Student Debt Forgiveness?

Catman51

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2020
Is Joe Biden crazy or just stupid?

YHe continues to insist that all pay their fair share of taxes yet he wants to forgive $39 billion in students loans.

As I remember, no one is forced to take a loan, they sign on the line with an agreement to pay it back.

Yet Biden wants to forgive this debt while raising taxes to pay for it. He is just trying to buy votes, again, with his illegal actions.

He tried this before and was shot done by SCOTUS as this being an illegal action.

So back to the original question, is he stupid or just power mad and crazy?

YHe continues to insist that all pay their fair share of taxes yet he wants to forgive $39 billion in students loans.

As I remember, no one is forced to take a loan, they sign on the line with an agreement to pay it back.

Yet Biden wants to forgive this debt while raising taxes to pay for it. He is just trying to buy votes, again, with his illegal actions.

He tried this before and was shot done by SCOTUS as this being an illegal action.

I don’t know, maybe I should go get a government subsidized loan for something, then demand the government forgive that loan, I wonder how that would go….

Oh grow up. The Donald is totally corrupt, ask any engineer, plumber, etc. fixing his building wherein they are behind and never paid the bill.

Lots of those who haven't paid their bill and are working in jobs when the rent/mortgages and have a low income is sad, children who can't pay for college or with health care come first.

[And know, I didn't need a loan, and that was in Public Universities - undergrade and postgraduate]

College graduates make more than the average American.
Maybe they should pay back their loans and then Biden can
impose a new tax on college graduates, to reduce inequality?

The student debt problems could be partially solved by raising the age of majority to 21. In that event, gullible 18 year olds wouldn't be able to sign their lives away to greedy lenders.

The student debt problems could be partially solved by raising the age of majority to 21. In that event, gullible 18 year olds wouldn't be able to sign their lives away to greedy lenders.

The greedy lender is the US government, thanks to Obama.

I paid my debt BACK-----can I get a refund?
How about rescinding the diplomas and all rights and privileges that were bestowed with it--including the increased salaries. Those deadbeats should have to refund to their employers. That makes as much sense as loan forgiveness.

I paid my debt BACK-----can I get a refund?
For Promoting a Slave Market, the Corporations Put Students Under Duress-Loans

That debt bought you a job, taking it away from those it belonged to, based on talent and not sacrifice. The Scrooges wanted submissives and care nothing about giving a natural incentive to the potentially most productive employees.

So, let’s say he gets his loan forgiveness, will they do anything to stop the problem? If not, we will just be here again in a few years.

This student loan forgiveness is probably just going to make college even more expensive, since one of the biggest reasons college is so high now is because of government backing. These colleges know that the government will give loans that are backed by the taxpayer, so they can just charge whatever they want.

He's lying like he always does.

Oh grow up. The Donald is totally corrupt, ask any engineer, plumber, etc. fixing his building wherein they are behind and never paid the bill.

Lots of those who haven't paid their bill and are working in jobs when the rent/mortgages and have a low income is sad, children who can't pay for college or with health care come first.

[And know, I didn't need a loan, and that was in Public Universities - undergrade and postgraduate]
I like yourself did not need a loan either as I stuck with affordable higher education with in-state schools. The problem is that students snd their parents think they are entitled to private elite schools that are three time zones away and they rack up $250k + in student loans that they believe the taxpayer should pick up.

Student loans should be limited to the cost of a 4 year in state price. If a private college wants to make up the difference through aid, that is up to them.

Try sticking to the topic. What you posted has nothing to do with the question, showing that you are merely trying to hijack the conversation. Bad bunny.

I took out a student loan in 1972 for $1,200. Paid it back early. In today's money that would be...more than $1,200. Who gives a shit? I paid it back.

I took out a student loan in 1972 for $1,200. Paid it back early. In today's money that would be...more than $1,200. Who gives a shit? I paid it back.
In over 50 years of adult life I have never taken a loan that was not paid back early. It is good fiscal policy. The result is liquidity and no more need for loans or the attendant interest and fees.

Forum List

Back