Super Store to stop selling guns and ammo

Cabelas and others are butchering them out of the market. Smart move. Has nothing to do with the latest massacre with that young man who fell thru every crack in the justice system Obama put out there.

Here's the deal. I walk into a Cabela store vs others I become a customer ready to spend a fortune hunting and fishing princess and am treated as such. The smaller dealers cannot compete with what Cabela or a Bass Pro Shop can offer me or treat me like I'm gold.

While I like Bass Pro,in Texas we go to Academy sports and outdoors.
They beat all comers on the price of firearms.

Looking at it all wrong... This just opens the door up for smaller businesses to prevail... More study might be needed on the breaking the strangle hold on this country by corporations who can be threatened to endanger our rights by with holding product from us.

Sorry, I'm not into bullshitting how bad things are good. There are several consequences of large stores retreating from gun sales. Anti-gun forces will be able to redirect their efforts against smaller stores, stores that have less resources to stand up for their rights. With the large store no longer carrying guns, the general public will see guns less as a mainstream item, and more as a fringe danger. Elimination of some stores from selling guns is a step toward eliminating all guns in the hands of private citizens.
.Well there's that angle too.

Might be best to bring less attention to the guns being sold to good people, and it being placed back into a more proper environment. Big box stores are all about profits, so there could be a lax in proper execution of all things required to purchase a weapon from such a place.

Jim now I understand small fry wanting to just dodge the bullet Pardon the pun lol of regular customers who do not hunt just wanting to get out of the politics of it all.

But that won't stop any of us from buying guns or bullets. This year my husband ) don't tell him :) is going to get the Golden Boy he's always dreamed of. I'm trying on a Silver boy but more important to me I want more black powder.

No one wants to disarm anyone.

annoyed-simon-750x400.jpg

Looking at it all wrong... This just opens the door up for smaller businesses to prevail... More study might be needed on the breaking the strangle hold on this country by corporations who can be threatened to endanger our rights by with holding product from us.

Sorry, I'm not into bullshitting how bad things are good. There are several consequences of large stores retreating from gun sales. Anti-gun forces will be able to redirect their efforts against smaller stores, stores that have less resources to stand up for their rights. With the large store no longer carrying guns, the general public will see guns less as a mainstream item, and more as a fringe danger. Elimination of some stores from selling guns is a step toward eliminating all guns in the hands of private citizens.

NRA

It wouldn't seem that limiting the number of firearms one could own infringes on the right to 'bear' the others.
After all, taxes on firearms are accepted, and that could be interpreted in the extreme as 'infringement'.

Typical authoritarian view...

Yes, authoritarians, like you, don't want the regular people to have guns. You only want the police to have them. That's why it pisses you off no end that we still have them.

And ironically, his gun control measures would mean that "Literally Hitler" Trump would have all of the guns.

You calling trump literally Hitler? Cool

It's hardly a surprise that the sarcasm implicit in "scare quotes" eludes you.

"It's hardly a surprise that the sarcasm implicit in "scare quotes" eludes you."

That's because Jim is another of those Leftists with an IQ of 240 or whatever :rolleyes-41:

SassyIrishLass Hossfly

He struggles....mightily

Cabelas and others are butchering them out of the market. Smart move. Has nothing to do with the latest massacre with that young man who fell thru every crack in the justice system Obama put out there.

Here's the deal. I walk into a Cabela store vs others I become a customer ready to spend a fortune hunting and fishing princess and am treated as such. The smaller dealers cannot compete with what Cabela or a Bass Pro Shop can offer me or treat me like I'm gold.

When I was in Texas I was taken to a Bass Pro in Garland, Texas outside Richardson in Dallas County, they had an excellent collection of boats which I observed, I love boats

With large chains retreating from gun sales, it'll be easier for fascists to disarm the population.
----------------------------------------------- i don't think so . The large chain stores make it more difficult for small independent gun stores to be profitable BProof .

Maybe the sale of guns should be regulated like alcohol...?
So should voting. The Founders never even had a "right to vote" in the Constitution.

I agree. Only those who own property should be allowed to vote.

Yes, authoritarians, like you, don't want the regular people to have guns. You only want the police to have them. That's why it pisses you off no end that we still have them.

And ironically, his gun control measures would mean that "Literally Hitler" Trump would have all of the guns.

That's how statists think....or rather don't think. Either they are completely stupid and simply don't understand where gun control leads, or they have a secret desire to be one of the camp guards.

The NRA is slowly putting the gun industry out of business. It's official, Karma is a bitch.

When I was in Texas I was taken to a Bass Pro in Garland, Texas outside Richardson in Dallas County, they had an excellent collection of boats which I observed, I love boats

I could easily drop a 100k in the place. So much Cool shit it boggles the mind!

You calling trump literally Hitler? Cool

It's hardly a surprise that the sarcasm implicit in "scare quotes" eludes you.

"It's hardly a surprise that the sarcasm implicit in "scare quotes" eludes you."

That's because Jim is another of those Leftists with an IQ of 240 or whatever :rolleyes-41:

SassyIrishLass Hossfly

I'll guess "whatever". :)

a few thousand independent gun gunstores is better for gun owners and buyers . In fact one of the strategies of the anti gunners has been to diminish the number of small FFL holders that can order guns for their customers . The more small , independent FFL holders in the USA the better it is for PRO Gun people .

So should voting. The Founders never even had a "right to vote" in the Constitution.

I agree. Only those who own property should be allowed to vote.

That's how statists think....or rather don't think. Either they are completely stupid and simply don't understand where gun control leads, or they have a secret desire to be one of the camp guards.

All Leftists essentially are Statists and they worship at the Altar of The State, they are desperate for political slavery and are unable to conceive of the concept of individual rights which they like to crap on.

No one I know buys guns from the big box stores.

You get better deals online

ARMSLIST - Firearms Classifieds
I'm funny about buying things from people I don't know

I much refer to buy new
Me too. I won't even sell a gun to a complete stranger. And if my daughters husband asks me one more time to sell him a gun he won't be welcome here anymore.

I've never sold any of my guns privately

If I want to get rid of one I usually trade it in when I buy a new one

Forum List

Back