Superbowl 50

No, but I do think it is quite amusing that the NFL is abandoning Roman Numerals so that it doesn't have to label the big 5-O as "L".

Any opinions about the Seahawks getting to the big game again this season?
I dont see anybody in the NFC stopping them or the AFC either especially now that the cheatriots will be under the radar now and wont be able to cheat their way this time to get there this year.:biggrin:

I see the Cardinals as huge obstacles, and you can never count the Rams out even if they have a bad year in coming from no where and pulling out a win

I see the Cardinals as huge obstacles, and you can never count the Rams out even if they have a bad year in coming from no where and pulling out a win

Naw the Rams will be so distracted about the move to LA next year that their minds wont be in the games.the players will SAY it wont be a distraction,but it is.It was for the Oilers when they left as it was for the Browns when it was obvious they were leaving,the players didnt have their usual game faces their final years in their city and were not their usual selves then.

Also both teams the rams and eagles are going to both be worse off than before this year with new quarterbacks.Foles is too inconsistant and Bradford probably wont last past the preseason again.lol

I as well thought the cardinals would be a major obstacle for the seahawks as well at first but they are in the same position that the Rams are at quarterback with a brittle QB as well and the one they drafted for the future still needs at least one more year of seasoning.They will make the playoffs getting a lot of their players back from injurys they had from last season but unless palmer surprises everyone and stays healthy the whole year,I dont see them making it past the playoffs.

Last edited:
I had hopes for My Niners, but their off-season has been truly horrible.

Patriots shoo-in for the SB-L*

*Liars and Losers

That's because the moved to Santa Clara. Teams which abandon the location where their loyal fans supported them before they were winners deserve to lose forever.

That's because the moved to Santa Clara. Teams which abandon the location where their loyal fans supported them before they were winners deserve to lose forever.
I don't know about that. I've been a SF fan since 1970.....Not about to stop now.

yeah i hope they never make it back to the superbowl.they sure dont have the same home field advantage anymore,never will because NOW,the people that go to their games out there,are suits.at halftime,they dont come back till the middle of the third quarter now.they are more interested in talking to their business associates.:biggrin:

they dont have the same diehard fans supporting them now,the niners really screwed themselves in the pooch.:biggrin: the year they went to the superbowl a couple years ago,they were still playing in SAN FRAN.first year out of san fran? Looks at the results.:biggrin:

Any opinions about the Seahawks getting to the big game again this season?

Injuries. That is the only thing that can keep the Hawks from making it to SB #50 and destroying any AFC team that shows up.

I think we will see a lot of platooning in the LOB this season to keep the boys fresh for the playoffs. As long as Lynch can take another season of dishing out punishment we should be fine. I saw a stat today where Marshawn ran for extra yards after contact either 120 or 140 times last season and the next closest RB to gain yards after contact was less than 100 times. If Lynch can stay healthy with the addition of Jimmy Graham and this new kid Lockett to give us good field position after KO's and punts, which we certainly DID NOT enjoy last year, we should have shorter fields and more output on offense.

On paper the Hawks are stacked on both sides of the ball this season.

They should remain the #1 defense

Wilson's stats should get a decent bump with Graham but he will still not have the passing numbers of a handful of the best QBs. With his run yardage added to his passing numbers he will still be in the top ten. He was something like #15 last season. I'm looking forward to some progress in Russell's numbers.

It looks like the Hawks aren't going to pay Wilson more the $1.5. That is a huge risk for Wilson.

Can Wilson give away another Super Bowl?

Russell Wilson has been the most successful 3rd year QB in NFL history. I wouldn't trade him for ANY QB in the league.
Wilson trusted in his coaches and they sucker punched him with the wrong personnel and the wrong play. There was nothing wrong with the pass. That interception was totally on Lockette. At the least he should have batted the ball to the ground but the pussy never got a hand on the ball.
Wilson learned that in such a critical situation he must take on the responsibility to run the play he believes will work the best. No doubt Darrell Bevel has sat down and talked with Wilson and Russell will be encouraged to do his best with the players on the field.

People forget that Wilson was still only in his third year. It normally takes 4-5 yrs to develop a truly well rounded QB in the NFL...and that's the one's that make it that far.

How many mistakes did the great Colin Kapernick make last season? How about the great Cam Newton? This season Wilson will be just that much smarter and better. He has been working on his leg speed in the off season so look for some spectacular runs.

Russell Wilson has been the most successful 3rd year QB in NFL history. I wouldn't trade him for ANY QB in the league.
Wilson trusted in his coaches and they sucker punched him with the wrong personnel and the wrong play. There was nothing wrong with the pass. That interception was totally on Lockette. At the least he should have batted the ball to the ground but the pussy never got a hand on the ball.
Wilson learned that in such a critical situation he must take on the responsibility to run the play he believes will work the best. No doubt Darrell Bevel has sat down and talked with Wilson and Russell will be encouraged to do his best with the players on the field.

People forget that Wilson was still only in his third year. It normally takes 4-5 yrs to develop a truly well rounded QB in the NFL...and that's the one's that make it that far.

How many mistakes did the great Colin Kapernick make last season? How about the great Cam Newton? This season Wilson will be just that much smarter and better. He has been working on his leg speed in the off season so look for some spectacular runs.

Game on the line....Wilson blew it
Clean pick

Biggest blunder in Superbowl history. Bigger than Garo Yepremian. bigger than Leon Lett

Game on the line....Wilson blew it
Clean pick

Biggest blunder in Superbowl history. Bigger than Garo Yepremian. bigger than Leon Lett

Whatever. I doubt Wilson called the play or demanded he throw the ball to the only receiver on the team with no experience in goal line crossing routes.

Butler flattened Lockette before the ball even arrived. Truth be told that's pass interference. Why it wasn't called is odd. Even within 5 yards of the LOS a DB cannot knock a receiver to the ground to get to an interception.

But if you insist Wilson was the cause of the play going south...fine ..have at it. I don't care anymore. I've looked at the play a hundred times. I don't share your opinion about Wilson having "blundered".

Forum List

Back