Steven "POS" Colbert

Did you think at all before posting that?
yeah, I even provided a link that backs up my statement. What you got?

Nothing, just the intelligence to know that your link doesn't disprove what I said.
You're challenging my statement that Colbert is leading late night in ratings? Really? That's common knowledge. Do your own research then and show us who the real leader is.

No, I'm saying he's just doing that to stay relevant and your post and link doesn't disprove that.
You didn't say "stay relevant" why are you changing your words? You said "he only did that to get relevant again" that implys that he isn't relevant. My point was that he had and still has the top show on late night... he's relevant.

He did it because he has proven success to bash Trump, and he was pissed at the way Trump treated Dickerson.

So I didn't exactly quote myself, so sue me. My point is still the same. He isn't relevant and your post did nothing to disprove that.

yeah, I even provided a link that backs up my statement. What you got?

Nothing, just the intelligence to know that your link doesn't disprove what I said.
You're challenging my statement that Colbert is leading late night in ratings? Really? That's common knowledge. Do your own research then and show us who the real leader is.

No, I'm saying he's just doing that to stay relevant and your post and link doesn't disprove that.
You didn't say "stay relevant" why are you changing your words? You said "he only did that to get relevant again" that implys that he isn't relevant. My point was that he had and still has the top show on late night... he's relevant.

He did it because he has proven success to bash Trump, and he was pissed at the way Trump treated Dickerson.

So I didn't exactly quote myself, so sue me. My point is still the same. He isn't relevant and your post did nothing to disprove that.
How is having the number 1 show in late night not Not Relevant?

Last edited:
You think he was going for laughs? Really? I thought they called it "resistance".......

Why the assumption that you can't do both.

Oh, Colbert and his fellow late night hosts can do both to their heart's content. I used to watch them pre election because they were very entertaining shows. Once they went full pearl clutching snowflakes, I quit watching. I want to be entertained, not indoctrinated. So I vote with my remote and find other entertainment. Colbert's opinions are no more informed or have more value than my neighbor next door who sales school buses. He just has a bully pulpit to spew his hate. #FireColbert
I saw on the news this morning his mea culpa, so the wife and I watched his monologue from last night. It briefly came up on his interview with Jim Parsons. While I agree it's just his opinion and, as has been noted several times before, he leans left, sometimes hard left, the fact remains everyone is free to do was you and I do: vote with our remote.

You do of course realize that part of the outrage is the hypocrisy. Can you imagine what would happen to a person in Colbert's spot if they had gone on a vile rant like that about Obama? Charges of racism would be shouted and there would be marches held and stores looted until the person resigned or was fired. People would be saying that while you might not like Obama, you have to respect the office, yada, yada, yada. Colbert spouts homophobic language that would get someone else crucified and the liberal gays say it's all good, no sweat.
Have you ever listened to rush, levin, hannity, infowars, Breitbart....?

No, I don't and for much of the same reason. I like to be informed, not indoctrinated just like I like to be entertained and not indoctrinated. If you wanted to use Hannity, Rush, Levin, etc. for a comparison, you'd have to compare to Maddow, Hayes, O'Donnell, etc. They are all in the same business. Colbert is not. He's a comedian and an entertainer on a late night talk show ala Johnny Carson, not a political pundit. What he did/does really has no comparison. Could you imagine Letterman a few years back unloading on Obama in the same form and fashion? Had he done so, do you think it would have gotten the same meh response from the left? If you do, I have a bridge for sale overlooking some beautiful ocean front property.

Oh, Colbert and his fellow late night hosts can do both to their heart's content. I used to watch them pre election because they were very entertaining shows. Once they went full pearl clutching snowflakes, I quit watching. I want to be entertained, not indoctrinated. So I vote with my remote and find other entertainment. Colbert's opinions are no more informed or have more value than my neighbor next door who sales school buses. He just has a bully pulpit to spew his hate. #FireColbert
I saw on the news this morning his mea culpa, so the wife and I watched his monologue from last night. It briefly came up on his interview with Jim Parsons. While I agree it's just his opinion and, as has been noted several times before, he leans left, sometimes hard left, the fact remains everyone is free to do was you and I do: vote with our remote.

You do of course realize that part of the outrage is the hypocrisy. Can you imagine what would happen to a person in Colbert's spot if they had gone on a vile rant like that about Obama? Charges of racism would be shouted and there would be marches held and stores looted until the person resigned or was fired. People would be saying that while you might not like Obama, you have to respect the office, yada, yada, yada. Colbert spouts homophobic language that would get someone else crucified and the liberal gays say it's all good, no sweat.

