'Summer premium' on childcare hammering parents who work

Working parents are being hit hard with a "summer premium" for childcare.

This can be as high as an extra €640 a month for parents who are both working and have two children in crèche.

'Summer premium' on childcare hammering parents who work - Independent.ie
This is something that I do not understand, Barry. Most of these children have grandparents I would have to believe. At least some of the children have two parents. If there are two parents why can't one work a day job and one work an evening job or graveyard shift? That way the children are raised by their parents without warehousing them into these godless institutions called Daycare. With little background checks how do they know who is watching their child? If there is no chance the parents can find opposite shifts then what about being employed from their home so their schedule is more flexible? If none of that is possible then the grandparents should step up to the plate and care for their grandchildren provided they are good people who can be trusted. (if they were abusive to their own children - cross them off the list as a candidate) Usually grandparents are retired or one works and the other stays at home - they should cherish this time to be with their grandchildren whenever the opportunity comes up! I do not understand why anyone wouldn't leap at the opportunity to care for their own grandchild every chance they get! This makes absolutely no sense to me. That opportunity may never come again.

Why both parents have to work?
Good point. In the case of lower income families they may require two incomes. But I've seen many successful couples who refuse to give up their career because what they can buy is more important to them than what they cannot buy (like their children who were a gift from God and another thing that cannot be bought "time"). They love themselves more than they love their own children. That is why many of them won't give up that high paying job / career. Another thing I have seen - even in the news - stories of children murdered by the nanny who was employed but under payed. Some of these wealthy parents shop for child care like they shop for the best price on Ebay. Never considering that their child is not replaceable and if placed into the wrong hands - the damages done cannot be undone short of a miracle from Jesus Christ. Some of the most damaged people in the world come from the wealthiest families.

Forum List

Back