Supreme Court to rule on gay marriage bans

First off a Muslim wouldn't go to a christian baker. Second there is nothing in the bible that says interracial marriage is a sin....So as normal you point is bullshit. Stop trying to act like being a homosexual is like being black! Black people dont have a choice about their skin color!

Sure they would. You advertise you make wedding cakes, you're going to get all faiths, races, creeds, etc. You can't refuse service to any of those and there IS biblical justification for all of it if you look.

Race and sexual orientation are both immutable traits...but it's the bigots and the discrimination that are actually being compared.
Listen idiot you can refuse service based on your faith....Just like a Jew wouldn't cater a Nazi wedding. Yes I am likening the homosexual mafia who is suing people like this to Nazi. Grow the fuck up and find another baker like adult would! Sin is NOT a civil right.
that would mean so much more, if those of that point of view had to take morals tests and eschew drug tests for at-will employment purposes.

There is no appeal to ignorance of accommodation laws on a for-profit basis by Merchants in Commerce, not Religion.
NO one is telling you not to be sinful. There are people who are saying they are NOT going to help you or celebrate that sin with you. GROW UP!
are you going to practice what you preach in public venues or are you just projecting, Person on the Right.

There is no appeal to ignorance of accommodation laws on a for-profit basis by Merchants in Commerce, not Religion.
Since when does someone have to give up God because they own a business?

Tell that to the baker who is might have to pay $130,000 for telling a homosexual fascist that they didn't want to cater their ceremony....They have a RIGHT to refuse service on religious beliefs according to the first amendment ....

The same thing would have happened if they refused to bake an interracial or Muslim couples cake.
First off a Muslim wouldn't go to a christian baker. Second there is nothing in the bible that says interracial marriage is a sin....So as normal you point is bullshit. Stop trying to act like being a homosexual is like being black! Black people dont have a choice about their skin color!

Sure they would. You advertise you make wedding cakes, you're going to get all faiths, races, creeds, etc. You can't refuse service to any of those and there IS biblical justification for all of it if you look.

Race and sexual orientation are both immutable traits...but it's the bigots and the discrimination that are actually being compared.
Listen idiot you can refuse service based on your faith....Just like a Jew wouldn't cater a Nazi wedding. Yes I am likening the homosexual mafia who is suing people like this to Nazi. Grow the fuck up and find another baker like adult would! Sin is NOT a civil right.

No, actually you can't. If you have a religious objection to serving Jews, blacks, the disabled, women, etc...you don't get to use your religion to get out of the laws of this nation.

Grow the fuck up and bake the cake you advertised.
The first amendment proves you wrong.

The same thing would have happened if they refused to bake an interracial or Muslim couples cake.

No, actually you can't. If you have a religious objection to serving Jews, blacks, the disabled, women, etc...you don't get to use your religion to get out of the laws of this nation.

So what laws *wouldn't* the 1st amendment allow you to ignore. Perhaps we'd have an easier time with that list.

I see Syriusly has spammed some important points off the page again, so , I'll pick up where I left off..

#1 Silhouette Leaving USMB US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

#2 Hey Sil, I just when and looked at your private little message board you setup when you say you were leaving. Care to share with the class about how many posts exist on that forum (not counting yours). (HOME)

>>>>
Since you can't debate you personally attack with things that have nothing to do with the subject. Way to show what a scumbag you are

So what laws *wouldn't* the 1st amendment allow you to ignore. Perhaps we'd have an easier time with that list.
Being a homosexual is a choice you make not a civil right and your sin never trumps my constitutional right to practice my faith. So take your fascist ass else where

that would mean so much more, if those of that point of view had to take morals tests and eschew drug tests for at-will employment purposes.

NO one is telling you not to be sinful. There are people who are saying they are NOT going to help you or celebrate that sin with you. GROW UP!
are you going to practice what you preach in public venues or are you just projecting, Person on the Right.

In other words, you are in business for-profit (of lucre), not the subjective value of morals of any given religion.

In other words, you are in business for-profit (of lucre), not the subjective value of morals of any given religion.
Again you show the true fascists is the liberal left. Because I own a business doesn't mean you can tell me what I can practice in religion.

I think you are making it too hard for him- I will facilitate his answer by providing him with a list of laws- he can advise whether Christians can ignore them if they really, really, really think its the right thing to do.

Murder
Kidnapping
Speeding
Zoning
Animal Cruelty laws
Child abuse laws
Child seat belt laws
Trespassing on Private Property
Anti-discrimination laws

Please just indicate which laws with an 'X' that Christians can ignore if they think that is what Jesus wants them to do....

