Still think the US doesn't produce enough oil and natural gas?

Discussion in 'Energy' started by ABikerSailor, Nov 13, 2012.

1. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,511
    Seems that a lot of people on this board who are conservative have been screaming at the top of their lungs that Obama is going to ruin oil production.

Well..................guess what..............................

U.S. Oil Output to Overtake Saudi Arabia

And that's not all..................we're fixing to overtake Russia in production of natural gas.

U.S. to overtake Russia as top gas producer: IEA

I want someone to explain to me how Obama has hampered energy production in this country.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,417
    Are you suggesting that Obama had anything to do with this phenomena?

It's been accomplished with the input of private capital, risk, ingenuity, and technology.

Can you tell my why Obama has $40 billion in oil and gas taxes waiting in his budget?

3. ABikerSailor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,511
    He's got the oil and gas companies working better than they did under Jr.

4. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,417
    How has "he" accomplished this? I honestly don't see it.

5. ABikerSailor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,511
    If you're gonna jump all over him and say that his policies caused the price of gas to go up, then you've also got to acknowledge that his policies are responsible for the increase in production of oil and natural gas.

But.............like I said...............it's much better under Obama (who isn't an oil man) than it ever was under Jr. (who WAS an oil man).

6. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,417
    No, I've never even insinuated that Obama's policies had any effect on gasoline prices. You can check my posts on the topic but it would probably be a pain in the ass to find them LOL.

"It's better"? You mean domestic production is better since Obama took office? Yup.

But if you think Obama got the oil and gas companies "working better", I'm honestly curious how. I'm not goading you- I just say that I haven't seen it that way.

I think it's been accomplished with the input of private capital, risk, ingenuity and technology, hard work, and persistence. Obama's stamp isn't anywhere on it.

7. Politico

Politico Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,491
    First off we already export oil. And if you think base production numbers has any bearing on self sufficiency you have no clue how things work. When it comes to Leftytoons and Rightyloons I know it is an effort in futility. But ask your self why if we are producing 83% percent of the oil we need (which is a record btw) are we still paying 300% more per gallon than we were 20 years ago. When you figure it out get back with me lol.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  8. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,417
    Figure what out? Why a barrel of oil is priced on the futures markets? NYMEX, etc.?

Grains trade on world markets and are priced so. Why are groceries sky high yet we continue to export millions of metric tons of the shit annually?

When you get a brain, get back to me.

9. RGR

RGR VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +133
    He has only hampered oil and gas production (and probably coal) by restricting the practice through regulation on the land he controls, or the laws he wields. He has not hampered other types of energy production, by encouraging and helping out windmill production.

He is discriminatory. That is how he has hampered certain types of energy production.

10. RGR

RGR VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +133
    Why would anyone assign him the blame, or the credit, for something which he had nothing to do with? For example, the price of gasoline is generally tied to the world price for oil, something Obama has a difficult time affecting, and the price of natural gas is tied to the rapid rampup in production of unconventional sources here in the US. Obama doesn't control the world price of oil, and the rampup in production in the US happened on private land, an item that the President hasn't gotten around to nationalizing quite yet.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2