Student denied to hand out Christian themed Valentine’s Day cards on public campus

I'm old enough to remember the Hari Krishnas at the airport and the Moonies who camped out in the park across the street from my office so many years ago. Was this woman just handing out Valentine's cards or was she there to recruit members for her denomination/cult, whatever it is?

Wouldn't have mattered either way. Freedom of speech. Freedom of religion.

Don't like it, cross the street to not hear it. That's also your right.

It's funny how much these snowflakes melt when the words Jesus Christ are said to them. Well not really funny, tragic actually.

`
This happened near me. I heard about it a few weeks ago and it didn't interest me then and still doesn't. ( Northeast Wisconsin Technical College Student Hands Out Lawsuit Over Valentine's Day Cards ) It was a damn stupid move by the college.
But perfectly Constitutional, in no manner violating free speech rights; consequently, the lawsuit has no merit.

And what some might subjectively perceive to be ‘stupid’ is viewed by others as appropriate and warranted.

I'm old enough to remember the Hari Krishnas at the airport and the Moonies who camped out in the park across the street from my office so many years ago. Was this woman just handing out Valentine's cards or was she there to recruit members for her denomination/cult, whatever it is?
It doesn’t matter.

Whatever her motive, she’s required to follow school policy like everyone else.

But perfectly Constitutional, in no manner violating free speech rights; consequently, the lawsuit has no merit.And what some might subjectively perceive to be ‘stupid’ is viewed by others as appropriate and warranted.
`
The words "constitutional" and "stupid" are many times mutually exclusive. Just because a thing is constitutional does not, for example, mean it is moral, intelligent or right. Citizens United is an example of something that has completely corrupted politics. Furthermore, we have common sense. One person handing out Jesus loves you valentines on a public campus is hardly a gross violation of ones constitutional rights. To me, common sense says if it's a one time occurrence, let it go. It was idiotic for the college to pursue this. Now, my tax dollars are wasted on a needless lawsuit which could have been prevented.

Student Sues College After Being Labeled 'Disruptive' For Handing Out Christian-themed Valentines

Violation of the 1st amendment, I think so.

She handed out Christian themed Valentine’s Day cards for free (a tradition she practiced with her late mother), until a campus security guard approached her and told her to stop. Why? Because it was solicitation (which doesn’t make sense because they were free). Later she was told she was disturbing the learning environment, even though this was outside, not in a classroom or library, or anywhere actual learning or studying is expected to happen without disruption. Apparently to excercise your first amendment at some of these “public” universities, one must first ask permission of the university to do so, then are limited to a tiny area to do so, and still have additional restrictions like time limits.

It’s no longer a right if you have to ask permission to do so.
If the college gets any taxpayer money in any fashion, that must let her do as she pleases.

just like the BSA were forced to allow girls in b/c they accept tax money.

It doesn’t matter.

Whatever her motive, she’s required to follow school policy like everyone else.
wrong, the college takes tax money and may not stop her from speaking.

If the college gets any taxpayer money in any fashion, that must let her do as she pleases.just like the BSA were forced to allow girls in b/c they accept tax money.
`
Not necessarily. To quote from my article;

Polly Olsen says giving out handmade, heart-shaped Valentines with Bible verses is a tradition that she's carried on from her late mother. But when she tried to distribute them on campus in February, security officials stopped her, saying that because she was outside the campus "public assembly area," she was violating school policy. In return, Olsen's lawsuit argues the college violated her right to free speech.
`
At issue is a colleges right to limit speech to certain areas of the campus VS the persons allegation of free speech. Public schools have the right to limit speech to certain areas ( School speech (First Amendment) ) per supreme court decisions. As the school sees it, the aggrieved was doing this in the wrong area and asked to cease and desist, which is perfectly legal.

`
This happened near me. I heard about it a few weeks ago and it didn't interest me then and still doesn't. ( Northeast Wisconsin Technical College Student Hands Out Lawsuit Over Valentine's Day Cards ) It was a damn stupid move by the college.
But perfectly Constitutional, in no manner violating free speech rights; consequently, the lawsuit has no merit.

And what some might subjectively perceive to be ‘stupid’ is viewed by others as appropriate and warranted.

I bet if they were Erase Hate or some such bullshit themed valentine cards, that the college would not have had a problem with them.