No, I don't and for much of the same reason. I like to be informed, not indoctrinated just like I like to be entertained and not indoctrinated. If you wanted to use Hannity, Rush, Levin, etc. for a comparison, you'd have to compare to Maddow, Hayes, O'Donnell, etc. They are all in the same business. Colbert is not. He's a comedian and an entertainer on a late night talk show ala Johnny Carson, not a political pundit. What he did/does really has no comparison. Could you imagine Letterman a few years back unloading on Obama in the same form and fashion? Had he done so, do you think it would have gotten the same meh response from the left? If you do, I have a bridge for sale overlooking some beautiful ocean front property.
Colbert came from Comedy Central where he had a show called The Colbert Report where he played a character that was a hard ass conservative and the whole show was focused on political satire. He toned it down a bit but also brought a lot of those elements and fan base with him to the Late Show. Thats his thing. He has the best ratings. It seems to be working. Whats the problem. If you don't like it don't watch it. Pretty simple.

Do I really have to explain it?

If you are #1 in a genre or time slot whatever, that few people watch, you aren't relevant.

If you are #1 in a genre or time slot whatever, that few people watch, you aren't relevant.
Haha, ok buddy, you're right, Steven Colbert, Jimmy Fallon, Kimes, and Conan are nobodies, I'm surprised we even know who they are... what is it with these delusional people on this board? :cuckoo:

Haha, ok buddy, you're right, Steven Colbert, Jimmy Fallon, Kimes, and Conan are nobodies, I'm surprised we even know who they are... what is it with these delusional people on this board? :cuckoo:

Hey, trying to educate you, I can't make you learn.

Hey, trying to educate you, I can't make you learn.
So educate me... how big of an audience does one need to be relevant in your opinion?

Pity Cold Bear wasn't on TV when Seamus sang.....

He'd have fit right in!

But he won't really fit the liberal late-night success ranks until he gets off a joke about raping little girls. Like his hero....

I like Colbert, but he has been stepping over the line from humor to vindictiveness. He needs to take it back a notch or two. Steve, ya listening?

In Regard to Steven Colbert, and the vile, disgusting left. As I've said about the rest of the Slime Balls in Hollywood. If you don't like America , and if you claim that Trump is not your President you may feel free to leave the country, Cuba, and Venezuela may suit you better.
Well he's not the only one.

Every comic on late night is doing it too.

Seth Meyers is the most hilarious of them all. I can't help laughing.

In Regard to Steven Colbert, and the vile, disgusting left. As I've said about the rest of the Slime Balls in Hollywood. If you don't like America , and if you claim that Trump is not your President you may feel free to leave the country, Cuba, and Venezuela may suit you better.
Yeah, Trump bragging about grabbing women's vaginas is not vile and disgusting, right?

Yeah, Trump bragging about grabbing women's vaginas is not vile and disgusting, right?

your citing locker room style boy talk, that some intrusive piece of shit TAPED and then advertised----IS vile and disgusting

I watched the silly clip------to me it was just comedy and utterly harmless----the
comment was on how trump treated Dickerson-----Colbert has a right to express
indignation

from me? under similar circumstances------same "meh"

your citing locker room style boy talk, that some intrusive piece of shit TAPED and then advertised----IS vile and disgusting
Hypocrisy is in the air!

Boys talking about pussy is bad but telling someone they are a cocksucker is good? WTF?

I like Colbert, but he has been stepping over the line from humor to vindictiveness. He needs to take it back a notch or two. Steve, ya listening?
Colbert was certainly pissed about how Trump treated Dickerson. As Colbert stated Wednesday night, he didn't have any regrets but would have reconsidered his vocabulary.

Most of this is just amusing; the Trump fans and some gays are on the same side attacking Colbert's comment. Enough complaints have been filed that the FCC has been compelled to investigate, but nothing will happen. Colbert was on late night and the comment was bleeped. What's to charge? Righteous indignation isn't evidence for conviction.

Colbert was certainly pissed about how Trump treated Dickerson. As Colbert stated Wednesday night, he didn't have any regrets but would have reconsidered his vocabulary.

Most of this is just amusing; the Trump fans and some gays are on the same side attacking Colbert's comment. Enough complaints have been filed that the FCC has been compelled to investigate, but nothing will happen. Colbert was on late night and the comment was bleeped. What's to charge? Righteous indignation isn't evidence for conviction.

True. But just a point of clarification, FCC doesn't "investigate". It doesn't work pro-actively that way despite various misleading bullshit headlines. What it does is review complaints from the public. That's something it does literally every day. It has to. Unless some radio talking head brings up a specific instance, no one hears about them unless you go to the FCC site and broadcaster public files. Doesn't mean any of these complaints go anywhere, nor is there any basis for this one to go anywhere.

I suspect this particular radio talking head was just trying to stir the shit and generate the bullshit headlines it did. ANYBODY who works in radio knows damn well how this works, so the whole question was disingenuous on its face.

Forum List

Back