Study: GOP tax plan would cost $2.4 trillion

kiwiman127

Comfortably Moderate
Oct 19, 2010
4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
"The outline would reduce federal tax revenue by roughly $2.4 [trillion] over the next decade, nearly the same as under conventional scoring," the Tax Policy Center's Howard Gleckman wrote in a blog post on the matter.

In the second decade, the center added, revenues would fall by $3.4 trillion.

"While the Framework's tax rate cuts would generate new economic activity at first, those growth effects would be washed out in a few years by the effects of higher budget deficits. Because the federal government would have to borrow more to finance the tax cuts, less money would be available for private investment," Gleckman wrote.

So, we already know that Congress voted to add $1.5 trillion to the National Debt. That wasn't figuring in an additional $2.4 trillion shortfall in incoming revenue or another $3.4 trillion shortfall in the next decade.
This is just great, we are already still paying for the tax cuts implemented during the last decade.
Tell me our current crop of alleged conservatives are fiscally conservative and I'll laugh in your face.
taxcuts.jpg

They don't have most of the details in place, and are a long way from having the complete plan.

So how could any "study" have been done on what it "costs"?

I see the Fake News is getting an early start today. :rolleyes-41:

I don't think we should be rewarding companies that are cheating the system and outsourcing. What ever tax plan needs to be American first and aimed towards small businesses to promote growth.

GE and Apple that gets away with paying next to nothing should be force to pay their taxes. These loop holes for these bastards should be closed and the money we get from them should help pay for the tax breaks for loyal American small business. Instead of the poor through medicare and medicaid in which gets fucked currently.

For American first small businesses I'd be ok with dropping the rate some.

They don't have most of the details in place, and are a long way from having the complete plan.

So how could any "study" have been done on what it "costs"?

I see the Fake News is getting an early start today. :rolleyes-41:

Fake news?
The Tax Policy Center, is one of the most respected entities in the US and is frequently consulted by the Dems and GOP.

"The outline would reduce federal tax revenue by roughly $2.4 [trillion] over the next decade, nearly the same as under conventional scoring," the Tax Policy Center's Howard Gleckman wrote in a blog post on the matter.

"While the Framework's tax rate cuts would generate new economic activity at first, those growth effects would be washed out in a few years by the effects of higher budget deficits. Because the federal government would have to borrow more to finance the tax cuts, less money would be available for private investment," Gleckman wrote.

So, we already know that Congress voted to add $1.5 trillion to the National Debt. That wasn't figuring in an additional $2.4 trillion shortfall in incoming revenue or another $3.4 trillion shortfall in the next decade.
This is just great, we are already still paying for the tax cuts implemented during the last decade.
Tell me our current crop of alleged conservatives are fiscally conservative and I'll laugh in your face.View attachment 156992

See how the far left does not understand anything beyond their debunked talking points?

The two biggest tax cuts in history came under Democrat presidents, JFK and Carter,

Tell me our current crop of alleged conservatives are fiscally conservative and I'll laugh in your face.View attachment 156992

See how the far left does not understand anything beyond their debunked talking points?

The two biggest tax cuts in history came under Democrat presidents, JFK and Carter,

now tell everyone what the tax rates were under Kennedy and Carter.

I don't think we should be rewarding companies that are cheating the system and outsourcing. What ever tax plan needs to be American first and aimed towards small businesses to promote growth.

GE and Apple that gets away with paying next to nothing should be force to pay their taxes. These loop holes for these bastards should be closed and the money we get from them should help pay for the tax breaks for loyal American small business. Instead of the poor through medicare and medicaid in which gets fucked currently.

What's funny is this is what for the most part what Trump promised on the campaign trial. Of course, he turns out to be a pro-outsourcing and big business snake.

What's funny is this is what for the most part what Trump promised on the campaign trial. Of course, he turns out to be a pro-outsourcing and big business snake.

Pro ? he's the F'n KING of outsourcing.

Pro ? he's the F'n KING of outsourcing.

Exactly, but he sold a bill of good to his voters that he wasn't. Trump is the greatest liar to ever become president.

Liberals are just too greedy to remove their hand from other people's wallet

And you want something for nothing. You want highways to drive on for nothing, you want defense to defend your freedoms for nothing, you want police for nothing and you want to live in a country with a high quality of life for nothing.

It cost money....It isn't fucking free. Get with it.

Forum List

Back