Surplus swells as Gov. Jerry Brown's last budget grows to $199 billion

Maybe Call can start funding it's unfunded public debt that's nearing a trillion bucks.

Lol
If anyone knows about unfunded debt, it's the GOP.

Look at what they did after Bush became president.. Then they had all those tax cuts for the rich and not only handed Obama debt, they took away his revenue source.

Then Trump comes along and we have trillions in extra debt in just a year.

Do Republicans stumble from one disaster to the next or is it a plot to take down this country?

A $17 billion dollar reserve fund. That is more than the total budget per year of each of half of the other 50 states.

It’s called over taxation

An economy that went from 8th largest in the world the last few years to 5th largest in the world. Call it what you like capitalism burns brightest in California. Texas makes a half ass attempt to keep up but they can't. Nobody can. Russia tries but they can't keep up with California either.

And if 'all these people are leaving California' why does the economy continue to roar?

It's ok, if you don't like CA then stay out. Leaves the beach less cluttered for the rest of us.

Who posted the stupid article about plastic bags the grocers charge $0.10 to buy. You know the Chinese are making these bags; which males Two Scoops tremendouse happy.

What a dumb article about the Orange County Republic stronghold.

Skipped the part about Cali being in massive debt didn't ya loon?
How much is Brown paying you?

Red States suck compared to California. No payment required.

The Southern Red States are great at fvcking their own people and I'm not just talking about their incest problem! :113:

"Simple Christian Fundie People are easily manipulated. Now watch me do the Sexy Muslim War Dance with my Saudi friends."
\
tenor.gif

A $17 billion dollar reserve fund. That is more than the total budget per year of each of half of the other 50 states.

An economy that went from 8th largest in the world the last few years to 5th largest in the world. Call it what you like capitalism burns brightest in California. Texas makes a half ass attempt to keep up but they can't. Nobody can. Russia tries but they can't keep up with California either.

And if 'all these people are leaving California' why does the economy continue to roar?

It's ok, if you don't like CA then stay out. Leaves the beach less cluttered for the rest of us.

I'll play along.
You boast about Mexifornia's grand success....This is so confusing...what exactly does it mean to you?
How does GDP translate for 2/3's of the population?
Does it mean that so long as Silicon Valley and Hollyweird is kicking ass no one really cares that the rest of the state is living like filthy human cockroaches? I mean, I thought "you people" hated inequality....no? But, but, but....this is different...right....but, but, but GDP!
Allow this to sink in:
CA=12% of the national population...33% of the nations welfare recipients
CA=20.6% of residents live in poverty, the highest rate in the nation
CA=Home to more illegals than any other state...coincidence?
CA=Home to more incarcerated than any other state
CA=Home to more homeless than any other state
Mexifornia just won the prize for the state offering the worst quality of life.

Brown is keeping the American Dream alive! The World agrees!

It’s quite fascinating that you would brag about Mexifornia’s surplus of cash reserves.
This can only be achieved through over taxation. I’m sure you’re a super productive positive contributing taxpayer because all taxpayers love to pay more taxes than they should.
You kinda exposed yourself bud, I just pointed out your idiocy.

Remember, California keeps the Weak Whyte poor alive with the taxes we pay to balance your own state budgets. Be greatful that we have fine Christian Values!

BrokeLoser, post: 20002515
It’s quite fascinating that you would brag about Mexifornia’s surplus of cash reserves.
This can only be achieved through over taxation. I’m sure you’re a super productive positive contributing taxpayer because all taxpayers love to pay more taxes than they should.

You attack a donor state for being financially conservative and responsible in order to maintain its services during a recession.

So California won’t have to come crawling to the Federal Government the next time right wing tax cuts for the rich create another round of massive recession and unemployment losses like the one Bush gave us in 2008.

Governor Brown’s California blows the entire GOP trickle down economics theory to smitherines.

I am a financially conservative American. We own two homes (near DC) One, by paid off mortgage, and the second bought with cash starting with nothing 19 years ago.

We have a very strong rainy day fund mentality and unlike your beloved Trumpo we had to work for all we have.

We live a fun lifestyle as well. Just got back to work agtet ten days in the South of France.

