Superbowl 50

Can Wilson give away another Super Bowl?

Russell Wilson has been the most successful 3rd year QB in NFL history. I wouldn't trade him for ANY QB in the league.
Wilson trusted in his coaches and they sucker punched him with the wrong personnel and the wrong play. There was nothing wrong with the pass. That interception was totally on Lockette. At the least he should have batted the ball to the ground but the pussy never got a hand on the ball.
Wilson learned that in such a critical situation he must take on the responsibility to run the play he believes will work the best. No doubt Darrell Bevel has sat down and talked with Wilson and Russell will be encouraged to do his best with the players on the field.

People forget that Wilson was still only in his third year. It normally takes 4-5 yrs to develop a truly well rounded QB in the NFL...and that's the one's that make it that far.

How many mistakes did the great Colin Kapernick make last season? How about the great Cam Newton? This season Wilson will be just that much smarter and better. He has been working on his leg speed in the off season so look for some spectacular runs.

Game on the line....Wilson blew it
Clean pick

Biggest blunder in Superbowl history. Bigger than Garo Yepremian. bigger than Leon Lett

Whatever. I doubt Wilson called the play or demanded he throw the ball to the only receiver on the team with no experience in goal line crossing routes.

Butler flattened Lockette before the ball even arrived. Truth be told that's pass interference. Why it wasn't called is odd. Even within 5 yards of the LOS a DB cannot knock a receiver to the ground to get to an interception.

But if you insist Wilson was the cause of the play going south...fine ..have at it. I don't care anymore. I've looked at the play a hundred times. I don't share your opinion about Wilson having "blundered".

In a critical point in the game....Wilson pulled the trigger
If the pass is not there, throw it away. You have two more downs

Wilson did not see Butler and no, it was not pass interference. Butler had a right to go for the ball and it was Butler who had no experience. Were they trying to exploit the weakest player on the field? If so, they blew it

Biggest blunder in Superbowl history?

Yepremian and Lett cost their teams touchdowns but their teams still won. Wilson cost his team the Superbowl

It's the Redskins year this year I can FEEL IT!!! Yup this is the year! Or... I hope it's the year... Please God just let it be the year for once! :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Not till they change their name or get rid of Snyder

Whichever comes first

Russell Wilson has been the most successful 3rd year QB in NFL history. I wouldn't trade him for ANY QB in the league.
Wilson trusted in his coaches and they sucker punched him with the wrong personnel and the wrong play. There was nothing wrong with the pass. That interception was totally on Lockette. At the least he should have batted the ball to the ground but the pussy never got a hand on the ball.
Wilson learned that in such a critical situation he must take on the responsibility to run the play he believes will work the best. No doubt Darrell Bevel has sat down and talked with Wilson and Russell will be encouraged to do his best with the players on the field.

People forget that Wilson was still only in his third year. It normally takes 4-5 yrs to develop a truly well rounded QB in the NFL...and that's the one's that make it that far.

How many mistakes did the great Colin Kapernick make last season? How about the great Cam Newton? This season Wilson will be just that much smarter and better. He has been working on his leg speed in the off season so look for some spectacular runs.

Clean pick

Biggest blunder in Superbowl history. Bigger than Garo Yepremian. bigger than Leon Lett

Whatever. I doubt Wilson called the play or demanded he throw the ball to the only receiver on the team with no experience in goal line crossing routes.

Butler flattened Lockette before the ball even arrived. Truth be told that's pass interference. Why it wasn't called is odd. Even within 5 yards of the LOS a DB cannot knock a receiver to the ground to get to an interception.

But if you insist Wilson was the cause of the play going south...fine ..have at it. I don't care anymore. I've looked at the play a hundred times. I don't share your opinion about Wilson having "blundered".

Wilson did not see Butler and no, it was not pass interference. Butler had a right to go for the ball and it was Butler who had no experience. Were they trying to exploit the weakest player on the field? If so, they blew it

Yepremian and Lett cost their teams touchdowns but their teams still won. Wilson cost his team the Superbowl

That's probably why the Hawks signed Tarvaris Jackson this week..because Wilson is such a blunderer and a choker. AND to think that friggin midget is asking for 20 million a year. The nerve of him. Wilson should consider himself lucky they even let him wear a Seahawk uniform. I don't see what difference it makes what kind of a throw Wilson made on the one yard line. The Hawks got fabulously lucky with Kearse's catch and Lynch's run to even get in scoring position. The Seahawks didn't even earn their way to a scoring oportunity. It was all luck. Finally lady luck turned her back on the Hawks and Wilson...probably because Russell Wilson is a loser

Clean pick

That's probably why the Hawks signed Tarvaris Jackson this week..because Wilson is such a blunderer and a choker. AND to think that friggin midget is asking for 20 million a year. The nerve of him. Wilson should consider himself lucky they even let him wear a Seahawk uniform. I don't see what difference it makes what kind of a throw Wilson made on the one yard line. The Hawks got fabulously lucky with Kearse's catch and Lynch's run to even get in scoring position. The Seahawks didn't even earn their way to a scoring oportunity. It was all luck. Finally lady luck turned her back on the Hawks and Wilson...probably because Russell Wilson is a loser

The Hawks had a miraculous run to include their historic comeback against Green Bay

No knock on Wilson. He just made a bad decision

Hopefully, it is well behind him

How much is Newton, and Kapernick making this year? $15-$20 plus million?

Wilson only $1.5 million? Is The management team still not sold on Wilson? They sure seem quick to pay everyone else.

