Students Will Stay After School 20 Minutes Each Day to Make Up For Teacher Sick-Outs

Thank you for screwing the kids Teachers!

Ah....the attitude that School is Punishment. And people wonder why kids don't learn.....:eusa_whistle:

Well, considering that the KIDS were ready willing and able to attend school during the REGULAR hours and it's ONLY because of the teacher's complete disregard for them that they have to now go to school LONGER than normal, yes, I tend to blame the teachers for that.

PS: Nice try at putting words that I didn't say into my mouth....too bad you got caught.
Sorry, but I'm not caught at all....YOU and others here have made it abundantly clear that you believe that a longer school day is some form of punishment and that the students will be pissed. Now....I wonder who puts that kind of attitude into their impressionable minds, that school is bad and staying any longer is really really bad?

Could it be you parents? :eusa_whistle:

I am telling you this from my own experience in the Kansas City Public School system where I went. I am not saying all of them don't care however there is a good lot that just don't want to be bothered.

Then you were DRASTICALLY over generalizing weren't you? I'm sorry YOU had crappy teachers, but you are the EXCEPTION, not the rule.

So most public schools have excellent teachers? LOL Bullshit.:eusa_liar:
Actually they do. They just don't have enough of them and there're not likely to anytime in the near future.

Then you were DRASTICALLY over generalizing weren't you? I'm sorry YOU had crappy teachers, but you are the EXCEPTION, not the rule.

Actually they do. They just don't have enough of them and there're not likely to anytime in the near future.

3000 teachers were let go in Kansas City and half the public schools closed so yeah your right their not likely to get enough of them.

......and, with unions in charge, when there is a lay off of teachers, by union contract they don't lay off the worse teachers and keep the best. Instead it only goes by seniority.

The problem is the bad teachers. The union protects them. Bad teachers are a special interest. They provide money for the demorat coffers. It takes 3-5 years to fire a bad teacher. Do you realize how much money that is?

3000 teachers were let go in Kansas City and half the public schools closed so yeah your right their not likely to get enough of them.

Funny that Detroit closed 50% of the schools and let 50% of the teachers go this year.

But because Detroit is run by all Democrats, no one complained.

The problem is the bad teachers. The union protects them. Bad teachers are a special interest. They provide money for the demorat coffers. It takes 3-5 years to fire a bad teacher. Do you realize how much money that is?

Where did you get that figure?

I hope the selfish Wisconsin teachers are proud of themselves. Look at all the trouble they have caused not only the students but the parents who have to rearrange their schedules due to the difference in times the kids will be in school. Say what you want to say about it, the teachers only care about THEMSELVES and nobody else. If they cared about others, they would not have created this situation and difficulties for everybody else in the name of their own greed. There is a lesson in this for the students too. I hope they have learned to look at the overall picture carefully before they are lead into supporting a cause for someone else that is bound to cause them difficulties in the end. You can bet that the teachers are blaming everybody else except for themselves.

Last edited:

Funny that Detroit closed 50% of the schools and let 50% of the teachers go this year.

That and no one gives a damn about Detroit, thats just the beginning though it will start to happen in other cities like Chicago, Milwaukee, St Louis, Houston etc.

Exactly. The curtain has been pulled back.

Ah....the attitude that School is Punishment. And people wonder why kids don't learn.....:eusa_whistle:

Well, considering that the KIDS were ready willing and able to attend school during the REGULAR hours and it's ONLY because of the teacher's complete disregard for them that they have to now go to school LONGER than normal, yes, I tend to blame the teachers for that.

PS: Nice try at putting words that I didn't say into my mouth....too bad you got caught.
Sorry, but I'm not caught at all....YOU and others here have made it abundantly clear that you believe that a longer school day is some form of punishment and that the students will be pissed. Now....I wonder who puts that kind of attitude into their impressionable minds, that school is bad and staying any longer is really really bad?

typically dishonest retort from you cause you purposefully leave out the more salient points. bad bad bad.. again, why should the kids make up time that the TEACHERS made them miss to score some political points? Can you answer that question?

How many other Professions in America enjoy all Weekends off,Several Weeks of paid Holiday time off,and Entire Summers off? Sure,Teachers could make more money but who in America doesn't feel they deserve more money? Teachers do enjoy some very nice benefits yet all you hear from them is constant bitchin & whining. No other Profession in America complains as much as Teachers do. They're far from being "Slaves." You wouldn't know that if you only listened to them though. Just abolish Teacher Unions from Government and maybe our Public Schools can be salvaged. Things are only going to get worse as long as these Public Unions have so much power. It's time for change.

Can you tell us why they closed half their schools?

typically dishonest retort from you cause you purposefully leave out the more salient points. bad bad bad.. again, why should the kids make up time that the TEACHERS made them miss to score some political points? Can you answer that question?
You continue to show that you (and your impressionable kids) think of more school as a bad thing. No wonder they don't like school...they learn that from their parents....and your attitude spills out onto these boards. You have no respect for the teaching profession, you think of the time in school as punishment....and then you wonder why your kids suck at learning. When you point a finger at the schools and teachers, three fingers are correctly pointing back at you.

I am telling you this from my own experience in the Kansas City Public School system where I went. I am not saying all of them don't care however there is a good lot that just don't want to be bothered.

No, true shit. Most public schools DO have excellent teachers. Bad teachers ARE the exception to the rule and unions don't prevent schools from getting rid of bad teachers, you just have be diligent in documenting poor teacher performance. These rules also help good teachers not be targeted by bad administrators.

You continue to show that you (and your impressionable kids) think of more school as a bad thing. No wonder they don't like school...they learn that from their parents....and your attitude spills out onto these boards. You have no respect for the teaching profession, you think of the time in school as punishment....and then you wonder why your kids suck at learning. When you point a finger at the schools and teachers, three fingers are correctly pointing back at you.

I don't have any kids. Therefore I don't teach them anything you teachers teach the kids and you fail miserably.

No, true shit. Most public schools DO have excellent teachers. Bad teachers ARE the exception to the rule and unions don't prevent schools from getting rid of bad teachers, you just have be diligent in documenting poor teacher performance. These rules also help good teachers not be targeted by bad administrators.

Well our public schools do poorly compared to other industrialized nations so I don't know what the problem is, if there are alot of excellent teachers like you say this shouldn't be the case no?

How many other Professions in America will be enjoying a paid week off for Spring/Easter? Teachers will get to enjoy their paid week off for Spring/Easter Break. Sounds pretty good no? You wouldn't know it listening to Teachers bitch all the time. Everyone wants to make more money so Teachers are not alone on that. But Teachers do get to enjoy benefits no other Professions enjoy. So i'm pretty sick of their constant "Woe is Me" shit. I think more & more Americans are beginning to feel the way i do. So enjoy that paid Easter/Spring Break off Teachers. Most other Americans will be showing up to work.

Forum List

Back