Stop the ‘barrel bombs’ in Syria

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Looks like there are Syrians who are aware of these barrel bombs.

TS-Nic6424719.jpg

Smoke billows from the scene of a reported barrel bomb attack in Aleppo on March 5. (Zein Al-Rifai/Agence France-Presse via Getty Images)
By Raed al Saleh March 27

Raed al Saleh is head of the Syrian Civil Defense.

No words can adequately describe what it is like to save a life. It is pure elation to find and rescue a baby from beneath mountains of rubble. But for us the elation never lasts because we are constantly under attack.

In Aleppo, as in many Syrian cities, the sky has become an obsession. Children on street corners stand watching for helicopters. A clear sky in the morning means we must prepare for barrel bombs.

Before the uprising, I was an electrical supplies salesman. Today, I lead the biggest rescue operation in Syria. We are more than 2,000 men and women who volunteer as firefighters, search-and-rescue workers and paramedics. We are nonsectarian, unarmed and neutral, and we have saved more than 15,000 people from all sides of this conflict, including fighters for the regime. We are the Syrian Civil Defense, but because of our uniforms we are known as the White Helmets.

After the bombs rain down, we rush in to dig for survivors. Our motto, “to save one life is to save all humanity,” is what drives us on. But for every life we save, countless more are lost.

Continue reading at:

Stop the barrel bombs in Syria - The Washington Post?

TS-Nic6424719.jpg

Smoke billows from the scene of a reported barrel bomb attack in Aleppo on March 5. (Zein Al-Rifai/Agence France-Presse via Getty Images)

No words can adequately describe what it is like to save a life. It is pure elation to find and rescue a baby from beneath mountains of rubble. But for us the elation never lasts because we are constantly under attack.

In Aleppo, as in many Syrian cities, the sky has become an obsession. Children on street corners stand watching for helicopters. A clear sky in the morning means we must prepare for barrel bombs.

Before the uprising, I was an electrical supplies salesman. Today, I lead the biggest rescue operation in Syria. We are more than 2,000 men and women who volunteer as firefighters, search-and-rescue workers and paramedics. We are nonsectarian, unarmed and neutral, and we have saved more than 15,000 people from all sides of this conflict, including fighters for the regime. We are the Syrian Civil Defense, but because of our uniforms we are known as the White Helmets.

After the bombs rain down, we rush in to dig for survivors. Our motto, “to save one life is to save all humanity,” is what drives us on. But for every life we save, countless more are lost.

Continue reading at:

Again, western medias help Al-Qaeda terrorists to portray themselves as human right activists. And Terror-Sally ahead. Can hardly hold the puke...

Last edited:
Your post made me think of this, which I heard about the other day...

Support the White Helmets

The White Helmets remind me of those who volunteered for the Civil Defense groups here in America. They too wore while helmets. Anyone who volunteers to help, especially in a war zone like Syria where they take a chance of being around when the barrel bombs are being dropped, are very altruistic people. Our Little Boy, of course, will deny that his beloved's pilots are dropping these barrel bombs.

Well done Sally, Al-Qaeda will send you a thank-you note.
But why do the people look like Islamists? And what are the barrels doing there? Were they placed to suggest they are barrelbombs? Why are the barrels intact, then?

And your pal Assad is holding a gorgeous gold medal for you when you next get back to Syria for constantly denying that his regime uses barrel bombs even though those on the ground have seen these dropped and what has happened to the people in the area.

Well go ahead and throw up, Little Boy. I imagine you must feel nauseous when you see articles telling what your bestest friend in the whole wide world is doing.

TS-Nic6424719.jpg

Continue reading at:

Again, western medias help Al-Qaeda terrorists to portray themselves as human right activists. And Terror-Sally ahead. Can hardly hold the puke...

Forum List

Back