Supreme Court ruling: Carpenter versus the United States.

Funny . Righties talk about protecting our rights, but only seem to care when it’s the 2nd .

That is the closest you've ever been to posting a correct statement.

It's still stupid of course, you don't have the capacity for anything else though.

Another Bush pick who blows up on us....the dick sided with the Barry-Care provision allowing the government to TAX folks who didn't want insurance....Roberts is another Souter, who turned out to be a queer. Rush used to warn newcomers to D.C. to stay away from the cocktail parties....the Rats run them and wear down good men and women with their fairytales and idiocy.

Liberalism is wrong no matter who does it. It is wrong when a citizen votes for Liberals, it is wrong for Liberal politicians and it is wrong for the judges.
We need to replace Kennedy with a strong Conservative because Roberts has taken over the swing vote position.

Another conservative like the 4 we have now. Tax collectors for the welfare state and supporters of the police state. No thanks.

I actually have to side with the moonbats on this.

Although I am disappointed that Roberts sided with the Liberals on any issue I agree with you on this one.

The reason we have warrants and layers of protection is so that sociopaths like Mueller, Stozk, Page, Comey Et Al. can not just start prosecuting (or persecuting) people without regards to their rights.

In this rare instance where the bed wetters seek to restrain government, and it not being in favor of some jihadist or commie bomb thrower, I have no problem supporting their point of view.

Where were those advocates for privacy rights when the IRS was punishing political enemies and the Hussein administration was monitoring a political candidate by using bogus evidence to get a FISA warrant?

Another Bush pick who blows up on us....the dick sided with the Barry-Care provision allowing the government to TAX folks who didn't want insurance....Roberts is another Souter, who turned out to be a queer. Rush used to warn newcomers to D.C. to stay away from the cocktail parties....the Rats run them and wear down good men and women with their fairytales and idiocy.

Liberalism is wrong no matter who does it. It is wrong when a citizen votes for Liberals, it is wrong for Liberal politicians and it is wrong for the judges.
We need to replace Kennedy with a strong Conservative because Roberts has taken over the swing vote position.

Another conservative like the 4 we have now. Tax collectors for the welfare state and supporters of the police state. No thanks.

Excellent point.

The real message is that you can't trust the Democratic process to establish leaders that will look after your best interest. Judges can take away your liberty the same as some stupid politicians catering to the special interest groups that elected him/her.

Washington (CNN)The Supreme Court on Friday said the government generally needs a warrant if it wants to track an individual's location through cell phone records over an extended period of time.

The ruling is a major victory for advocates of increased privacy rights who argued more protections were needed when it comes to the government obtaining information from a third party such as a cell phone company.
The 5-4 opinion in Carpenter v. United States, was written by conservative Chief Justice John Roberts siding with the four most liberal justices.
It is a loss for the Justice Department, which had argued that an individual has diminished privacy rights when it comes to information that has been voluntarily shared with someone else.

The opinion, which was limited to cell-site location data, continues a recent trend at the court to boost privacy rights in the digital era and clarifies court precedent as it applies to data held by a third party.

Well ed, lookee that! We agree. Hell is even now freezing over. :laugh:
See Billy it's not so bad joining Liberal justices......Finally ,,non partisanship

I like how instead of just saying I agree with the decision -- conservatives have to give a 4 paragraph dissertation about how much they hate liberals first

Roberts voted on the right side on this issue as well as the internet sales tax. I would keep Roberts and impeach the so-called conservatives. They support a police state.
Can Thomas be first to go?

Funny . Righties talk about protecting our rights, but only seem to care when it’s the 2nd .

Yep, for as much as they cry about freedom and liberty they never miss an opportunity to lick the boots of authority.

Sure hope terrorists aren't using cell phones that the law won't allow to be hacked.

Why don’t we just suspend the entire constitution and then you don’t have to wet your bed at night worrying about Muslim men with long beards

Sure hope terrorists aren't using cell phones that the law won't allow to be hacked.

Why don’t we just spend the entire constitution and then you don’t have to wet your bed at night worrying about Muslim men with long beards

You obviously aren't worried about it. But I'd bet the dead in San Bernardino would have loved to have known what was coming

Oh and you can wet your bed when you piss yourself with joy over the ruling.

Why don’t we just spend the entire constitution and then you don’t have to wet your bed at night worrying about Muslim men with long beards

You obviously aren't worried about it. But I'd bet the dead in San Bernardino would have loved to have known what was coming

I am pleased with the ruling as should be every freedom loving American. You may want to look in the mirror and ask yourself why you are not.

Where were those advocates for privacy rights when the IRS was punishing political enemies and the Hussein administration was monitoring a political candidate by using bogus evidence to get a FISA warrant?

Lol! That never happened . In fact those 501c groups CANT be political enemies of obama by the very definition of the tax exemption.

I am pleased with the ruling as should be every freedom loving American. You may want to look in the mirror and ask yourself why you are not.

Oh I am pleased with our free life style but I am also realist enough to know there are many out there who would love to do us harm.

Oh I am pleased with our free life style but I am also realist enough to know there are many out there who would love to do us harm.

That doesn’t mean we infringe upon the freedoms of the majority. Conservatives would be giddy at the prospect of giving up most of their rights under the guise of security. You do it with domestic law enforcement all of the time

Doesn’t matter. Apple is upgrading security on all IPhones with ios12 to deal with law enforcements ability to unlock phones. If you’re a terrorist just buy a new IPhone or wait until the ios12 release later this year.

Washington (CNN)The Supreme Court on Friday said the government generally needs a warrant if it wants to track an individual's location through cell phone records over an extended period of time.

The ruling is a major victory for advocates of increased privacy rights who argued more protections were needed when it comes to the government obtaining information from a third party such as a cell phone company.
The 5-4 opinion in Carpenter v. United States, was written by conservative Chief Justice John Roberts siding with the four most liberal justices.
It is a loss for the Justice Department, which had argued that an individual has diminished privacy rights when it comes to information that has been voluntarily shared with someone else.

The opinion, which was limited to cell-site location data, continues a recent trend at the court to boost privacy rights in the digital era and clarifies court precedent as it applies to data held by a third party.

Well ed, lookee that! We agree. Hell is even now freezing over. :laugh:
See Billy it's not so bad joining Liberal justices......Finally ,,non partisanship

In this case they are correct. Takes no time at all to get a warrant with cause.

I actually have to side with the moonbats on this.

Although I am disappointed that Roberts sided with the Liberals on any issue I agree with you on this one.

The reason we have warrants and layers of protection is so that sociopaths like Mueller, Stozk, Page, Comey Et Al. can not just start prosecuting (or persecuting) people without regards to their rights.

In this rare instance where the bed wetters seek to restrain government, and it not being in favor of some jihadist or commie bomb thrower, I have no problem supporting their point of view.

[/QUOT

Mueller anticipated this ruling which is why he obtained warrants for the evidence he obtained on the phones
Any evidence he has will stand

Forum List

Back