Still think the US doesn't produce enough oil and natural gas?

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Seems that a lot of people on this board who are conservative have been screaming at the top of their lungs that Obama is going to ruin oil production.

Well..................guess what..............................

U.S. oil output is poised to surpass Saudi Arabia’s in the next decade, making the world’s biggest fuel consumer almost self-reliant and putting it on track to become a net exporter, the International Energy Agency said.

Growing supplies of crude extracted through new technology including hydraulic fracturing of underground rock formations will transform the U.S. into the largest producer for about five years starting about 2020, the Paris-based adviser to 28 nations said today in its annual World Energy Outlook. The U.S. met 83 percent of its energy needs in the first six months of this year, according to the Energy Department in Washington.

“The IEA outlook feeds into the idea of a shift in the center of influence in the world oil market,” said Gareth Lewis-Davies, an analyst at BNP Paribas SA in London. “Given Saudi Arabia is willing to shift production up and down it will retain a large degree of influence, and remain important as a price-influencer.”

U.S. Oil Output to Overtake Saudi Arabia

And that's not all..................we're fixing to overtake Russia in production of natural gas.

A surge in unconventional supplies will see the United States overtake Russia as the world’s biggest natural gas producer in 2017, but it will still need imports to feed a voracious appetite, the International Energy Agency (IEA) said on Tuesday.

A rapid rise in production of shale gas and oil trapped in difficult reservoirs has revolutionized the industry of the world’s top fuel consumer, turning it from the biggest gas importer to a potential exporter and reducing its dependency on expensive crude shipments.

Despite low gas prices that have slowed the pace of drilling somewhat, the momentum of the shale gas boom led to the United States adding production equivalent to half the annual shipments of top liquefied natural gas (LNG) exporter Qatar in 2011, and it could soon overtake Russia as top producer.

“The United States is forecast to be one of the largest sources of incremental supply to 2017, where gas production continues to boom despite a difficult gas pricing environment... putting the United States slightly ahead of Russia,” the IEA said in a report issued on Tuesday.

“High oil prices, driving the production of gas associated with light tight oil extraction, combined with substantial domestic consumption and new international opportunities, are expected to underpin continued expansion of U.S. gas production over the period.”

The IEA expects total U.S. gas production to rise from 653 billion cubic meters (bcm) in 2011 to 769 bcm in 2017, while Russian gas output is expected to rise from 659 bcm last year to 757 bcm over the period.

U.S. to overtake Russia as top gas producer: IEA

I want someone to explain to me how Obama has hampered energy production in this country.

Are you suggesting that Obama had anything to do with this phenomena?

It's been accomplished with the input of private capital, risk, ingenuity, and technology.

Can you tell my why Obama has $40 billion in oil and gas taxes waiting in his budget?

It's been accomplished with the input of private capital, risk, ingenuity, and technology.

Can you tell my why Obama has $40 billion in oil and gas taxes waiting in his budget?

He's got the oil and gas companies working better than they did under Jr.

How has "he" accomplished this? I honestly don't see it.

If you're gonna jump all over him and say that his policies caused the price of gas to go up, then you've also got to acknowledge that his policies are responsible for the increase in production of oil and natural gas.

But.............like I said...............it's much better under Obama (who isn't an oil man) than it ever was under Jr. (who WAS an oil man).

If you're gonna jump all over him and say that his policies caused the price of gas to go up, then you've also got to acknowledge that his policies are responsible for the increase in production of oil and natural gas.

But.............like I said...............it's much better under Obama (who isn't an oil man) than it ever was under Jr. (who WAS an oil man).

No, I've never even insinuated that Obama's policies had any effect on gasoline prices. You can check my posts on the topic but it would probably be a pain in the ass to find them LOL.

"It's better"? You mean domestic production is better since Obama took office? Yup.

But if you think Obama got the oil and gas companies "working better", I'm honestly curious how. I'm not goading you- I just say that I haven't seen it that way.

I think it's been accomplished with the input of private capital, risk, ingenuity and technology, hard work, and persistence. Obama's stamp isn't anywhere on it.

First off we already export oil. And if you think base production numbers has any bearing on self sufficiency you have no clue how things work. When it comes to Leftytoons and Rightyloons I know it is an effort in futility. But ask your self why if we are producing 83% percent of the oil we need (which is a record btw) are we still paying 300% more per gallon than we were 20 years ago. When you figure it out get back with me lol.

