Stupid Hollywood Lib Opens Up Her Trap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neat, conservatives being offended for Latinos. That's certainly not just politically motivated.

What did the other liberal on the show (who just happens to be hispanic) say?"There's more jobs than that in the country for Latinos and Latinos are not the only people who clean toilets,"

Kelly Osbourne and Donald Trump have one thing in common, they grew up never having to worry about money.

This thread is about Kelly Osborne offensive comment. You are correct in that the other liberals called her out on her offensive comment initially, but later they were happy to provide her with a pass...you don't supposed that is because they are political allies with her, do you?

Please, the thread is about claiming liberals are racists and then using (of all people) Kelly Osbourne as the example of liberalism.

I'm not going to make a broad generalization about libs being racist, but I will make the claim that you do have your share of racists and Kelly Osbourne is an example of that.

Kelly Osbourne is such an obscure reference. Hell, the OP doesn't even bother to mention her name in the title of the thread. They simply say "Stupid Hollywood Lib". Nobody gives a fuck what Kelly Osbourne said or her politics, to hold her up as holding some sort of position on left leaning politics is a sham.

She is what she is - a Hollywood lib. I never pretended she was anything but..

Neat, conservatives being offended for Latinos. That's certainly not just politically motivated.

What did the other liberal on the show (who just happens to be hispanic) say?"There's more jobs than that in the country for Latinos and Latinos are not the only people who clean toilets,"

Kelly Osbourne and Donald Trump have one thing in common, they grew up never having to worry about money.

I'm Latino, and Conservative. Mexico is run by Latinos and they take the same position that Trump is trying to take when it comes to bordering countries sending their unwanted to other countries. Like Trump and Osbourne, some of the wealthiest people in the world are Latinos and grew up not worrying about money. In fact, the wealthiest man in the world is Latino and lives in Mexico.

I'm Latino, and Conservative. Mexico is run by Latinos and they take the same position that Trump is trying to take when it comes to bordering countries sending their unwanted to other countries. Like Trump and Osbourne, some of the wealthiest people in the world are Latinos and grew up not worrying about money. In fact, the wealthiest man in the world is Latino and lives in Mexico.

And?

This thread is about Kelly Osborne offensive comment. You are correct in that the other liberals called her out on her offensive comment initially, but later they were happy to provide her with a pass...you don't supposed that is because they are political allies with her, do you?

Please, the thread is about claiming liberals are racists and then using (of all people) Kelly Osbourne as the example of liberalism.

I'm not going to make a broad generalization about libs being racist, but I will make the claim that you do have your share of racists and Kelly Osbourne is an example of that.

There are plenty of racists in both parties.

Elite Liberals love to pontificate about being for Latinos and Blacks. Check their next Napa Valley event and see the guest list......very blanca.

Do racists feel equally at home in both parties?

And?

&

Kelly Osbourne is such an obscure reference. Hell, the OP doesn't even bother to mention her name in the title of the thread. They simply say "Stupid Hollywood Lib". Nobody gives a fuck what Kelly Osbourne said or her politics, to hold her up as holding some sort of position on left leaning politics is a sham.

She lives about as far away from politics as anyone can. I don't know of any liberals who give two shits what she says. Even though I think she garbled her own message and didn't mean to say that cleaning toilets is all latinos are good for, I don't know any liberals who really care what she was trying to spittle forth.

And?

&

y

Do racists feel equally at home in both parties?

Many of them are of the same cloth. Blue collar workers in big cities tend to be Democrats. Blue collar workers outside of the big cities tend to be Republican. They dislike minorities because they only see the ones who are on government assistance and not contributing much to society. On top of that, it's a hatred that is passed down from one generation to the next. The more educated are less likely to be outright racist, regardless of which party they come from.

Elite Liberals love to pontificate about being for Latinos and Blacks. Check their next Napa Valley event and see the guest list......very blanca.

Double check the GOP my friend.

"Racist" is an overused term. It is often confused with prejudice and stereotype. Every human being exercises some level of prejudice and stereotype which does not equate to racism. Racism is when you look at another person and by their very color, culture, or creed, you believe that they are beneath you.

This thread is about Kelly Osborne's offensive comment, not me. You are correct in that the other liberals called her out on her offensive comment initially, but later they were happy to provide her with a pass...you don't supposed that is because they are political allies with her, do you?
She apologized immediately for her clumsy wording, and wasn't a RWer being ridiculous.

WTH is your ridiculous RW definition of racist?

"Racist" is an overused term. It is often confused with prejudice and stereotype. Every human being exercises some level of prejudice and stereotype which does not equate to racism. Racism is when you look at another person and by their very color, culture, or creed, you believe that they are beneath you.

Speaking of over used

I guess it's OK when conservatives say it.

