Super Store to stop selling guns and ammo

No one I know buys guns from the big box stores.

You get better deals online

ARMSLIST - Firearms Classifieds
I'm funny about buying things from people I don't know

I much refer to buy new
Me too. I won't even sell a gun to a complete stranger. And if my daughters husband asks me one more time to sell him a gun he won't be welcome here anymore.

I've never sold any of my guns privately

If I want to get rid of one I usually trade it in when I buy a new one

I wouldnt sell any of my firearms to anyone but family and friends.

a few thousand independent gun gunstores is better for gun owners and buyers . In fact one of the strategies of the anti gunners has been to diminish the number of small FFL holders that can order guns for their customers . The more small , independent FFL holders in the USA the better it is for PRO Gun people .

Can sure see where you're coming from. I'll never own a gun but if I had the desire I'd sure feel a lot more comfortable going through a reliable gun store where I'd be more trusting of the knowledge imparted by its owner or sales staff.

JimH52
If the NRA wants people to have rights to guns and ammo,
why not organize a business network and offer insurance?

Cars require either insurance or proof of ability to pay (in states offering that alternative).

Similar to driver's education, tests, licensing and insurance,
why not treat guns with the same degree of responsibility for public safety and costs of any damage?
Because you don't have a God given right to a car.

Yes @Vasator but here
I'm talking about public safety in both cases.

People do have natural rights to defense when enforcing
and following laws, but do not have rights to abuse guns to violate laws
because that would violate the rest of the Bill of Rights the 2nd Amendment is part of.

For right to guns, that's within the Bill of Rights,
ie within the context of defending the laws, right
to security, due process, etc.

It still requires Knowledge and compliance with the laws that
come with armed defense and gun ownership.

Conservatives take this for granted because they
automatically do this, learn and respect and enforce
the other laws the 2nd Amendment is part of.

Do you agree that with rights come responsibilities?
Rush Limbaugh complains that the problem with liberals
is they only teach "rights" but not the "responsibilities" that come with them.

Invoking the right to bear arms comes with
the responsibility for enforcing and defending laws not violating them.

With cars, we REQUIRE people to learn and pass
tests in order to get a driver's license.

With guns we've taken that for granted that
the same people invoking and teaching those rights
are the same ones teaching and enforcing the Constitution in general.

So it's like unwritten laws and process because
it's part of natural laws. But it's a similar process
and principle that in order to invoke rights under
law then you have to be following not violating those laws.

Last edited:
i mean , just shut down the big box stores as regards guns and ammo and gun stuff because Guns ain't popular or respectable after putting the Independents out of business and presto . And then no more gun enthusiast run gun stores . Big box stores are happy selling toilet paper and potato chips but the gun store needs and WANTS to sell GUNS , AMMO , and gun stuff to stay in business 2Penny !! ---------------------- support the local Mom and Pop Gunstore for the health of the Gun industry eh ??

With large chains retreating from gun sales, it'll be easier for fascists to disarm the population.
the places that are stopping are likely not making any real $$$ at it. really, who the hell buys a gun at walmart? ammo maybe but not a gun. just seems strange.

also - as long as you can mail order to an FFL this won't stop a single sale. i just can't picture a gun person going "damn, wal mart stopped selling guns. so much for milk, eggs and a 45"

You trumpeter are funny. I might not see it...but the FL shooting started a real movement. In a few years these kids...the prey of these mass killers...will be voting out all the Repubs who take NRA money. Then some common sense gun laws will be seen.

Just wait and see....BYE!
. Nope, in a couple of years, that will give them enough time to see how the left had them brainwashed, then they will rebel against the left not against the right.

You trumpeter are funny. I might not see it...but the FL shooting started a real movement. In a few years these kids...the prey of these mass killers...will be voting out all the Repubs who take NRA money. Then some common sense gun laws will be seen.

. Nope, in a couple of years, that will give them enough time to see how the left had them brainwashed, then they will rebel against the left not against the right.

Kids are tired if being targets for nuts with guns....they won't forget the NRA checks handed out to Repubs

Kids are tired if being targets for nuts with guns....they won't forget the NRA checks handed out to Repubs
.They won't forget the leftist agenda that put them in harm's way suggesting to them that they take one for the team, and for the PC agenda, and for the deplorable ideals and bullcrap in which the left believes in.

------------------------------------------------ [context eh} not looking to diminish the 17 [was it 17 or 14] that were murdered on that particular day in Florida where the police and 'fbl' fecked up . But realize that in the USA we have 310 million Americans and an unknown number of illegals . And out of that 330 million people 17 [or 14] schoolkids were murdered by a murderous person . [more babies probably drowned in buckets of water and swimming pools] I think that these kids will come to see that they are being orchestrated by 'anti RIGHTS' lefties like YOU JimH .

will they forget the 500,000 people obama allowed to suddenly buy guns again?

Obama DOJ Ordered 500,000 Fugitives Deleted From Background Check Database

already some of these 12 to 20 year old boys [maybe some girls] gotta be thinking , hey , i'm advocating that i want to lose my GUN RIGHTS and i want an AR15 and a Glock JimH.

With large chains retreating from gun sales, it'll be easier for fascists to disarm the population.

No one wants to disarm anyone. More and more retailers will be getting out of the gun business until reasonable gun laws are established.
Lol
All progressives want to disarm America and Eliminate the Second Amendment...
You are kidding anybody

will they forget the 500,000 people obama allowed to suddenly buy guns again?

Obama DOJ Ordered 500,000 Fugitives Deleted From Background Check Database
That’s another reason why Obama is a shit stain, repeat offenders do the majority of violent crime in this country

More frivolous gun laws will not save a single soul, they just empower criminals

I agree. The big box stores were hurting the small gun stores. Now those shops will see a resurgence and people wanting to buy guns will be able to get them from people who actually know about them. You idiots think this is bad for the gun industry but it's the other way around. It is GOOD for the industry.
It will make guns more expensive and a little bit harder to get. Sounds good to me.
It will make it impossible for law-abiding people to get firearms...
Only criminals will have them then

People kill people not firearms, firearms have no control over people. Most people learn that in grade school

Forum List

Back