Students Will Stay After School 20 Minutes Each Day to Make Up For Teacher Sick-Outs

TheSeeker

Mar 4, 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Madison students will have up to 20 minutes added to their school day to make up for missed school last month because their teachers were attending protests at the state capitol.

The district received more than 1,000 sick notes, including some from doctors who were handing them out at the Capitol protests.

The UW Health entities that employ the physicians, are investigating of the reported fraud.

Madison.com reported:

Students in the Madison School District will have up to 20 minutes of additional classroom time each day starting Monday to make up for four days canceled last month because teachers were attending protests.

Because no additional days will be added to the calendar, most teachers will not receive additional compensation for that time, district spokesman Ken Syke said.

Madison schools were closed to students Feb. 16-18 and Feb. 21 because a significant number of teachers called in sick to attend protests against a state proposal to limit public employee collective bargaining. Gov. Scott Walker signed it into law Friday.

The School Board reached an agreement with Madison Teachers Inc. over the weekend that allowed the district to set the makeup calendar. The agreement also ensures teachers with unexcused absences will not be paid for those days and that teachers who submitted fraudulent sick notes will be suspended.

The district has not yet released the number of teachers that missed school to work those days. The district received more than 1,000 sick notes, including some from doctors who were handing them out at the Capitol protests, assistant legal counsel Matt Bell said.

So the students are being held over because their teachers are raging liberal moonbats?
The kids will love that.

I wonder if all those kids who headed out of class to go the rallies to "support their teachers" are having some buyer's remorse now.

The Kids always pay. Many Teachers just don't care about them anymore. For many Teachers it's all about their greed and getting Democrats elected. Far too many have brought their greed and politics into the classroom. And now our Public Schools are crumbling. All Cities,Counties,and States should move towards getting rid of Public Unions completely. Unions just don't belong in our Government. Public Teacher Unions are the worst of the worst. They constantly rape the Taxpayer and then bitch about everything at the same time. There should be no Unions in Government. Period,end of story.

The Kids always pay. Many Teachers just don't care about them anymore. For many Teachers it's all about their greed and getting Democrats elected. Far too many have brought their greed and politics into the classroom. And now our Public Schools are crumbling. All Cities,Counties,and States should move towards getting rid of Public Unions completely. Unions just don't belong in our Government. Public Teacher Unions are the worst of the worst. They constantly rape the Taxpayer and then bitch about everything at the same time. There should be no Unions in Government. Period,end of story.

Most public school teachers don't care, as long as the student doesn't bother them they could care less and they will pass the students just so they don't have to see them again, even if they are blatantly failing the class.

Most public school teachers don't care, as long as the student doesn't bother them they could care less and they will pass the students just so they don't have to see them again, even if they are blatantly failing the class.

So you know most teachers do you? You "know" how they feel about their kids? Come on folks, we all know how much money teachers make and you think they aren't in it for their kids? Where does this vilifying of teachers come from?

So you know most teachers do you? You "know" how they feel about their kids? Come on folks, we all know how much money teachers make and you think they aren't in it for their kids? Where does this vilifying of teachers come from?

I am telling you this from my own experience in the Kansas City Public School system where I went. I am not saying all of them don't care however there is a good lot that just don't want to be bothered.

I am telling you this from my own experience in the Kansas City Public School system where I went. I am not saying all of them don't care however there is a good lot that just don't want to be bothered.

Then you were DRASTICALLY over generalizing weren't you? I'm sorry YOU had crappy teachers, but you are the EXCEPTION, not the rule.

In complete agreement.

Where have you been for the last month or so?

Then you were DRASTICALLY over generalizing weren't you? I'm sorry YOU had crappy teachers, but you are the EXCEPTION, not the rule.

So most public schools have excellent teachers? LOL Bullshit.:eusa_liar:

Thank you for screwing the kids Teachers!

Ah....the attitude that School is Punishment. And people wonder why kids don't learn.....:eusa_whistle:

Well, considering that the KIDS were ready willing and able to attend school during the REGULAR hours and it's ONLY because of the teacher's complete disregard for them that they have to now go to school LONGER than normal, yes, I tend to blame the teachers for that.

PS: Nice try at putting words that I didn't say into my mouth....too bad you got caught.

Last edited:
School districts must insure that students have a minimum number of hours of classroom instruction. It's the law. Without this requirement schools can lose accreditation.

It hasn't been about the children for Teacher Unions in a very long time. Teacher Unions are a perfect example of why Unions should not be allowed in Government. They just held an entire State Hostage in Wisconsin. Teacher Unions especially,do a whole lot of whining & complaining while raping the Taxpayers. They bitch & whine more than any other Profession in America. I think most people are just sick of hearing their whining.

Lets see...All Weekends Off,Several Weeks of paid Holiday Time Off,and Entire Summers Off. Oh the horror. Teachers enjoy benefits that no other Professions in America enjoy yet they whine so friggin much. It's gotten to be so old at this point. Just remove all Unions from Government and that will remove most of the problems. I don't want to hear any more bitchin & whining while raping the Taxpayers. That stuff needs to come to an end.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back