Support for Third U.S. Political Party Up to 63%

Except in reality, it's not. There is little doubt that when the next election comes 98% of this 63% will still herd themselves into voting R or D. They will ultimately decide that the third party can't win and it's SUPER important that (insert Trump or Biden) doesn't get back into office, so they will choose one and the third party will get 2% of the vote. Hence, the self-fulfilling prophecy continues yet another cycle.

Yup.

I've mostly given up on this, at least for now. If this current nightmare isn't enough for us to add a party, nothing will do it.

We need to fix this system before it kills us.
The System trying to kill us is a feature, not a bug.

Except in reality, it's not. There is little doubt that when the next election comes 98% of this 63% will still herd themselves into voting R or D. They will ultimately decide that the third party can't win and it's SUPER important that (insert Trump or Biden) doesn't get back into office, so they will choose one and the third party will get 2% of the vote. Hence, the self-fulfilling prophecy continues yet another cycle.

The idea of a new party and an actual new party are two different things. One segment of the political landscape would be out in the wilderness for a while. It has to be grass roots or it’ll just be the same old crowd jockeying for power. Nothing will happen until the bending of the knee to big, if not all, donors is a thing of the past

The idea of a new party and an actual new party are two different things. One segment of the political landscape would be out in the wilderness for a while. It has to be grass roots or it’ll just be the same old crowd jockeying for power. Nothing will happen until the bending of the knee to big, if not all, donors is a thing of the past
I don't really care whether we get new parties or not. I just wish people would stop falling for the lesser-of-two-evils fear mongering.

Yup.

I don't really care whether we get new parties or not. I just wish people would stop falling for the lesser-of-two-evils fear mongering.
Human nature isn’t going to change anytime soon. IMO, the best bet is to get begging for dollars out of the system.

Human nature isn’t going to change anytime soon. IMO, the best bet is to get begging for dollars out of the system.
And how do you propose to do that without grossly violating people's rights to speak out, to promote ideas and candidates that are important to them? Is everyone just supposed to remain silent about politics during a campaign?

You are right, Unless some people get together and chose a person who is not a sports TV or movie personality.
Has a known record of coming from the general population And being both smart and has a grasp on the constitution.
Of course the party's will try and destroy him in order to hold party over country.

I've said this for years. Collectively, the American voting populace are imbeciles.
The haughty PANGie (People Are No Good) fallacy in full bloom....."People", that is, except for me and those who think as I do.

One of the litany of reasons I left the LP and dropped out altogether....You fauxbertarians are fucking snobs.

Circular.jpg

Except in reality, it's not. There is little doubt that when the next election comes 98% of this 63% will still herd themselves into voting R or D. They will ultimately decide that the third party can't win

Trump IS that third party, just that like you say, Taz, he realizes that to win, he has to be running under the banner of either R or D.

Forum List

Back