Students Will Stay After School 20 Minutes Each Day to Make Up For Teacher Sick-Outs

So most public schools have excellent teachers? LOL Bullshit.:eusa_liar:

No, true shit. Most public schools DO have excellent teachers. Bad teachers ARE the exception to the rule and unions don't prevent schools from getting rid of bad teachers, you just have be diligent in documenting poor teacher performance. These rules also help good teachers not be targeted by bad administrators.

Well our public schools do poorly compared to other industrialized nations so I don't know what the problem is, if there are alot of excellent teachers like you say this shouldn't be the case no?

There are excellent teachers that have to "teach to the test", buy their own schoolroom supplies and are looking at bigger and bigger student to teacher ratios and you want to boil it down to "we are doing poorly compared to other countries so it MUST be the teachers"? Come on...

Last edited:
How many other Professions in America will be enjoying a paid week off for Spring/Easter? Teachers will get to enjoy their paid week off for Spring/Easter Break. Sounds pretty good no? You wouldn't know it listening to Teachers bitch all the time. Everyone wants to make more money so Teachers are not alone on that. But Teachers do get to enjoy benefits no other Professions enjoy. So i'm pretty sick of their constant "Woe is Me" shit. I think more & more Americans are beginning to feel the way i do. So enjoy that paid Easter/Spring Break off Teachers. Most other Americans will be showing up to work.

How many professions have pay as low as a teacher's pay for the level of their eduction? How many professions have to work at home grading papers without pay? How many professions have to purchase their own supplies to perform their duties. I'm tired of the vilification of our nation's educators. If teachers have it SOOOOO good, why aren't people clamoring for the job? :eusa_eh:

How many other Professions in America will be enjoying a paid week off for Spring/Easter? Teachers will get to enjoy their paid week off for Spring/Easter Break. Sounds pretty good no? You wouldn't know it listening to Teachers bitch all the time. Everyone wants to make more money so Teachers are not alone on that. But Teachers do get to enjoy benefits no other Professions enjoy. So i'm pretty sick of their constant "Woe is Me" shit. I think more & more Americans are beginning to feel the way i do. So enjoy that paid Easter/Spring Break off Teachers. Most other Americans will be showing up to work.

How many professions have pay as low as a teacher's pay for the level of their eduction? How many professions have to work at home grading papers without pay? How many professions have to purchase their own supplies to perform their duties. I'm tired of the vilification of our nation's educators. If teachers have it SOOOOO good, why aren't people clamoring for the job? :eusa_eh:

And why are a third gone from teaching in 3 years and half gone in 5 years? What a cushie job that must be for that many to bail.

Teacher Unions have promoted that "Woe is Me" Entitlement attitude for many years. Teachers don't have it nearly as bad as they claim. So they want to make more money? Gee who doesn't? Just take a close look at the benefits they enjoy. No other Professions in America enjoy the kinds of benefits Teachers enjoy. For example,how many workers will be enjoying a fully paid entire Summer off this year? No one but Teachers. So they don't have it so bad. The Teacher Unions just keep on promoting that "Woe is Me" attitude so they can rape the Taxpayers some more and get their Democrats elected. I'm completely sick of their whiny Entitlement attitude. Many other workers in America have it much worse than Teachers. Yet no one whines more than Teachers do. Time to boot the Teacher Unions from our Public Schools. Their time has passed.

Last edited:
No, true shit. Most public schools DO have excellent teachers. Bad teachers ARE the exception to the rule and unions don't prevent schools from getting rid of bad teachers, you just have be diligent in documenting poor teacher performance. These rules also help good teachers not be targeted by bad administrators.

Well our public schools do poorly compared to other industrialized nations so I don't know what the problem is, if there are alot of excellent teachers like you say this shouldn't be the case no?

There are excellent teachers that have to "teach to the test", buy their own schoolroom supplies and are looking at bigger and bigger student to teacher ratios and you want to boil it down to "we are doing poorly compared to other countries so it MUST be the teachers"? Come on...

I didn't say the blame all goes to the teachers but at the same time they must accept some, they are the ones teaching these classes no?

And please spare me the old "We don't have enough supplies" shit. There are several rows of Computers in many classrooms all across this country. That old "We don't even have books & pencils for the poor the kids" shit is so stale & lame. If you have rows of Computers,you have enough cash for books & pencils. That's just more "Woe is Me" Bullshit. And i do blame the Teacher Unions for that mentality. Teachers need to stop all the whining and making excuses. Just shut up and teach. End of story.

I didn't say the blame all goes to the teachers but at the same time they must accept some, they are the ones teaching these classes no?

They are teaching what they are REQUIRED to teach. How do we know it isn't the REQUIREMENTS that are off, not the teaching? Look at a history of SAT scores and they haven't change much over the years and in mathematics have even gone UP.

What do these countries that DO do better than the US have in common? What do they do that we don't do? (I'll give you a hint, it isn't the unions. Finland has STRONG unions and they do better than just about everybody)

why should the kids make up time that the TEACHERS made them miss...

Wisconsin State Legislature
Wisconsin Statute 121.02(1)(f)2.

2. Annually, schedule at least 437 hours of direct pupil instruction in kindergarten, at least 1,050 hours of direct pupil instruction in grades 1 to 6 and at least 1,137 hours of direct pupil instruction in grades 7 to 12. Scheduled hours under this subdivision include recess and time for pupils to transfer between classes but do not include the lunch period.​

That's why the time has to be made up.

>>>>

They are teaching what they are REQUIRED to teach. How do we know it isn't the REQUIREMENTS that are off, not the teaching? Look at a history of SAT scores and they haven't change much over the years and in mathematics have even gone UP.