More of that is needed in America than this Republican low low low taxes and bail outs for the next recession for the Trumpo rich crap.

Last edited:
Dont Taz Me Bro, post: 20002339

It’s called balancing capitalism with state government fiscal responsibility coupled with providing services for all its citizens instead of providing an easier path to increased wealth for the most economically advantaged citizens as a political priority.

Tale of fairies.

Brought to you by Bullshit Brown.

With regard to proud blue state California the bullshit is all Trumposhit who said, "To be honest, I inherited a mess. It's a mess. Jobs are pouring out of the country." He is also often claiming that regulations are "crushing our economy."

Not so in California, and that bothers you why?

Just one of many reasons I left for New Mexico after more than 30 years in California. I grew up there, went to school there, had and raised my kids there... until I'd had too much. Finally reach a point where my wife and I looked at each other and said, "Anywhere but here."

Just one of many reasons I left for New Mexico after more than 30 years in California. I grew up there, went to school there, had and raised my kids there... until I'd had too much. Finally reach a point where my wife and I looked at each other and said, "Anywhere but here."

Good of you to move from a top ranked donor state to a top ranked leech state.

. What the resulting map shows is that the most “dependent states,” as measured by the composite score, are Mississippi and New Mexico, each of which gets back about $3 in federal spending for every dollar they send to the federal treasury in taxes. Alabama and Louisiana are close behind.

2018’s Most & Least Federally Dependent States

Enjoy your Federal welfare to your state paid for by us hardworking taxpayers in the donor states.

You picked the number one leech state in the nation. I wouldn’t brag about it, And stop whining about California’s tax policy.

California drives 20 percent oh Anerica’s GDP.

. What the resulting map shows is that the most “dependent states,” as measured by the composite score, are Mississippi and New Mexico, each of which gets back about $3 in federal spending for every dollar they send to the federal treasury in taxes. Alabama and Louisiana are close behind.

Enjoy your Federal welfare to your state paid for by us hardworking taxpayers in the donor states.

You picked the number one leech state in the nation. I wouldn’t brag about it,

I'm not bragging about anything.

I'm not bragging about anything.

Sorry. I see it as bragging. You are smart for leaving a high tax state to move to a lower tax Federally dependent state.

You replied to a comment about high taxes in California.

SassyIrishLass, post: 20001969
Funny thread and reveals demoquacks ate utterly clueless on budgets, finances and debt/surpluses

How in the hell does it prove that?

I highlighted an important line in this report.

“In 2009, as the last recession took hold, California state revenue fell 19 percent, versus 8 percent for state revenues nationwide, according to Moody’s Analytics.

There has been a strong rebound since then, but the gains are unlikely to last.

That is because California’s government relies on a heavily progressive income tax that generates most of its revenue from a relatively small number of wealthy taxpayers whose incomes are erratic”

Boom and Gloom: An Economic Warning for California

Governor Brown is demonstrating an exemplary understanding of ‘budgets, finances and debt/surpluses’ for his state.

You so/called fiscal conservatives need to get your head out of your asses and take note of Brown’s call for fiscal responsibility,

A progressively high tax state leads the nationwide economic boom during stable economic growth and seeks to prepare for evonomic recession.

What is wrong with that?

Last edited:
SassyIrishLass, post: 20001969
Funny thread and reveals demoquacks ate utterly clueless on budgets, finances and debt/surpluses

How in the hell does it prove that?

I highlighted an important line in this report.

“In 2009, as the last recession took hold, California state revenue fell 19 percent, versus 8 percent for state revenues nationwide, according to Moody’s Analytics.

There has been a strong rebound since then, but the gains are unlikely to last.

That is because California’s government relies on a heavily progressive income tax that generates most of its revenue from a relatively small number of wealthy taxpayers whose incomes are erratic”

Boom and Gloom: An Economic Warning for California

Foo Foo Foo, if you have a trillion in debt it's not possible to have a surplus.

Silly leftists

You picked the number one leech state in the nation. I wouldn’t brag about it, And stop whining about California’s tax policy.

California drives 20 percent oh Anerica’s GDP.

Coming core libtard stats...New Mexico has the Los Alamos lab..guess who funds it?

Forum List

Back