Suddenly dissent is no longer *patriotic*. Funny how things change...

And she was insisting that a Catholic university support her lifestyle by paying for her birth control.

Which is paying for her to have sex.

Rush did get it right. That's the way a prostitute works. Somebody pays for their sexual activity.

That makes a lot of sense if you think the only purpose of birth control is prevent getting pregnant. Even though it's not marketed this way, using it for period management and for hormonal problems is probably more common.

No, it's not.

If you're going to make such crapheaded comments, have the courtesy of providing some sort of supporting evidence. Otherwise, just say "I'm going to throw out a completely unsubstantiated crap claim". That way I know that you know you're being a retard, and I won't have to point it out to you.

There are roughly 65 million women in the United States who are of reproductive age. Of those, almost one million take birth control pills solely for therapeutic properties.

Women taking birth control pills for reasons other than contraception » Health Science Center News & Communications - University of Florida

You said that was more than took them for birth control.

Is it?

Nope.

Was that what Fluke was fighting for?

Nope again.

And it has already been determined that the insurance in place would have covered birth control for therapeutic purposes.

So...fail. Nice attempt to change the name of the game after the game has already been lost, though.

That's the number taking them solely for therapeutic purposes. That's not counting the millions more who take the pills for both uses.

And yes, that's exactly what Fluke was fighting for. Listen to her testimony. It was all she talked about. Rush would rather lie though and call her a hooker. Then again, he's been married four times and has no kids. So either all of wife's are whores (using his own standard) or he's impotent. I guess impotence would explain the rage.

No I don't. I was listening to the Bush Administration officials talking about the anti-war protesters. They were called a lot of things, "patriotic" was not one of them.

You didn't address my point.

Of course I did in my first sentance. No body in the Bush administration was saying that dissent was "patriotic". Quite the opposite.

I didn't say anything about the Bush administration, you did.

There is a difference between saying you think a policy is a bad idea, and saying that you wish active harm upon the country because it'll help you win the next election.

I agree, I was being nice. When the left said they supported the troops but then lead every witch hunt against them when W is President and let it go when Obama is, that's wishing active harm upon the country because it will help you win the next election. Republicans as pathetic as they are aren't trying to do harm to the country, but the left's view is the country will be theirs or be destroyed.

You can support the troops without thinking every military adventure dreamed up is a great idea.
No shit Dick Tracy. I oppose the wars but actually do support the troops. And I do it without calling them terrorists (like Kerry), standing with the enemy (Durban et al), assuming they are guilty of any accusation (too many to list).

As for "will be theirs or be destroyed", both Republican figures in the media and in Congress have said they'd like to have the economy tank if it meant Obama wasn't reelected.

Link? You're a liar and an ass.

I agree, I was being nice. When the left said they supported the troops but then lead every witch hunt against them when W is President and let it go when Obama is, that's wishing active harm upon the country because it will help you win the next election. Republicans as pathetic as they are aren't trying to do harm to the country, but the left's view is the country will be theirs or be destroyed.

You can support the troops without thinking every military adventure dreamed up is a great idea.
No shit Dick Tracy. I oppose the wars but actually do support the troops. And I do it without calling them terrorists (like Kerry), standing with the enemy (Durban et al), assuming they are guilty of any accusation (too many to list).

As for "will be theirs or be destroyed", both Republican figures in the media and in Congress have said they'd like to have the economy tank if it meant Obama wasn't reelected.

Link? You're a liar and an ass.

Other than the aforementioned "I hope Obama fails"? Mitch McConnell saying his highest priority as the leader of Republican caucus in the Senate was making sure Obama wasn't reelected. Not making sure people were getting back to work, not any other sort of legislative goal (tax cuts, deregulation). Making sure Obama was a one-term president.

That's the number taking them solely for therapeutic purposes. That's not counting the millions more who take the pills for both uses.