What do these countries that DO do better than the US have in common? What do they do that we don't do? (I'll give you a hint, it isn't the unions. Finland has STRONG unions and they do better than just about everybody)

So what requirement do you believe need to be changed?

And please spare me the old "We don't have enough supplies" shit. There are several rows of Computers in many classrooms all across this country. That old "We don't even have books & pencils for the poor the kids" shit is so stale & lame. If you have rows of Computers,you have enough cash for books & pencils. That's just more "Woe is Me" Bullshit. And i do blame the Teacher Unions for that mentality. Teachers need to stop all the whining and making excuses. Just shut up and teach. End of story.

What kind of computers? Apple II Es?

1. Those other countries track their kids.

2. They only test the kids on college track, not ALL their kids including special ed like we do.

To start with, we need to stop vilifying teachers and we need to PAY them better. How does Finland keep ending up at the top of the education list? Because they invest in education. They shell out the bucks to hire the TOP graduates. (and did I mention the heavy union influence in Finland so we KNOW unions aren't "the problem" as the right LOVES to claim).

Last edited:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

To start with, we need to stop vilifying teachers and we need to PAY them better. How does Finland keep ending up at the top of the education list? Because they invest in education. They shell out the bucks to hire the TOP graduates. (and did I mention the heavy union influence in Finland so we KNOW unions aren't "the problem" as the right LOVES to claim.

I thought salaries for teachers did go up? so what should the salaries for teachers be? and how will a teachers salary change what goes on in the classroom?

1. Those other countries track their kids.

2. They only test the kids on college track, not ALL their kids including special ed like we do.

3. I've seen an increase in "mainstreaming" over "self contained" Spec Ed classes under NCLB. See under reporting requirements a teacher must be "Highly Qualified" in the subject they are teaching. Now Spec Ed Teachers tend to specialize in dealing with disabilities, so under NCLB suddenly they became responsible for "Content" to be HQ. So I've seen a move to mainstreaming because now there are two teachers in the classroom the "Content" teacher who is the teacher of record and the Spec Ed Teacher. Since the Spec Ed Teacher is not the "Teacher of Record" they only have to qualified within the disability of their students to be HQ.

>>>>

The USA is falling behind more and more every year. The unions have created a corrupt, rotten, maggot infested slush fund for demorat politicians with our money that is meant for education. Time for "change".
It's interestingly, that Wisconsin with it's overpaid teachers and corrupt teachers union is producing kids with the second highest ACT scores in the country.

Best and Worst States: State SAT Scores 2009

The Teacher Unions are even too dumb to update their propaganda. Yea how many years are we going to hear that "We don't have enough money for books & pencils" shit? That stuff is so old & stale. They have enough cash to purchase Thousands of Computers for classrooms all across the country but they don't have enough cash to purchase books & pencils? Yea something just doesn't sound right with that stuff. Public Schools rake in $Billions in Tax Dollars. The money is there. It's not the money. Teachers need to stop with the "Woe is Me" shit and just do their jobs. People are sick of all their whiny excuses. They have a job to do. It's time for them to get to work.

To start with, we need to stop vilifying teachers and we need to PAY them better. How does Finland keep ending up at the top of the education list? Because they invest in education. They shell out the bucks to hire the TOP graduates. (and did I mention the heavy union influence in Finland so we KNOW unions aren't "the problem" as the right LOVES to claim.

I thought salaries for teachers did go up? so what should the salaries for teachers be? and how will a teachers salary change what goes on in the classroom?

Few people are willing to put in the amount of time and education it takes to become a teacher for the PAY teachers receive...which is FAR below what someone of comparable education makes in the private sector. Salaries for teachers should be at the same level or HIGHER than someone in the private sector with a comparable education. Finland recruits their teachers from the top 5-10 percent of graduates from each year. They get the best and brightest to teach in schools...something most countries don't.

I thought salaries for teachers did go up?

Our teachers haven't had a raise for 3-years, however prices have increased for goods and services so purchasing power has actually decreased. As a matter fact each of those years has seen an increase in the employee contribution to health insurance and last year every one in the division took a pay cut.

how will a teachers salary change what goes on in the classroom?

Over the long term when education is considered a desirable field. Then more college students enter the profession. More students means more graduates, more graduates means more applicants. When you have a higher number of applicants as a Principal you have a greater opportunity to hire a well performing individual instead of hiring a person with lower potential just because you have to put a body in the classroom and no one else has applied.

Part of recruiting students into Education Programs in college is the cost benefit of incurring massive amounts of debt** and the economic reaity of paying off that debt after school.

** My daughter is currently a sophomore in college and her bill for tuition, books, room, and board is about $18,000 to $19,000 per year. That's about $72,000-$76,000 at graduation just in principal. Not all loans are interest deferred so add a couple of more thousand to that figure to achieve cost of school/debt ad graduation. And she goes to an in-state State school. At 4% for 10-years that works out to about $87,500.

>>>>

Last edited:

The Teacher Unions are even too dumb to update their propaganda. Yea how many years are we going to hear that "We don't have enough money for books & pencils" shit? That stuff is so old & stale. They have enough cash to purchase Thousands of Computers for classrooms all across the country but they don't have enough cash to purchase books & pencils? Yea something just doesn't sound right with that stuff. Public Schools rake in $Billions in Tax Dollars. The money is there. It's not the money. Teachers need to stop with the "Woe is Me" shit and just do their jobs. People are sick of all their whiny excuses. They have a job to do. It's time for them to get to work.

I've heard the "we don't have enough money for books and pencils" since I was in Grade School.

Forum List

Back