Student denied to hand out Christian themed Valentine’s Day cards on public campus

I despise PC, but this was just Christian, bullshit recruitment...pure and simple.

Recruitment is part of the Christian faith, McR. They are just practicing their religion , a right guaranteed by the 1st Amendment.

In communities that don't permit door to door solicitations, it is illegal to sell encyclopaedias door to door. But if you are keen on Jesus and want to go tell people the good news, its your constitutional right.

From the OP article:

' On February 14, 2018, Olsen said she walked around campus and handed out valentines that said"Jesus Loves You! Romans 5:8," "You are special! 1 John 4:11," "God is love John 4:11," and "You are loved and cared for! 1 Peter 5:7." '

I despise PC, but this was just Christian, bullshit recruitment...pure and simple.

Take your propaganda out to the sidewalk - stupid ass, God Club moron.

And the same goes for ALL major religions.
Aaaand in classic left wing hypocritical fashion, this loser goes to the old......

ALL RELIGIONS narrative.

That js what they do. When some stink bomb brown muslim commits mass murder, these hypocritical losers do one of these things or both.

Either...BUT BUT BUT THE CRUSADES

Or

ALL RELIGIONS.

What you will never ever see them do is attack muslims exclusively. We see them attack Christianity every day EXCLUSIVELY.

They will never ever do that to muslims. Never. They get INCLUSIVE with them. Which, when they do say ALL RELIGIONS they are really actually attacking Christianity.

Don't fall for these losers. I love too how this loser claims he hates PC.

Pathetic hypocrites.

I'm old enough to remember the Hari Krishnas at the airport and the Moonies who camped out in the park across the street from my office so many years ago. Was this woman just handing out Valentine's cards or was she there to recruit members for her denomination/cult, whatever it is?

Wouldn't have mattered either way. Freedom of speech. Freedom of religion.

Don't like it, cross the street to not hear it. That's also your right.

It's funny how much these snowflakes melt when the words Jesus Christ are said to them. Well not really funny, tragic actually.

It's too bad that these morons who are trying to recruit for their cults by referring to "Jesus Christ" don't actually believe in anything he said. They are members of a hoax religion, yet they arrogantly claim to represent the entire Christian faith. Like bitches like jeffress, graham, family research council. They have nothing to do with the Christian faith. They are cult leaders.

From the OP article:

' On February 14, 2018, Olsen said she walked around campus and handed out valentines that said"Jesus Loves You! Romans 5:8," "You are special! 1 John 4:11," "God is love John 4:11," and "You are loved and cared for! 1 Peter 5:7." '

Take your propaganda out to the sidewalk - stupid ass, God Club moron.

And the same goes for ALL major religions.
Aaaand in classic left wing hypocritical fashion, this loser goes to the old......

ALL RELIGIONS narrative.

That js what they do. When some stink bomb brown muslim commits mass murder, these hypocritical losers do one of these things or both.

Either...BUT BUT BUT THE CRUSADES

Or

ALL RELIGIONS.

What you will never ever see them do is attack muslims exclusively. We see them attack Christianity every day EXCLUSIVELY.

They will never ever do that to muslims. Never. They get INCLUSIVE with them. Which, when they do say ALL RELIGIONS they are really actually attacking Christianity.

Don't fall for these losers. I love too how this loser claims he hates PC.

Pathetic hypocrites.
And here we have an attack on other religions because your fav is not allowed to prostelytize under cover of valentine's day?

Why do these freaks feel the need to be outraged ?
Its only tuesday but this is on course to be this weeks faux outrage award winner.

All of this stuff about religion is getting really, really, boring. I've gotten Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses away from the door, without being impolite. No Muslims have come BTW, even though I live in a neighborhood with a lot of Muslims in it and I have Muslim friends. I don't know why people do things like this. Now we've got these "evangelicals" coming around. Yeah, I'll answer the door, but the same thing applies.

The problem is that these "evangelicals" want to accomplish their aims by manipulating government to force their cults on us. No way.