And yes, that's exactly what Fluke was fighting for. Listen to her testimony. It was all she talked about. Rush would rather lie though and call her a hooker. Then again, he's been married four times and has no kids. So either all of wife's are whores (using his own standard) or he's impotent. I guess impotence would explain the rage.

That's the whole idea. Stop any chance of a reasonable discussion. Now it's all about slut, *****, twats and hookers.

You didn't address my point.

Of course I did in my first sentance. No body in the Bush administration was saying that dissent was "patriotic". Quite the opposite.

I didn't say anything about the Bush administration, you did.

Really, I thpought you were kaz, my mistake?

Originally Posted by kaz

You don't remember how when W was president dissent was "patriotic" and now you don't hear that it's dangerous? Seriously? Are you hard of hearing, or do you just suffer from "selective" hearing?

She wanted birth control for people not for therapeutic reasons, but because they are sexually active. The provision of therapeutic birth control was incidental to the whole arguement, and it was determined that therapeutic birth control would most likely be paid by the school's existing insurance.

You're a dupe. Or a liar. Either way, fail.

And she was insisting that a Catholic university support her lifestyle by paying for her birth control.

Which is paying for her to have sex.

Rush did get it right. That's the way a prostitute works. Somebody pays for their sexual activity.

No, she wasn't. You're lying.

No, I'm not, you are.

This is the way progressive propaganda works...you wait for the furor to die down, then you change the story.

Which is what you're doing. A few days have passed, it's sort of moved from the front lines..quick, it's time to pretend it was all completely different from what it actually was!

When the left is not in power, dissent is patriotic.

At the top, it's a different story:

"The left is trying to shut down the opposition. When they were out of power, dissent was patriotic. Now that they are in power, they want to use both the state and intimidation in the public square to shut down opposing views. It goes beyond boycotts to financially intimidate those who disagree with them. Now, the left is showing up at the private homes of American citizens they disagree with to intimidate them, threaten them, harass them, and make them pay for daring to have a different view."

The Left No Longer Finds Dissent Patriotic | RedState

Big kudos for having the kahones to even try to pass this off!!

Wow, the right literally has no shame.

:bsflag::bsflag:

Ooooo its make believe time!

"I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration."
— Hillary Rodham Clinton

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxmpTMGhU0]I Am Sick And Tired - Hillary Clinton - YouTube[/ame]

She wanted birth control for people not for therapeutic reasons, but because they are sexually active. The provision of therapeutic birth control was incidental to the whole arguement, and it was determined that therapeutic birth control would most likely be paid by the school's existing insurance.

You're a dupe. Or a liar. Either way, fail.

Polkie is a twenty-something College boy that knows everything.

Words mean "things"?

Lol.

yes stupid.
Glad YOU find fault with your words.

Communists foisting thier agenda on the people while ignoring thier voicesd when they say NO...could constitute it.

Glad YOU find yourself STUPID.
icon14.gif

Your link is biased and not even worth reading.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the USMB ideological right, where opinion devoid of facts is valued, and…

It's an opinion piece, you retard.

…insults replace intelligent discourse and debate.

With regard to dissent, since the late 60’s, perhaps longer, the right has been overtly hostile to dissent, considering it ‘un-patriotic.’

America: love it or leave it! was the classic response from conservatives during Vietnam, for example, anyone opposed to that war was accused of being ‘un-American.’

And subsequently anyone in dissent concerning American foreign policy or critical of America in general would always be accused by conservatives as ‘blaming America first.’

The facts and evidence of at least the last 45 years clearly documents and proves the innate authoritarianism of conservatives, the right’s propensity to demand conformity, and their efforts to stifle dissent whenever possible.

"We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration."

You betcha. I've dissented with every admin since Reagan. At 74 it makes me PROUD not to fly the flag anymore. I'm a dissenter and proud of it. I do it legally. I do it peacefully. I have taught my kids that this country hates the working class and is built to please the wealthy. America is a Plutocracy. Inarguable except by those who believe in the stupid, garbage so called american dream ta da ta da. Their aint no shining city on a hill, never has been.

Forum List

Back