Wilson is on the last year of the contract he signed as a rookie. His manager has said publicly that they are willing to honor that contract and play the last year of it at 1.5 million. The Seahawks don't owe Wilson any more than that. If they tear up the current contract and revise it upward to somewhere near 20 million they are just hurting themselves.

Barring Wilson getting a quadriplegic causing accident between now and next spring I don't think anyone doubts Russell Wilson will be one of the highest paid QBs in the league. If he takes the Hawks back to the Super Bowl this season he will probably be the highest paid QB in the NFL. It would be difficult to argue sanely that he isn't worth it.

Wilson is on the last year of the contract he signed as a rookie. His manager has said publicly that they are willing to honor that contract and play the last year of it at 1.5 million. The Seahawks don't owe Wilson any more than that. If they tear up the current contract and revise it upward to somewhere near 20 million they are just hurting themselves.

Barring Wilson getting a quadriplegic causing accident between now and next spring I don't think anyone doubts Russell Wilson will be one of the highest paid QBs in the league. If he takes the Hawks back to the Super Bowl this season he will probably be the highest paid QB in the NFL. It would be difficult to argue sanely that he isn't worth it.

I think his current body of work is enough to justify making him the highest paid QB

Hell, look at what Kaepernick got

It's the Redskins year this year I can FEEL IT!!! Yup this is the year! Or... I hope it's the year... Please God just let it be the year for once! :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Not till they change their name or get rid of Snyder

Whichever comes first
Sometimes I wish they would move them to LA :crybaby:

Sometimes I wish they would move them to LA :crybaby:

I LOVE LA.:banana: at least once a month for the past year I been watching this video.Gives me goosebumps everytime for one obvious reason.:biggrin:

Last edited:
The pass Wilson threw i the SB was a timed thing. He didn't sit back and think should I or shouldn't I? It was snapped he stepped back and threw it. He didn't call the play, and the execution was not poor. They had ran this type of play many times and were successful through the year. It was just a freak thing that happened. The logical thing to do was run Lynch first in my opinion then use a pass option if that didn't work. Only good that really came out of it was that the Patriots showed what classless jerks they are by trashing another team in their victory parade. Seriously who does that?? Those things in my opinion should be fines from the NFL but commish will do nothing. Talk about por sports when they act like that when they win, then we all got to see how they behave when they were found guilty

The pass Wilson threw i the SB was a timed thing. He didn't sit back and think should I or shouldn't I? It was snapped he stepped back and threw it. He didn't call the play, and the execution was not poor. They had ran this type of play many times and were successful through the year. It was just a freak thing that happened. The logical thing to do was run Lynch first in my opinion then use a pass option if that didn't work. Only good that really came out of it was that the Patriots showed what classless jerks they are by trashing another team in their victory parade. Seriously who does that?? Those things in my opinion should be fines from the NFL but commish will do nothing. Talk about por sports when they act like that when they win, then we all got to see how they behave when they were found guilty
even Joe Montana,Bradys idol has come out and said Brady needs to own up to it.:haha:

And Seattle had tons of class. Lynch was an ass all week. You had a Seahawk pretend to shit a ball. So the Hawks show no class either.

New England will repeat, just to shut the haters up......:thup:
I love how you are up to your lame hater apologist arguments again.:biggrin:

funny how i am somehow a hater when being a Chargers fan,I always root for the AFC team to win other than the last two superbowls of course and the fact except for this last one,i ALWAYS rooted for the cheats to win all of their superbowls in the past and partied like crazy doing cartwheels when they beat that phony fraud team in stank louis ESPECIALLY.

Had I known they had to cheat to win it though back then,I would not have been happy about it of course even though it WAS against that phony fraud team in stank louis I ALWAYS have rooted against the last 20 years of course since again,that team in stank louis,is a phony fraud team.:biggrin:

you KNOW i always have rooted against that team the last 20 years.:lol:yet SOMEHOW I hate them for beating that fraud team in stank louis and wanting to see them have an undefeated year that one year and was actually depressed when they lost to the giants cause I badly wanted an undefeated season to happen for them.yet according to you,i hate them.OKAY.:lmao:

Last edited:
And Seattle had tons of class. Lynch was an ass all week. You had a Seahawk pretend to shit a ball. So the Hawks show no class either.
You know the funny thing about that for me is that I go in front of the tv and pretend to pull my pants down just to be funny all the time (especially when the president is on). It was hilarious when he did that for me but you know....I'm just here so I won't get fined. You likely have no idea how much of a catch phrase that is in the Northwest. No one takes what they did seriously. That stuff is all in fun.

You know the funny thing about that for me is that I go in front of the tv and pretend to pull my pants down just to be funny all the time (especially when the president is on). It was hilarious when he did that for me but you know....I'm just here so I won't get fined. You likely have no idea how much of a catch phrase that is in the Northwest. No one takes what they did seriously. That stuff is all in fun.
I guess that passes for humor with some folks

I can sure tell you are a class act, I think you are the
Sat to comment on classy.

Well I'm sure the Patriots take all that and their Super Bowl rings in fun.

I guess that passes for humor with some folks

Well for Seahawk fans, which tells you how classy they are.

Fans don't agree with everything Lunch did but the media criticized Lynch constantly, and for stupid stuff. Fans know that.
We also know Lynch isn't a "desperate has been". Pretty obvious all he needs is his superior athletic ability to win a game.:coffee:

Forum List

Back