Remember that the orange whore opened his Jerusalem embassy by sending over a Protestant fundie to speak, a guy who actually said, among other things, that Islam is not a religion and who is a member of a misogynist cult.

All of this stuff about religion is getting really, really, boring. I've gotten Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses away from the door, without being impolite. No Muslims have come BTW, even though I live in a neighborhood with a lot of Muslims in it and I have Muslim friends. I don't know why people do things like this. Now we've got these "evangelicals" coming around. Yeah, I'll answer the door, but the same thing applies.

The problem is that these "evangelicals" want to accomplish their aims by manipulating government to force their cults on us. No way.

Remember that the orange whore opened his Jerusalem embassy by sending over a Protestant fundie to speak, a guy who actually said, among other things, that Islam is not a religion and who is a member of a misogynist cult.

Actually, the US Congress voted to put the embassy in Israel in their capital of Jerusalem.

It wasn't Trump.

Traditionally, America prefers to put their embassies in capital cities, and Jerusalem is indeed the capital of Israel. That's where the Knesset meets, that's where their government has its headquarters.

The left in their pathetic way pretending to care that the American Embassy was put in Jerusalem.

What is more pathetic about a loser like Lysistrata?

Pretending to care about the embassy in Jerusalem?

Or

Them thinking they are so smart while being so fucking stupid.?

I really missed that whole part in The Gospels about Jesus handing out Valentines Day cards.

'Please Be Mine'

Yeah; I totally missed that.
IT IS OBVIOUS that you do not get it that in Christianity Jesus does want a way to get people to love him and to BE MINE. You did indeed miss out on a major tenet of the Christian belief. Jesus was all about handing out "Valentines" in the Bible.

Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

I really missed that whole part in The Gospels about Jesus handing out Valentines Day cards.

'Please Be Mine'

Yeah; I totally missed that.
The true actual Saint Valentine...

I know this hypocritical joke won't watch this short video, but I hope others will.

He was imprisoned for passing along the Gospel of Jesus.

Also, thank the Lord Jesus Christ there are no stories of him marrying abominations.

Thank the Lord.

I find it odd you seem to be a proponent of St. Valentine, yet your signature contains the image of & the message from one of the biggest mass murders of the 20th century, Winston Churchill.

NWTC vice president of advancement, Karen Smits, told Campus Reform that "free speech is exercised every day in many different contexts all over the NWTC campus," and that the "policy deals with ‘public assembly' as the law recognizes that, unlike a public park, not all physical areas of educational institutions are open for 'public assembly.'"

Correct.

Time, place, and manner regulations have been consistently upheld by the courts where those regulation are content neutral. And there is no evidence the school’s policy singles-out Christian speech for exclusion.

"The law is very clear here," Mattox said in an interview. "Public colleges can’t tell students when and where they can speak on their own public college campus, and they certainly can’t require them to get advanced permission to speak. It’s a clear violation of the First Amendment, and it is likely the court will end up finding that here."

Wrong.

Like other rights the right to free speech is not absolute and is subject to regulation consistent with First Amendment jurisprudence – it is not a right to say anything, anywhere, at any time.

As long as the school affords students a venue to engage in free speech, the prior approval policy is perfectly Constitutional.
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.”

Just because we’ve ignored the constitution before, does not make it constitutional. Slavery, internment camps, patriot act, DOMA, all of that. I don’t care what justification you want to provide. That’s a clear violation of the text I posted up there.

So, if we’re going off of your argument here...this girl is not allowed to say “Jesus loves you on this Valentine’s Day”, on public grounds, at a public university.

Why is it Christians always run to the government stoop looking for approval?
If you have to first ask permission to do so, and get approval from governmental bodies, it is no longer a right. That’s the whole point here. Her addressing grievances against the government, to the government is also laid out in the first amendment. This is a public university we are talking about here.

If you have to first ask permission to do so, and get approval from governmental bodies, it is no longer a right. That’s the whole point here. Her addressing grievances against the government, to the government is also laid out in the first amendment. This is a public university we are talking about here.