Last edited:
Figure what out? Why a barrel of oil is priced on the futures markets? NYMEX, etc.?

Grains trade on world markets and are priced so. Why are groceries sky high yet we continue to export millions of metric tons of the shit annually?

When you get a brain, get back to me.

I want someone to explain to me how Obama has hampered energy production in this country.

He has only hampered oil and gas production (and probably coal) by restricting the practice through regulation on the land he controls, or the laws he wields. He has not hampered other types of energy production, by encouraging and helping out windmill production.

He is discriminatory. That is how he has hampered certain types of energy production.

Why would anyone assign him the blame, or the credit, for something which he had nothing to do with? For example, the price of gasoline is generally tied to the world price for oil, something Obama has a difficult time affecting, and the price of natural gas is tied to the rapid rampup in production of unconventional sources here in the US. Obama doesn't control the world price of oil, and the rampup in production in the US happened on private land, an item that the President hasn't gotten around to nationalizing quite yet.

He has only hampered oil and gas production (and probably coal) by restricting the practice through regulation on the land he controls, or the laws he wields. He has not hampered other types of energy production, by encouraging and helping out windmill production.

He is discriminatory. That is how he has hampered certain types of energy production.

If it's "hampered", then why are we set to overtake Russia (current top producer) of natural gas by 2017?

If it's "hampered", then why are we set to overtake Saudi Arabia (current top producer) of oil by 2020?

Why would anyone assign him the blame, or the credit, for something which he had nothing to do with? For example, the price of gasoline is generally tied to the world price for oil, something Obama has a difficult time affecting, and the price of natural gas is tied to the rapid rampup in production of unconventional sources here in the US. Obama doesn't control the world price of oil, and the rampup in production in the US happened on private land, an item that the President hasn't gotten around to nationalizing quite yet.

I suspect the OP is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, as a riposte to those that criticised Obama previously for hampering oil and gas production.

The Private sector is making the US the largest producer of oil and gas on the planet.

Stop Fluffing Obama, start thinking

The Private sector is making the US the largest producer of oil and gas on the planet.

Hey..................just a year or so ago, you right wing loons were screaming that Obama was hampering oil and gas production because of his policies.

I just thought you should know that is incorrect, as our production is steadily increasing.

Hey..................just a year or so ago, you right wing loons were screaming that Obama was hampering oil and gas production because of his policies.

I just thought you should know that is incorrect, as our production is steadily increasing.

Do you know the difference between the public sector and the private sector?

Obammy killed Keystone, how did that help oil and gas production?

Obammy wants to bankrupt coal, how does that help US energy?

Obammy "Fast tracked" a nuclear reactor, any idea when it's set to come online?

Drill ANWR, open the eastern Gulf of Mexico, give states authority to lease offshore east and west coasts, stop yammering about profits, quit calling O&G tax code items "subsidies", stop lying to America about these industries, call off the EPA dogs, relax the endangered species act, etc.

If all those policies are so bad, then why is the US slated to become the top producer of natural gas in 2017 and the top producer of oil in 2020?

If all those policies are so bad, then why is the US slated to become the top producer of natural gas in 2017 and the top producer of oil in 2020?

Because of the creativity of private enterprise and power of free enterprise

BTW, How's that whole "Peak Oil" theory of your coming along?

Because of the creativity of private enterprise and power of free enterprise

BTW, How's that whole "Peak Oil" theory of your coming along?

And the real kicker- Liberals and the liberal media heap praise on Obama like this is his "accomplishment".

It's an insult to the oil and natural gas industries and the men and women who dedicate their lives and risk their livellihoods only to get kicked in the teeth by an idiotic President who uses his SOTU addresses to demonize a truly prolific economic engine in this country.

From 2012 SOTU:

We have subsidized oil companies for a century. That's long enough. It's time to end the taxpayer giveaways to an industry that's rarely been more profitable...

Full transcript: Obama's 2012 State of the Union Address

Horse shit.

From 2011 SOTU:

We need to get behind this innovation (renewables). And to help pay for it, I'm asking Congress to eliminate the billions in taxpayer dollars we currently give to oil companies. (Applause.) I don't know if -- I don't know if you've noticed, but they're doing just fine on their own. (Laughter.) So instead of subsidizing yesterday's energy, let's invest in tomorrow's.

Obama State Of The Union Speech 2011: FULL TEXT & VIDEO

What an ass.

"Slated to become" basically means "someone claimed it might happen, therefore it will".

Things don't always work out as planned.

Forum List

Back