I really missed that whole part in The Gospels about Jesus handing out Valentines Day cards.

'Please Be Mine'

Yeah; I totally missed that.
IT IS OBVIOUS that you do not get it that in Christianity Jesus does want a way to get people to love him and to BE MINE. You did indeed miss out on a major tenet of the Christian belief. Jesus was all about handing out "Valentines" in the Bible.

Last edited:
I really missed that whole part in The Gospels about Jesus handing out Valentines Day cards.

'Please Be Mine'

The true actual Saint Valentine...

I know this hypocritical joke won't watch this short video, but I hope others will.

He was imprisoned for passing along the Gospel of Jesus.

Also, thank the Lord Jesus Christ there are no stories of him marrying abominations.

Thank the Lord.

It wasn't a lot different from handing out "The Watchtower." I don't get all bent out of shape about it when someone tries to hand me a brochure like that, but it's definitely more than just a friendly little Valentine.

'Please Be Mine'

Not ever
It wasn't a lot different from handing out "The Watchtower." I don't get all bent out of shape about it when someone tries to hand me a brochure like that, but it's definitely more than just a friendly little Valentine.

I never got upset when our local muslims are out there selling their "Final Call" newspaper or selling incense. Everyone is entitled to freedom of religion here in America, even though our Leftard Friends disagree.

I never got upset when our local muslims are out there selling their "Final Call" newspaper or selling incense. Everyone is entitled to freedom of religion here in America, even though our Leftard Friends disagree.
`
Neither do I but the topic here has to do with a public college, it's different.

`
Neither do I but the topic here has to do with a public college, it's different.

The muslims sell their newspapers and incense on public streets

Wouldn't have mattered either way. Freedom of speech. Freedom of religion.

Don't like it, cross the street to not hear it. That's also your right.

It's funny how much these snowflakes melt when the words Jesus Christ are said to them. Well not really funny, tragic actually.
They don't really care about any of that. They exist to put a thumb in the eye of a Christian and they tell each other only white people are Christians. In the end, the true agenda of the left is to install marxist style government which ultimately eradicates Christianity.

Notice how the left celebrate everything muslim? For example, they offered no protest or resistance of any kind when muslim religious foot baths were installed in public schools and airports.

Some U.S. universities install foot baths for Muslim students

When was the last time you saw them attack any muslim country for executing gays or stoning women for being raped?

Instead, they attack Israel, the only ME country that does not do any of those things. Instead they lie about the mythical Palestinian "country."

These same morons did not ever say shit when Egypt or Jordan owned that land. They sure as shit did not say shit nor care what Jordan did to Palestinians on the EAST BANK.

Don't get into debates with them. They are mere possessed pods of the devil and they won't listen to truth. They reject all forms of it.

They reject all forms of truth in their hypocritical, diabolical way.

Student Sues College After Being Labeled 'Disruptive' For Handing Out Christian-themed Valentines

Violation of the 1st amendment, I think so.

She handed out Christian themed Valentine’s Day cards for free (a tradition she practiced with her late mother), until a campus security guard approached her and told her to stop. Why? Because it was solicitation (which doesn’t make sense because they were free). Later she was told she was disturbing the learning environment, even though this was outside, not in a classroom or library, or anywhere actual learning or studying is expected to happen without disruption. Apparently to excercise your first amendment at some of these “public” universities, one must first ask permission of the university to do so, then are limited to a tiny area to do so, and still have additional restrictions like time limits.

It’s no longer a right if you have to ask permission to do so.

A private college can't deny anyone a first amendment right. Only government run places can.

Sure, go try a hand out pro-choice literature at bob jones university.
and? i'm fine with that. i don't have to take it and i certainly don't have to read it. those *are* my choices.

limiting someone else's freedom cause i don't happen to agree? not going to go there. it's a free country and we all need to be a little more tolerant than we are today.

From the OP article:

' On February 14, 2018, Olsen said she walked around campus and handed out valentines that said"Jesus Loves You! Romans 5:8," "You are special! 1 John 4:11," "God is love John 4:11," and "You are loved and cared for! 1 Peter 5:7." '

I despise PC, but this was just Christian, bullshit recruitment...pure and simple. Plus, this was a public college. Church and state are not supposed to mix.

Take your propaganda out to the sidewalk - stupid ass, God Club moron.

And the same goes for ALL major religions.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back