Israel - Hamas Conflict Threatens to Deeply Divide the Democratic Party

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas

It appears that the divide is between the entrenched leadership in the Democratic Party, and it's second most reliable base: College age liberals.

Democratic officials remain overwhelmingly supportive of Israel and President Joe Biden has pledged unwavering support. But a growing portion of the party’s base has come to view Israel as the chief villain in the conflict, a colonial oppressor of Indigenous people, going far beyond the “pro-Israel, pro-peace” vision long espoused by center-left (and often Jewish-led) groups to advocate for a peaceful resolution for both Israelis and Palestinians.

In March, Gallup reported that, for the first time since it began asking the question, Democratic voters are now more sympathetic toward Palestinians than Israelis, with a particularly steep drop in net sympathy for Israelis among young voters.

So long as there are Jews criticizing Israel, those young voters will be impervious to charges of anti-Semitism.

That is very bad news for a party whose incumbent president finds himself unable to decisively distance himself in the polls from his chief rival, who is under several indictments for 91 counts of criminal charges.

If they lose the young college-age voters, they will only have the black voter base to rely on. How long before BLM's support for Hamas and the Palestinians erode that base as well?

It appears that the divide is between the entrenched leadership in the Democratic Party, and it's second most reliable base: College age liberals.

Democratic officials remain overwhelmingly supportive of Israel and President Joe Biden has pledged unwavering support. But a growing portion of the party’s base has come to view Israel as the chief villain in the conflict, a colonial oppressor of Indigenous people, going far beyond the “pro-Israel, pro-peace” vision long espoused by center-left (and often Jewish-led) groups to advocate for a peaceful resolution for both Israelis and Palestinians.

In March, Gallup reported that, for the first time since it began asking the question, Democratic voters are now more sympathetic toward Palestinians than Israelis, with a particularly steep drop in net sympathy for Israelis among young voters.

So long as there are Jews criticizing Israel, those young voters will be impervious to charges of anti-Semitism.

That is very bad news for a party whose incumbent president finds himself unable to decisively distance himself in the polls from his chief rival, who is under several indictments for 91 counts of criminal charges.

If they lose the young college-age voters, they will only have the black voter base to rely on. How long before BLM's support for Hamas and the Palestinians erode that base as well?
Absolute nonsense and a plain garbage post.

I am anything but a college aged person or a lefty&Lib - unlike YOU I posses common sense - history knowledge and a good education - which enables me to differentiate right from wrong. (the latter according to a conservative mindset).

Israel's population has always been a deeply divided society - however being "liberal minded" in majority. Until the 90's when a huge influx of Eastern European and Russian Jews was invited - into Israel. Since then radicals like Netanyahu have managed to gain support and crime has seen a significant rise - whilst deliberately under-funding the Israeli police.

However the previous anti-Netanyahu mass demonstrations in Israel have again proven that the majority of Israelis want peace and therefore oppose in majority a fascist like Israel.

I wish the humans in the ME would get their collective shit together and work for a future of building not destroying, but, then again I wish for that all over da world.

However the previous anti-Netanyahu mass demonstrations in Israel have again proven that the majority of Israelis want peace and therefore oppose in majority a fascist like Israel.
Literally the dumbest post I've seen on USMB, and that is saying a lot.

What is the relevance of a majority of Israelis wanting peace when their neighbor attacks them with genocidal fury?

Or did you mean that they wish to "die peacefully?"

Seymour Flops hopes the Dems divide over Hamas,

No such chance, little buddy. The Hamas fringe is the Dems is a ... fringe.

Forum List

Back