Again you show the true fascists is the liberal left. Because I own a business doesn't mean you can tell me what I can practice in religion.
Only the Right brings up that disingenuous argument. Merchants are in business for Commerce not Religion. If you want to practice what you claim to preach without a morals test on a for-profit basis, then go not-for-profit like any good Firm of Religion.

Being a homosexual is a choice you make not a civil right and your sin never trumps my constitutional right to practice my faith. So take your fascist ass else where

Religion is a choice. So anyone can deny service to any Christian? If not, why not? I mean, this is your standard, not mine. You'll need to explain it to us.

And you completely fled from my question: what laws *wouldn't* the 1st amendment allow you to ignore? If a laws applicability can be ignored if you feel it violates your religion........is there any limit to this wondrous power?

Could you ignore taxes, for example. If not, why not?

Could you ignore speeding laws? If not, why not?

Could you ignore age of consent laws? If not, why not?

Please just indicate which laws with an 'X' that Christians can ignore if they think that is what Jesus wants them to do....

Still making generalizations, aren't we? Why do you have such an animus towards Christians?

You hold Christians to such high standards, but when the situation is reversed and say a gay establishment refuses service to a Christian, you set the bar so low that an ant could step over it.

Murder
Kidnapping
Speeding
Zoning
Animal Cruelty laws
Child abuse laws
Child seat belt laws
Anti-discrimination laws

I don't recall any Christians here making excuses for ignoring these laws, and if anything, you should understand why devout Christians proprietors refuse to participate in homosexual events. But hey, as far as Murdering and Trespassing on private property, what we saw in Baltimore and New York shows liberals like you will make excuses for those who break the law. So one wonders, where do you get off lecturing Christians about the law? Are you willing to hold yourself to those same standards if someone or something you opposed because of your deeply held beliefs comes along and asks you to provide a service for them?

Still making generalizations, aren't we? Why do you have such an animus towards Christians?

You hold Christians to such high standards, but when the situation is reversed and say a gay establishment refuses service to a Christian, you set the bar so low that an ant could step over it.

I am speaking to one Christian who holds that Christians can refuse to obey the laws if they really, really don't agree with them.

Most Christians have no problem with obeying the law- I was asking that poster which laws he thought Christians were exempt from.

Do you think Christians are exempt from the law if they really, really, don't agree with them?

What about Jews? Muslims? Buddhists?

I think you are making it too hard for him- I will facilitate his answer by providing him with a list of laws- he can advise whether Christians can ignore them if they really, really, really think its the right thing to do.

Murder
Kidnapping
Speeding
Zoning
Animal Cruelty laws
Child abuse laws
Child seat belt laws
Anti-discrimination laws

None of which is in a religion . you sick progressives really need to grow up.

Murder
Kidnapping
Speeding
Zoning
Animal Cruelty laws
Child abuse laws
Child seat belt laws
Anti-discrimination laws

No, what's sick is how you and many others on the right seek to deny gay Americans their civil right simply because of who they are.

I am speaking to one Christian who holds that Christians can refuse to obey the laws if they really, really don't agree with them.

Most Christians have no problem with obeying the law- I was asking that poster which laws he thought Christians were exempt from.

Do you think Christians are exempt from the law if they really, really, don't agree with them?

What if a community in Iowa where pigs are raised a great deal, decided to pass a local law that said all citizens who aren't allergic to pork, must eat pork at least once a week to show their civic devotion to their mainstay and town's name? Just for instance, hypothetically.

A jew who refused to abide by that law would be in his rights. Would he not?

Denying participation in gay marriage isn't a statement about a race. It's a statement about BEHAVIORS. "I don't want to eat pork" ...where "to eat" is a verb, not a noun. "I don't want to support people who identify with a lifestyle where they have sex with the same gender".....where "they have sex with the same gender" is an action, a verb, not a noun. In contrast African Americans or First Nation People are not verbs. They are nouns. Please learn the legal difference. The equivalent is if bulimics got together and organized to force restaurant owners to place vomit urns on every table, because to not do so was "hurtful and discriminatory to bulimic Americans!". Bulimia, like homosexuality, is a stubborn habitual behavior that once learned is very difficult to change. And youngsters often pass on the bad habit socially by teaching/learning/observation of peer behaviors.

