Stimulus provides 388,000 Jobs

In NYC Emperor Mike Bloomberg also adopted the phony metric of "Jobs saved or created"

He appears on a weekly radio show and I'm going to ask how he would deal with it if the sales staff at Bloomberg decided to ask for a commission on sales "Saved or created"

Early reports: Job gains signal stimulus impact - USATODAY.com

WASHINGTON — States have reported using stimulus money to create or save more than 388,000 jobs so far this year, buttressing the Obama administration's claim that the $787 billion plan has had a significant impact on the economy.
That total, based on a USA TODAY review of reports from 33 states and Puerto Rico, includes teachers, construction workers, and others whose jobs were funded by stimulus money awarded to states. The administration plans Friday to release reports from all 50 states, providing the broadest accounting yet of the stimulus plan's impact.

Hmmm, let's see what else I can find on this.

30,383: First tally on stimulus jobs
First reports show companies receiving stimulus contracts directly from the federal government created more than 30,000 jobs. They have been awarded $16 billion.

Last Updated: October 15, 2009: 6:23 PM ET

Is stimulus helping you?

CNNMoney.com readers describe how President Obama's $787 billion stimulus package has helped them -- or hasn't.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The White House on Thursday unveiled the first hard data on how many jobs the $787 billion recovery act has created.

So far, companies that have received stimulus contracts directly from the federal government have created 30,383 jobs. These firms have been awarded $16 billion in contracts, and have actually been paid $2.2 billion.

30,383: First stimulus jobs numbers unveiled - Oct. 15, 2009

I wonder where USA got it's stats from?....maybe the DNC....and right before an election next week. Ya gotta love those dems :lol:

Last edited:
early reports: Job gains signal stimulus impact - usatoday.com

washington — states have reported using stimulus money to create or save more than 388,000 jobs so far this year, buttressing the obama administration's claim that the $787 billion plan has had a significant impact on the economy.
That total, based on a usa today review of reports from 33 states and puerto rico, includes teachers, construction workers, and others whose jobs were funded by stimulus money awarded to states. The administration plans friday to release reports from all 50 states, providing the broadest accounting yet of the stimulus plan's impact.

bullshit

Just more lies coming from this White House. Hey they do control the Media though right? I just don't believe anything coming from this administration at this point. I said a long time ago that the Hopey Changeys were going to start spinning that the Recession was "Over" and that everything was just great whether it was true or not. Gee what a coincidence,2010 Elections are right around the corner? Just another sad Hopey Changey scam in my opinion.

Last edited:
Early reports: Job gains signal stimulus impact - USATODAY.com

WASHINGTON — States have reported using stimulus money to create or save more than 388,000 jobs so far this year, buttressing the Obama administration's claim that the $787 billion plan has had a significant impact on the economy.
That total, based on a USA TODAY review of reports from 33 states and Puerto Rico, includes teachers, construction workers, and others whose jobs were funded by stimulus money awarded to states. The administration plans Friday to release reports from all 50 states, providing the broadest accounting yet of the stimulus plan's impact.

Umm we have been losing ~300,000 jobs/month so far this year with the last 2 months being the least amount of loss at about 250,000

I dont see any creation or saving of jobs, the unemployment numbers show we have lost jobs every month since before obama took office.

Their numbers are just plain BULL CHIT!! But hey,they do control the Media i guess. Seriously,how can anyone still believe anything coming from this White House at this point?

There are a couple key elections coming up next week, and the dems aren't really looking too powerful as the left on this board would have you think. If they lose both of those elections, there will be a lot of posturing of the democratic politicians that are up for re-election next year. They probably will re-evaluate obama's policies.

We must not forget that "jobs saved" are jobs that were saved with a cash payment. When the cash runs out it is another job lost.

Sadly, the builk of the "jobs saved" are non GDP jobs....like civil servants...so those jobs saved do nothing to boost the economy and wind up being jobs lost within a year anyway.

And beofre you jump at me about those with "jobs saved" will spend money.....wake up to reality.....those that have those "saved jobs" know they are temporary...and are not spening as they would if they had permanent status.

It is all soke and mirrors.

We must not forget that "jobs saved" are jobs that were saved with a cash payment. When the cash runs out it is another job lost.

Sadly, the builk of the "jobs saved" are non GDP jobs....like civil servants...so those jobs saved do nothing to boost the economy and wind up being jobs lost within a year anyway.

And beofre you jump at me about those with "jobs saved" will spend money.....wake up to reality.....those that have those "saved jobs" know they are temporary...and are not spening as they would if they had permanent status.

I just dont understand how when every month for the last year we have lost jobs someone can claim jobs have been saved/created. Our economy is shedding jobs, not creating them.

I just dont understand how when every month for the last year we have lost jobs someone can claim jobs have been saved/created. Our economy is shedding jobs, not creating them.

The jobs saved is legitimate....states that had to lay off teachers and other civil servants got money so they did not have to lay them off. The money wnet to the struggling states to meet payroll.

But those jobs do not help with GDP....so saving them is nothing more than giving those people unemployment equal to their salary...

But only a buffoon would think that saving a civil servant job would help a struggling economy...it helps it no more than increasing uunemployment benefits.

The administration bragging about jobs saved is chest pounding to the max.....but they know it will not helpo the economy....but they also believe the American people are too naive to realize it.

