagine being able to take a pee without having to ask permission first, or without being watched. Incredible, huh. Put enough Pea Brains together, and what do you get? An angry mob, only too happy to be spoon fed. Government must first take, before it can accomplish anything. I'm not saying that it's all bad, I'm saying that when it abandons reason, and consent, it violates the trust. No mechanism is more important that that which it was created to protect and serve. No method or procedure is of more value than the principle it is here to serve and maintain. Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, is pointless in the end. Yeah, the Bureaucrats may get the life vests and to the life boats before the Women and Children, that's something you should be proud of. ;)

Even President Barack Obama acknowledges that the economy is creating jobs too slowly under his stewardship. Yet Obama can now boast that more jobs have been created during his first term than during that of his predecessor George W. Bush.

When Bush began his first term in January 2001, total nonfarm employment was 132.47 million. When his second term began four years later, it was 132.45 million, or effectively zero job growth.

Obama's first term isn't technically over yet, but so far, employment has risen from 133.56 million in January 2009 to 134.02 million in the latest report, for December 2012. That's a net gain of about 460,000 or 0.3 percent. As paltry as that is, it beats Bush's first-term performance...

Kind of hard to create jobs when virtually everyone is already working. Unemployment was at 5% under Bush and the Repubs.

After Dems took over the government, unemployment soared and has never recovered.

Carry on, dipshit.

Inherited from Clinton and look what Bush and the Republicans did... they fucked the economy majorly by the end of their run.

they voted for it..

There are certainties.

Government can indeed tax the people into prosperity, Clinton proved that and so did Ronald Reagan.

How many Private Sector Jobs does it take to support 1 Government Job, Einstein?

Hmmm, let's see... none!

Fail. What does Government create? Other than dependency, that is? The Constitutional Mandate, was Government by the Consent of the Governed. I know that concept goes back too far for you, but just imagine being able to take a pee without having to ask permission first, or without being watched. Incredible, huh. Put enough Pea Brains together, and what do you get? An angry mob, only too happy to be spoon fed. Government must first take, before it can accomplish anything. I'm not saying that it's all bad, I'm saying that when it abandons reason, and consent, it violates the trust. No mechanism is more important that that which it was created to protect and serve. No method or procedure is of more value than the principle it is here to serve and maintain. Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, is pointless in the end. Yeah, the Bureaucrats may get the life vests and to the life boats before the Women and Children, that's something you should be proud of. ;)

Decades of Corporate greed, spoon-fed and enabled by the Republicans and especially by the George W Bush administration is what led to the crash in 2008 under W.

What the OP's meme fails to show is that Obama's economy fails pathetically to keep job growth at the pace of population growth. This is because he hates business, and the feeling is quite mutual.

Bullshit -- the reason for anemic job growth is the first depression since 30s. The depression that was handed to Obama by GWB.

Another reason is obstructionism by GOP, which blocked the Jobs Act and any other measure to stimulate the economy.

Hey, it happened under the DNC Congress, when they threw out the Republican Budget, and substituted it with their own. That, the Housing Manipulations, The Gas Price Manipulations, sealed the deal. You want Big Government spending, You got it. What exactly do you think shares in the booty of big government spending? Why does GE back Obama? Microsoft? Apple? The Finance Industry? Have you looked at the interest level on your Credit Cards? Who determines that? How are your Savings interest doing? Who controls that? Why the discrepancy? Who is Government protecting again? ;) To what end? Does it even include us? I don't think so.

jobs grow with population.

What the op's meme fails to show is that obama's economy fails pathetically to keep job growth at the pace of population growth. This is because he hates business, and the feeling is quite mutual.

bullshit -- the reason for anemic job growth is the first depression since 30s. The depression that was handed to obama by gwb.

Another reason is obstructionism by gop, which blocked the jobs act and any other measure to stimulate the economy.

hey, it happened under the dnc congress, when they threw out the republican budget, and substituted it with their own. That, the housing manipulations, the gas price manipulations, sealed the deal. You want big government spending, you got it. What exactly do you think shares in the booty of big government spending? Why does ge back obama? Microsoft? Apple? The finance industry? Have you looked at the interest level on your credit cards? Who determines that? How are your savings interest doing? Who controls that? Why the discrepancy? Who is government protecting again? ;) to what end? Does it even include us? I don't think so.

bingo!

Hey, it happened under the DNC Congress, when they threw out the Republican Budget, and substituted it with their own. That, the Housing Manipulations, The Gas Price Manipulations, sealed the deal. You want Big Government spending, You got it. What exactly do you think shares in the booty of big government spending? Why does GE back Obama? Microsoft? Apple? The Finance Industry? Have you looked at the interest level on your Credit Cards? Who determines that? How are your Savings interest doing? Who controls that? Why the discrepancy? Who is Government protecting again? ;) To what end? Does it even include us? I don't think so.

For all the rubbish you have written, you've managed to ask an interesting question about the credit cards. And I can help you with that :)

Answering your first question -- I never looked at the interest my credit cards charge because I never pay any interest on my credit cards. I know it is high, and I know why.

See, the credit card companies know that only financially illiterate people regularly carry a balance. Hence, they also carry a high risk of defaulting on their obligations. So the high interest on credit cards is little more than a risk premium for sub-prime borrowers.

Last edited:

it doesn't include the lie of labor participation rate.

For all the rubbish you have written, you've managed to ask an interesting question about the credit cards. And I can help you with that :)

Answering your first question -- I never looked at the interest my credit cards charge because I never pay any interest on my credit cards. I know it is high, and I know why.