Some liberals are racists, so are some conservatives. If you believe otherwise, well, you're a fool.

Is Kelly Osborne a racist? I don't know. I don't know what's in her heart. I do know that what she said was offensive to many people from a myriad of countries. I do know that what she said, at its core, is racist. I also know that had Elisabeth Hasselbeck, former hostess on The View, made the same statement she would have been excoriated to the point of, most likely, resigning. Both in the media and on the internet. Why? Because she is a conservative.

Maybe Ms. Osborne is a racist and just doesn't know it, perhaps she's just an elitist who has only ever had Latino maids cleaning up after her. It really doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter because that's not the point of this thread. That you don't know what the point of this thread is doesn't surprise me one iota...

The point of this thread isn't that liberals are racists. The point of this thread is about double standards. Do you know what those are? A double standard is "a rule or principle that is unfairly applied in different ways to different people or groups."

More often than not, in my opinion, the double standard we are discussing in this thread favors the liberal, or someone perceived as liberal...

She lives about as far away from politics as anyone can. I don't know of any liberals who give two shits what she says. Even though I think she garbled her own message and didn't mean to say that cleaning toilets is all latinos are good for, I don't know anyone but liberals who really care what she was trying to spittle forth.

Again, I never claimed she's a power player in democratic circles, but she is on the left, she is a celebrity and she was on national television today promoting her brand of politics. The way I see it she's fair game. Why shouldn't she be?

The party that ended black slavery, fought for black voting rights and black civil rights. Looking over the candidates for President among both parties, the lone Black candidate has aligned himself with the GOP. Democrat Presidential Candidates???....100% white. GOP has Indian Governors in Southern States. How many Indian Governors in Northern States? Yea, I've checked out the GOP. Have you?

This thread is about Kelly Osborne's offensive comment, not me. You are correct in that the other liberals called her out on her offensive comment initially, but later they were happy to provide her with a pass...you don't supposed that is because they are political allies with her, do you?
She apologized immediately for her clumsy wording, and wasn't a RWer being ridiculous.

WTH is your ridiculous RW definition of racist?

The same definition in the dictionary.

Clumsy wording?? So in principle she had a point?

Some liberals are racists, so are some conservatives. If you believe otherwise, well, you're a fool.

Some conservatives are pedophiles as well as liberals, so? There is nothing inherently racist about liberalism. There isn't about conservatism either but the GOP is sure venturing further and further in that direction. The GOP depends on dredging up votes by pandering to racism. Look at the conservatives here, many things have been said about blacks and Hispanics that are entirely racist. But here we are talking about a D list "liberal" hollywood celeb who muddled her words.

Is Kelly Osborne a racist? I don't know. I don't know what's in her heart. I do know that what she said was offensive to many people from a myriad of countries. I do know that what she said, at its core, is racist. I also know that had Elisabeth Hasselbeck, former hostess on The View, made the same statement she would have been excoriated to the point of, most likely, resigning. Both in the media and on the internet. Why? Because she is a conservative.

Defend Elizabeth Hassleback in one of her threads. In the meantime I would say your argument about whether Kelly Osbourne is a racist or not lies with the OP, not me as he made the claim.

Maybe Ms. Osborne is a racist and just doesn't know it, perhaps she's just an elitist who has only ever had Latino maids cleaning up after her. It really doesn't matter.

OK, again, take it up with the OP.

It doesn't matter because that's not the point of this thread. That you don't know what the point of this thread is doesn't surprise me one iota...

The point of this thread isn't that liberals are racists. The point of this thread is about double standards. Do you know what those are? A double standard is "a rule or principle that is unfairly applied in different ways to different people or groups."

More often than not, in my opinion, the double standard we are discussing in this thread favors the liberal, or someone perceived as liberal...

What double standard? She said something stupid, was called out on it and back-pedaled. If only Lizzy would just do that.

The party that ended black slavery, fought for black voting rights and black civil rights. Looking over the candidates for President among both parties, the lone Black candidate has aligned himself with the GOP. Democrat Presidential Candidates???....100% white. GOP has Indian Governors in Southern States. How many Indian Governors in Northern States? Yea, I've checked out the GOP. Have you?

I'm sorry "The North" is not a political party.

She lives about as far away from politics as anyone can. I don't know of any liberals who give two shits what she says. Even though I think she garbled her own message and didn't mean to say that cleaning toilets is all latinos are good for, I don't know anyone but liberals who really care what she was trying to spittle forth.

Again, I never claimed she's a power player in democratic circles, but she is on the left, she is a celebrity and she was on national television today promoting her brand of politics. The way I see it she's fair game. Why shouldn't she be?

She was promoting "her brand of politics" and she got called out for it by a liberal because she said something stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back