She was clearly proselytising in a public space which has rules governing such actions.

When one of them comes to my door I tell them I'm a Pagan, which I am.

The looks on their faces is priceless.

They seem to not be able to get away from me fast enough. LOL.

I tell them May the Mother Goddess bless you and everyone you love.

They run away in fright.

Last edited:

When one of them comes to my door I tell them I'm a Pagan, which I am.

The looks on their faces is priceless.

They seem to not be able to get away from me as fast as they can. LOL.

I tell them May the Mother Goddess bless you and everyone you love.

They run away in fright.

Brilliant...I'll have to remember that one.

Last edited:

She was clearly proselytising in a public space which has rules governing such actions.
What rules against proselytizing?? The only rules are congress shall make no law regarding the establishment of religion or the free exercise there of.

What you are saying is that she CANNOT talk about religion or any topic on a public campus without that campuses permission. That’s a total violation of the first amendment. There are no laws against proselytizing, I don’t care if your doing so to encourage people to abort babies for Satan, because Satan needs those souls. That’s your freedom to do so.

Im glad I posted this, seeing this much resistance from the left to a single girl passing out encouraging Valentine’s Day cards with a religious theme...yet there’s only crickets from the left (even encouragement) when antifa shows up in the hundreds and even thousands, with weapons, starts riots, blocks highways, vandalizes private and public property, and COMMITS acts of violence against police and other citizens. This is on public campuses, public parks, public areas, private areas, private campuses, pretty much wherever they please. That’s somehow just exercising their free speech...but passing out heart shaped cards with bible versus talking about love isn’t. Proselytizing: BAD, violent riots: just excercising free speech ya know.

What rules against proselytizing?? The only rules are congress shall make no law regarding the establishment of religion or the free exercise there of.

What you are saying is that she CANNOT talk about religion or any topic on a public campus without that campuses permission. That’s a total violation of the first amendment. There are no laws against proselytizing, I don’t care if your doing so to encourage people to abort babies for Satan, because Satan needs those souls. That’s your freedom to do so.

Im glad I posted this, seeing this much resistance from the left to a single girl passing out encouraging Valentine’s Day cards with a religious theme...yet there’s only crickets from the left (even encouragement) when antifa shows up in the hundreds and even thousands, with weapons, starts riots, blocks highways, vandalizes private and public property, and COMMITS acts of violence against police and other citizens. This is on public campuses, public parks, public areas, private areas, private campuses, pretty much wherever they please. That’s somehow just exercising their free speech...but passing out heart shaped cards with bible versus talking about love isn’t. Proselytizing: BAD, violent riots: just excercising free speech ya know.

She wasn't just 'talking' about religion. She was going up to people - whom are minding their own business - and forcing them to pay attention to her message by standing in front of them and asking them to take a pamphlet/card. That is MILES from just sitting/standing in ONE place and talking - at normal volume - about religion.

What if the college let anyone do that? At a college - full of young, idealistic minds with all kinds of different agendas? No one would be able to get to class on time as you could theoretically have hundreds of people jamming pamphlets/cards into people's faces who want nothing to do with the subject.

This is NOTHING to do with free speech. This is forcing people to listen to her message by getting into their faces - mostly against their will, I bet.

I agree with the college 100%. And this stupid bitch ain't gonna croak because she cannot bother of bunch of people with her God Club bullshit.

I strongly assume you disagree and your mind is closed on the issue.

So be it...good day.

Last edited:

The university has clear rules for every organization and their outreach to students on campus. Your single girl violated those policies.

The actions of Antifa and their protests outside of this situation is not germane to this case.

The university has clear rules for every organization and their outreach to students on campus. Your single girl violated those policies.

The actions of Antifa and their protests outside of this situation is not germane to this case.
What are the rules against prosyletizing I asked. That’s what you cited as a violation. This isn’t an organization, it isn’t a sign up booth, it isn’t a protest, she’s not a sales rep, or anything like that. It is a single girl handing out Valentine’s Day cards to passers by. Why is that prohibited?

Forum List

Back