Gays claim homosexuality is innate, intrinsic. They have not demonstrated this. And in fact a vast source of knowledge from some of the most credible institutions suggests that homosexuality is learned, and worse considering this particular question of law, may actually be passed on socially:

The little ole' Mayo Clinic, 2007:

One of the most obvious examples of an environmental factor that increases the chances of an individual becoming an offender is if he or she were sexually abused as a child. This relationship is known as the “victim-to-abuser cycle”or “abused-abusers phenomena.”5,23,24,46......
why the “abused abusers phenomena” occurs: identification with the aggressor, in which the abused child is trying to gain a new identity by becoming the abuser; an imprinted sexual arousal pattern established by early abuse; early abuse leading to hypersexual behavior; or a form of social learning took place http://www.drrichardhall.com/Articles/pedophiles.pdf

And...the shabby source called "The CDC"..

ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta... Drug Use among Gay Men Pervasive by Worcester Sharon - Clinical Psychiatry News Vol. 33 Issue 2 February 2005 Online Research Library Questia

LGBT professional bloggers/spammers would say instead we must listen to the latest lavendar "CQR" "excellence" being pumped out of the rainbow-propaganda machine, erstwhile known as "The American Psychological Association", right?

Legal discussion:

Since objecting to participate in supporting so-called "gay marriage" isn't an affront to life or limb of the the "victims" of such a "crime", then there's the gold standard of law when it comes to rightful and lawful discrimination against BEHAVIORS (verb) but not race (noun). Hurting people's feelings by practicing free speech and freedom of religion is not against the law. It may hurt homosexuals' feelings to be reminded that their behaviors aren't universally and blindly accepted/acceptable and promoted, but that isn't a crime. I'll just end this here by saying that children are watching what we approve of and what we don't, and making decisions in their own learning/habituating experiences based on what is modeled before them.

Last edited:

Murder
Kidnapping
Speeding
Zoning
Animal Cruelty laws
Child abuse laws
Child seat belt laws
Anti-discrimination laws

Says who? And the old testament certainly has all sorts of commandments to kill people. I mean, there's zero prohibitions in the Bible on selling cake. Yet some have interpreted up the prohibition. Demonstrating elegantly that 'what is in a religion' is in the eye of the beholder. There are plenty of Christians that are gay. Plenty that perform gay marriages. Plenty that attend gay marriages. Plenty that sell to gays.

A handful don't. Either God keeps changing His mind on the matter. Or religion is hopelessly subjective and interpretative.

And its on this subjective, interpretative basis that you're demanding that someone be able to ignore laws. I've asked you which laws couldn't be ignored because of religion. And you have no answer. The answer is simple: if a person's own subjective faith is the standard of law, then they can ignore ANY law they wish.

Which is essentially a religiously based Sovereign Citizen argument.. Where Christians are arguing that generally applicable laws violate the 1st amendment if a Christian feels they violate their religion.

What if a community in Iowa where pigs are raised a great deal, decided to pass a local law that said all citizens who aren't allergic to pork, must eat pork at least once a week to show their civic devotion to their mainstay and town's name? Just for instance, hypothetically.

Can you show us any such law.....ever?

Any law that mandated a certain food be consumed would fail long before religion came into it. Your 'hypothetical' remains imaginary nonsense for just this reason. There would be no legal basis for it.

There is certainly a legal basis for PA laws: State's unquestioned authority over intrastate commerce. The state can set minimum standards of conduct for those engaged in commerce in its state. Specifically that those engaged in commerce treat their customers fairly and equally.

So your analogy fails about half a dozen times. As you have no basis in law to create such a requirement to 'eat pork'. And one need not fall back on religion to dismantle such a law.

Denying participation in gay marriage isn't a statement about a race. It's a statement about BEHAVIORS.

Religion is a behavior. Meaning that by your own argument, its a valid basis of discrimination. Yet I don't see you arguing that Christians can be discriminated against or denied services simply for being Christian. Despite Christians matching your 'behavior' standard perfectly.

Worse for you, the responsibility of the faithful to find a job that is compatible with their beliefs is on the religious person. Not on society at large. If Steven Young had a religious prohibition against working on Sunday, we didn't move the Superbowl to a Saturday because of it. If your religion conflicts with your job, find a job that doesn't conflict.

Murder
Kidnapping
Speeding
Zoning
Animal Cruelty laws
Child abuse laws
Child seat belt laws
Anti-discrimination laws

Okay- thanks for confirming that Christians cannot ignore anti-discrimination laws.

I actually thought you would be against those, but I guess you have come around and realize that Christians don't have any more 'right' to ignore the law than anyone else.

Forum List

Back