See, the credit card companies know that only financially illiterate people regularly carry a balance. Hence, they also carry a high risk of defaulting on their obligations. So the high interest on credit cards is little more than a risk premium for sub-prime borrowers.

That's funny. I thought the credit card companies were just good capitalists and trying to squeeze the market for every dime they can.

That's why the card rate is jacked up. Because they (credit card issuers) can. And they make a lot of money.

Sub prime risk bull shit. What do you think credit card companies are doing; financing houses?

&$(#$)#! -- the reason for anemic job growth is the first depression since 30s. The depression that was handed to Obama by GWB.

But Bush's economic policies did not cause the 2008-2009 recession. The root cause of the recession was misguided federal intervention in the housing market and federal mishandling of interest rates and the money supply.

From 2000 to 2007, Freddie and Fannie secured or funded over $1 trillion in subprime loans, most of which went to people whose credit would not have qualified them for home ownership in previous years. Those unsound loans were then bundled into the toxic assets that caused the financial crisis, which in turn caused the recession.

Before the federal government began applying pressure on lending institutions to make more subprime loans, such loans were barely 1% of new loans, but by 2007 they were 20% of new loans.

Bush and the Republicans tried 5 times--yes, 5 times--to impose sane regulations on Freddie and Fannie to stop them from their reckless course, but each time Democrats played the race card and the class-warfare card and accused Republicans of trying to keep poor people and minorities from owning homes. You can watch some of those Congressional debates on YouTube, if you have any doubts about this.

As for GOP "obstruction" in blocking the second stimulus bill, the so-called "Jobs Act," good gravy, what about the fact that the first stimulus bill clearly failed? Why would we want to waste more money on failed "stimulus" measures when the first round of "stimulus" spending proved to be a huge waste of money?

The first stimulus bill was rammed through with the excuse that it was desperately needed to keep unemployment from going over 8%. We all know what happened to the unemployment rate after the first stimulus was passed: it went up, not down, and it has stayed near 8% ever since (last month it stood at 7.8%).

The average unemployment rate for Bush's 8 years was below 6%.

Last edited:
Cool Mikey. Bush isn't repsonsible for anything bad and Obama is responsible for everything bad.

That what you are saying?

&$(#$)#! -- the reason for anemic job growth is the first depression since 30s. The depression that was handed to Obama by GWB.

But Bush's economic policies did not cause the 2008-2009 recession. The root cause of the recession was misguided federal intervention in the housing market and federal mishandling of interest rates and the money supply.

From 2000 to 2007, Freddie and Fannie secured or funded over $1 trillion in subprime loans, most of which went to people whose credit would not have qualified them for home ownership in previous years. Those unsound loans were then bundled into the toxic assets that caused the financial crisis, which in turn caused the recession.

Before the federal government began applying pressure on lending institutions to make more subprime loans, such loans were barely 1% of new loans, but by 2007 they were 20% of new loans.

Bush and the Republicans tried 5 times--yes, 5 times--to impose sane regulations on Freddie and Fannie to stop them from their reckless course, but each time Democrats played the race card and the class-warfare card and accused Republicans of trying to keep poor people and minorities from owning homes. You can watch some of those Congressional debates on YouTube, if you have any doubts about this.

As for GOP "obstruction" in blocking the second stimulus bill, the so-called "Jobs Act," good gravy, what about the fact that the first stimulus bill clearly failed? Why would we want to waste more money on failed "stimulus" measures when the first round of "stimulus" spending proved to be a huge waste of money?

The first stimulus bill was rammed through with the excuse that it was desperately needed to keep unemployment from going over 8%. We all know what happened to the unemployment rate after the first stimulus was passed: it went up, not down, and it has stayed near 8% ever since (last month it stood at 7.8%).

btw mikey your bull shit about the sub prime mess has been debunked so many times that it is painful to read your ignorance.

Cool Mikey. Bush isn't repsonsible for anything bad and Obama is responsible for everything bad.

That what you are saying?

Nope. I'm saying that Bush tried 5 times to stop Freddie and Fannie's reckless housing policy. Freddie and Fannie funded or secured over $1 trillion in subprime loans, and those were the loans that were bundled into the toxic assets that wrecked the economy. Every time Bush tried to reform Freddie and Fannie, the Dems played the race card and the class-warfare card and accused the GOP of trying to keep poor people and minorities from owning homes.

Bush was responsible for a lot of bad stuff, but the recession is not one of them.

btw mikey your B.S. about the sub prime mess has been debunked so many times that it is painful to read your ignorance.

No, it has not been "debunked." It has been falsely denied. The facts of the matter are crystal clear. All those subprime loans that were bundled into toxic assets didn't just magically out of thin air. Subprime loans didn't go from being less than 1% of new home loans to being 20% of new home loans because of the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny. Educate yourself:

The Real Culprits In This Meltdown

Would the Last Honest Reporter Please Turn On the Lights?

Let The Inquisition Start With Frank

The Culprit Is All of Us

Blame Fannie Mae and Congress For the Credit Mess

Stop Covering Up And Kill The CRA

The Government Did It

The Financial Crisis and the CRA

The CRA Scam and Its Defenders

Last edited:
Hmmm, let's see... none!

Decades of Corporate greed, spoon-fed and enabled by the Republicans and especially by the George W Bush administration is what led to the crash in 2008 under W.

Pat liberal response generated by spoon fed talking points.
What happens in the private sector has nothing to do with government spending. The two are mutually exclusive.
Government seeks to tax for the sole purpose of gaining power.

Forum List

Back