Sadly, the bulk of the "jobs saved" are non GDP jobs....like civil servants...so those jobs saved do nothing to boost the economy and wind up being jobs lost within a year anyway.

And before you jump at me about those with "jobs saved" will spend money.....wake up to reality.....those that have those "saved jobs" know they are temporary...and are not spending as they would if they had permanent status.

It is all smoke and mirrors.

I just don't understand how when every month for the last year we have lost jobs someone can claim jobs have been saved/created. Our economy is shedding jobs, not creating them.

The jobs saved is legitimate....states that had to lay off teachers and other civil servants got money so they did not have to lay them off. The money went to the struggling states to meet payroll.

But those jobs do not help with GDP....so saving them is nothing more than giving those people unemployment equal to their salary...

But only a buffoon would think that saving a civil servant job would help a struggling economy...it helps it no more than increasing unemployment benefits.

The administration bragging about jobs saved is chest pounding to the max.....but they know it will not help the economy....but they also believe the American people are too naive to realize it.

I'm just going to go hypothetical with the numbers to try and explain what I meant.

Say they created 10,000 jobs in that state by spending stimulus money...IE if they didn't spend the stimulus cash those jobs would not have been made available.

At the same time this state loses 20,000 private sector jobs.

So did the stimulus, in effect, create any net jobs for that state? I say no.

Probably should have been this specific in my first post ;).

Oh and i wasn't disagreeing with your post, in fact I liked your post which is why I addressed my statement to you.

Gov't cannot create jobs. They cannot create wealth. For every job "created" by gov't spending, another one had to disappear. How many jobs did this "stimulus" cost?

I think We need to ask Ourselves What it is that These Jobs, Build, Provide, Serve, if Anything at all? What is the Value Gained by These Jobs? What did the Society Profit?

Either We Address that, or Acknowledge that Reckless Spending Leads to Ruin.

In the past We at least benefited from the end results of Federal Projects, be they, Roads, Bridges, Railways, Dam's, What Have You. I'd even support the construction of a canal between Brownsville Texas, and Imperial Beach, California.

We need Refineries, Pipe-Line, Infrastructure Maintenance, more Oil Drilling. I hate saying this, but We Need more Nukes, and the consent to reprocess Fuel Rods. Wake up folks.

Where the hell are they getting these numbers ... people are still out of work, shit, Bush's stimulus creates enough jobs for one city and suddenly Obama is god?

yes but.....380,000 more would have been out of work if we hand't spent 750 billion dollars....

oh and sorry about the almost 20% that don't have jobs....

Gov't cannot create jobs. They cannot create wealth. For every job "created" by gov't spending, another one had to disappear. How many jobs did this "stimulus" cost?

This article was on the lower end of the estimates for taxpayer cost/job created

The Ticker - White House: $92K to Create Each New Job Under Stimulus - Economy Watch *

Just shy of 100,000/job.

I'm up for taking 60% of that and giving my job to someone else.

This article was on the lower end of the estimates for taxpayer cost/job created

The Ticker - White House: $92K to Create Each New Job Under Stimulus - Economy Watch *

Just shy of 100,000/job.

How much productive work was really done for that $92k? Where is the lasting value of that work? When a bio-medical engineer works and invents a new drug delivery system that saves time and money or makes the drug more effective, the economic effect goes on until something better comes along. And even then the research done provides to base for the next thing. So you could justify $92k for that kind of job.
But I get the feeling most of the jobs "created" will be gone when funding runs out and no one will be any richer as a result. So we have borrowed or taxed $92k and basically thrown it into the river. You might as well hire some men to dig ditches and other men to fill them in.

I think We need to ask Ourselves What it is that These Jobs, Build, Provide, Serve, if Anything at all? What is the Value Gained by These Jobs? What did the Society Profit?

Either We Address that, or Acknowledge that Reckless Spending Leads to Ruin.

In the past We at least benefited from the end results of Federal Projects, be they, Roads, Bridges, Railways, Dam's, What Have You. I'd even support the construction of a canal between Brownsville Texas, and Imperial Beach, California.

We need Refineries, Pipe-Line, Infrastructure Maintenance, more Oil Drilling.. I hate saying this, but We Need more Nukes, and the consent to reprocess Fuel Rods. Wake up folks.

Don't be a hater. :D

Yes, they certainly should be looking into nukes and reprocessing. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Just shy of 100,000/job.

How much productive work was really done for that $92k? Where is the lasting value of that work? When a bio-medical engineer works and invents a new drug delivery system that saves time and money or makes the drug more effective, the economic effect goes on until something better comes along. And even then the research done provides to base for the next thing. So you could justify $92k for that kind of job.
But I get the feeling most of the jobs "created" will be gone when funding runs out and no one will be any richer as a result. So we have borrowed or taxed $92k and basically thrown it into the river. You might as well hire some men to dig ditches and other men to fill them in.

If they gave my boss or myself 92k I would be able to provide at least 3 people full time employment with health insurance benefits.

As a small business that amount of money would allow us to purchase all the equipment to open another shop up and thus provide 3 or more jobs.

Just shy of 100,000/job.

R&D is Justified in It's Own Rite, It is not a stimulus, nor should it be. Don't corrupt the science. The Process.

Forum List

Back