Stop. Smoking.

I'm vaping now. Gradually cutting down the nicotine until I get to zero mg then I plan to quit.
Although I think im more addicted to the habit of doing it, rather than the nicotine itself.
That's what I did. I went from a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker to vaping. I gradually cut down on the nicotine until it's zero. I still like vaping. Some people chew gum. I vape. My last cigarette was when I picked up my first ecig. No withdrawals, no urges. Nothing.
I worry about vaping. People have not been vaping for decades yet, so we don't know what the long term effects are.

I'm vaping now. Gradually cutting down the nicotine until I get to zero mg then I plan to quit.
Although I think im more addicted to the habit of doing it, rather than the nicotine itself.
That's what I did. I went from a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker to vaping. I gradually cut down on the nicotine until it's zero. I still like vaping. Some people chew gum. I vape. My last cigarette was when I picked up my first ecig. No withdrawals, no urges. Nothing.
I worry about vaping. People have not been vaping for decades yet, so we don't know what the long term effects are.
What are the long term effects of steam or fog? Just don't vape drugs including pot.

What are the long term effects of steam or fog? Just don't vape drugs including pot.
There is more than just water vapor in vape.

5 Vaping Facts You Need to Know

Is vaping bad for you? There are many unknowns about vaping, including what chemicals make up the vapor and how they affect physical health over the long term. “People need to understand that e-cigarettes are potentially dangerous to your health,” says Blaha. “Emerging data suggests links to chronic lung disease and asthma, and associations between dual use of e-cigarettes and smoking with cardiovascular disease. You’re exposing yourself to all kinds of chemicals that we don’t yet understand and that are probably not safe.”

E-cigarettes are just another means of getting people addicted to the highly toxic chemical nicotine.

I thought about switching to Skittles for my hand to mouth addiction but then I will be obese.
Whats a guy to do?

I thought about switching to Skittles for my hand to mouth addiction but then I will be obese.
Whats a guy to do?
I did gain a few pounds when I quit smoking, but a few extra pounds is better than gasping for air.

Whats a guy to do?
I did gain a few pounds when I quit smoking, but a few extra pounds is better than gasping for air.
Maybe I can walk around with a yeti cooler full of shredded lettuce instead.

It’s been a while since I’ve smoked; probably 10 years or more,

I see people smoking now and it seems like an odd thing to do. Not to mention the expense. Here in NY they’re like $11 a pack. At a pack a day, that’s over $300 a month. Or a new car and a nice one at that!

they are about that much too here in CT. when i first started buying them, they were 65 cents a pk.
They sold cigarettes in packs in 1902?

they are about that much too here in CT. when i first started buying them, they were 65 cents a pk.

I remember them being 25 cents a pack.

And when I was in the Navy in the early 70s, they were even cheaper than that. The joke was that you were losing money if you didn't smoke.

I also remember if anybody in the shop complained about the smoke, he was told to go stand outside in the hangar if he didn't like it.

Yeah I didn't smoke until the Air Force. It seemed they were doing their damndest to get me to start. I made it through basic but they finally succeed in the second half of tech school.
Even the red cross was in on it back then. When I went into basic, the first night there were free cigarettes among the other hand outs on my bunk given out by the red cross. They even had cigarettes in the C rations. For those who don't know, C rations pre date MREs. I forget if the K rations had them but I think not.
I even paid my maid in the Philippines with cigarettes. They cost me $1.25 a carton in the BX. Cigarettes and booze were both rationed but your ration was so high you could have kept a small town supplied. She got two cartons of cigarettes a week which she promptly sold on the black market for much more than I'd paid. Winston's and Salems were the local favorites and hottest sellers so I gave her Winston's.
After having a series of small strokes I quit again last year but it was easy because I was already down to one or two a day by then.

I lost another friend to lung disease yesterday.

13 years ago, I had a chest x-ray. I forget what for. Anyway, the doctor pointed to a bunch of spots in the x-ray and asked me if I knew what they were. I admitted ignorance.

He told me they were the beginning signs of emphysema. Emphysema is irreversible. I had been trying for over a decade to quit, to no avail. I did the gum, the patches, the classes, cold turkey, all the methods. Nothing had worked.

One night, my four year old son patted my empty shirt pocket. I asked him what he was doing. He said, "I'm looking for those things that you always have there."

fuck...

That was it. I had to quit.

Then I heard about Chantix, which was a relatively new thing at the time. So I gave it a shot. About 8 of us at work all quit together.

13 years later, I am the only one who is still not smoking. And yesterday, one of our group of 8 died. He leaves behind a daughter who is one of my daughter's best friends, and a wife.

He loved his daughter. Believe me. He loved her very, very much. Spoiled her rotten. And I used to berate him and berate him that if he loved his daughter, he should quit smoking.

A couple years ago, he had a heart attack and was in a coma for three days. He collapsed right in front of his daughter. He ended up in the most rundown horrible convalescent home I have ever seen. It was hellish.

Was that enough?

Nope.

He quit for about a month and then took up smoking again.

The last time I saw him, he was gulping like a goldfish. That's the way he existed for the past two years. Sipping air. He could barely draw a breath. And still smoking.

Nicotine is a vicious, vicious addiction. It is stronger than a father's love.

I lost the best friend I have ever had in my entire life three years ago to this shit. He went out the same way. Gasping for air.

If you smoke, STOP! For fuck's sake, STOP.

Do whatever it takes.

And if you catch your kids vaping nicotine, cut them off. Take away their money, their cell phone, their computer, their TV privileges, their sleepover privileges. Make them sleep on a straw bed until they give that shit up.
I'm sorry for your loss G5... thank you for the great advise....

To me, gaining a few can actually agree with a person. In May, it will be 11 years since one of my cousins has smoked and after he quit, he filled out more which only made him look better. He too went the Chantix route.

What I would like to know is how effective hypnosis is. I remember seeing one of my most favorite singers years ago on TV getting hypnotized so that she would finally give it up, Tanya Tucker that is, and she and the other people there were told to light one up while they were "asleep". When they did that, just about everyone there including her started choking and coughing as if their prior history never happened. Sadly she is shown with a cigarette at the beginning one of her more recent videos.

God bless you and her and my cousin always!!!

Holly (a fan of her since 1991)

Whats a guy to do?
Celery has nicotine in it...might help with cravings...

Nicotine makes the platelets in your blood stream more likely to stick together....that can lead to a stroke and or a heart attack....if you smoke cut down or stop...it could save your life....

Whats a guy to do?
Celery has nicotine in it...might help with cravings...

Something I never heard before.

I see people smoking now and it seems like an odd thing to do. Not to mention the expense. Here in NY they’re like $11 a pack. At a pack a day, that’s over $300 a month. Or a new car and a nice one at that!

^^^ & another troll reply with zero substance.

^^^ & another troll reply with zero substance.
It triggered you. Poke successful. We all have our vices. Yours are cigarettes and alcohol. Mine are teasing TDS infected Leftists. Such is life.

Forum List

Back