Suddenly dissent is no longer *patriotic*. Funny how things change...

Oh, so you approve of criminal behavior in the name of *dissent*.

Exactly what crimes do you consider ok, if you agree with the criminals committing them?

Vandalism? Assault? Theft? Burglary? Arson?

Nonviolent resistance to abuse of power is an ethical answer. Martin Luther King and Gandhi proved that principle. There is a point where using nonviolent means, even if it's against the law is justified.

No, it's not justified because vandalism, arson, burglary, destruction of private property sometimes leads to an innocent person being killed. In essence, you're telling us that to further your agenda, some innocent people could be killed but if it advanced your message, it's cool. You people are mind boggling. That's not acceptable.

Non-violent protest means exactly that no violence. Vandalism, arson, burglary, and the destruction of private property which could lead to someone's death are not part of non-violent protest. Why on earth would you think they are? The original poster spoke of Martin Luther King and Gandhi and neither supported any violent activity.

Ooooo its make believe time!

You don't remember how when W was president dissent was "patriotic" and now you don't hear that it's dangerous? Seriously? Are you hard of hearing, or do you just suffer from "selective" hearing?

No I don't. I was listening to the Bush Administration officials talking about the anti-war protesters. They were called a lot of things, "patriotic" was not one of them.

You didn't address my point.

Nope nothing about her having sex. Try again, lonesome Burt.:lol:

And she's planning to use the birth control for...

My favorite part of her testimony was the bimbo who was so embarrassed when she went into a pharmacy and asked for birth control and was told she had to...pay...for it. OMG...

:lmao:

Sorry, I tried to cry, it didn't come out right...

Last edited:
And she was insisting that a Catholic university support her lifestyle by paying for her birth control.

Which is paying for her to have sex.

Rush did get it right. That's the way a prostitute works. Somebody pays for their sexual activity.

She was giving examples of several women who were prescribe birth contol pill for reason other than preventing pregnancy. I don't believe the topic of anyone sex life was brought up during her testemony. She believe that her employer has some responsibility to provide them with that choice in their insurance coverage.

Nope nothing about her having sex. Try again, lonesome Burt.:lol:

And she's planning to use the birth control for...

My favorite part of her testimony was the bimbo who was so embarrassed when she went into a pharmacy and asked for birth control and was told she had to...pay...for it. OMG...

:lmao:

Sorry, I tried to cry, it didn't come out right...

I cried. That's what usually happens when I laugh so hard I choke.

And she was insisting that a Catholic university support her lifestyle by paying for her birth control.

Rush did get it right. That's the way a prostitute works. Somebody pays for their sexual activity.

She was giving examples of several women who were prescribe birth contol pill for reason other than preventing pregnancy. I don't believe the topic of anyone sex life was brought up during her testemony. She believe that her employer has some responsibility to provide them with that choice in their insurance coverage.

Not her employer.
Her school. Her ritzy CATHOLIC school.

You don't remember how when W was president dissent was "patriotic" and now you don't hear that it's dangerous? Seriously? Are you hard of hearing, or do you just suffer from "selective" hearing?

No I don't. I was listening to the Bush Administration officials talking about the anti-war protesters. They were called a lot of things, "patriotic" was not one of them.

You didn't address my point.

Of course I did in my first sentance. No body in the Bush administration was saying that dissent was "patriotic". Quite the opposite.

Not her employer.
Her school. Her ritzy CATHOLIC school.

I stand corrected on that point.

Loyal dissent is opposing Republicans. Disloyal dissent is opposing Democrats.

There is a difference between saying you think a policy is a bad idea, and saying that you wish active harm upon the country because it'll help you win the next election.

I agree, I was being nice. When the left said they supported the troops but then lead every witch hunt against them when W is President and let it go when Obama is, that's wishing active harm upon the country because it will help you win the next election. Republicans as pathetic as they are aren't trying to do harm to the country, but the left's view is the country will be theirs or be destroyed.

You can support the troops without thinking every military adventure dreamed up is a great idea.

As for "will be theirs or be destroyed", both Republican figures in the media and in Congress have said they'd like to have the economy tank if it meant Obama wasn't reelected.

That makes a lot of sense if you think the only purpose of birth control is prevent getting pregnant. Even though it's not marketed this way, using it for period management and for hormonal problems is probably more common.

That makes a lot of sense if you think the only purpose of birth control is prevent getting pregnant. Even though it's not marketed this way, using it for period management and for hormonal problems is probably more common.

No, it's not.

If you're going to make such crapheaded comments, have the courtesy of providing some sort of supporting evidence. Otherwise, just say "I'm going to throw out a completely unsubstantiated crap claim". That way I know that you know you're being a retard, and I won't have to point it out to you.

I agree with the church that they shouldn't have to pay for birth control, but on your point that many young women use birth control for reasons other than sex is def true, and it's another example of a reality that social conservatives aren't in touch with.

Yeah, that was what the whole slut thing was all about.

Getting the church to pay for rare birth control treatments.......

Forum List

Back