Steve Schmidt: ‘It Is Harder to Buy Cough Medicine Than It Is to Buy an AK-47’

Democrats are acting like somehow since the Constitution was written, the right to self defense has changed. No it hasn't. If this joker wasn't so filthy rich, he would go into any drug store himself and see shelves of cough syrup.
Bullshit. Nobody is acting like that. People are acting as if guns have changed. Because they have.
The semiautomatic rifle has been around since the mid 1800's
Right, juuuuuust before the constitution was written. thanks for the correction! ;)

All kidding aside, I'm not calling for a ban. Just stronger regulation and tracking.

Democrats are acting like somehow since the Constitution was written, the right to self defense has changed. No it hasn't. If this joker wasn't so filthy rich, he would go into any drug store himself and see shelves of cough syrup.
Bullshit. Nobody is acting like that. People are acting as if guns have changed. Because they have.
Right, juuuuuust before the constitution was written. thanks for the correction! ;)

All kidding aside, I'm not calling for a ban. Just stronger regulation and tracking.

It's not anyone's business if a law abiding citizen owns firearms.

Says you. I say they should be registered and tracked. Many are, but not all.

Says you.

There is no reason that the property of private citizens has to be tracked by the government.

Says you.

There is no reason that the property of private citizens has to be tracked by the government.
That's right, says me. And yes, there are plenty of reasons, as evidenced by the fact that those reasons had to be argued successfully to get the gun control we already have. Maybe, if you scream it loudly enough to yourself over and over and over ("There are no reasons!!!"), it will become true, and all the laws will disappear.

Or maybe not.

Says you.

That's right, says me. And yes, there are plenty of reasons, as evidenced by the fact that those reasons had to be argued successfully to get the gun control we already have. Maybe, if you scream it loudly enough to yourself over and over and over ("There are no reasons!!!"), it will become true, and all the laws will disappear.

Or maybe not.

A background check and tracking are 2 completely different subjects.

I have no problem with background checks because I pass them every time which shows that I am a law abiding citizen and since I am a law abiding citizen I can buy firearms.

So the reason we have the gun laws we do now is not to track every person's gun but rather to prevent people legally ineligible to own guns from buying them.

It is not you business what law abiding citizens own be it guns, or anything else

Says you.

Or maybe not.

I have no problem with background checks because I pass them every time which shows that I am a law abiding citizen and since I am a law abiding citizen I can buy firearms.

So the reason we have the gun laws we do now is not to track every person's gun but rather to prevent people legally ineligible to own guns from buying them.

It is not you business what law abiding citizens own be it guns, or anything else
Ah, how quickly I can make you move the goalposts:

At first: "There is no reason that the property of private citizens has to be tracked by the government."

Then: "It is not you business what law abiding citizens own be it guns, or anything else"

See the difference? and you undercut your own argument, as "law abiding" is subject to the laws which are in pace, which have changed and can change some more, exactly as I am suggesting. Well, that was easy. Have a nice day!

That tracking will allow confiscation in case they want to ban them. Forget it!

Says you.

Or maybe not.

Ah, how quickly I can make you move the goalposts:

At first: "There is no reason that the property of private citizens has to be tracked by the government."

Then: "It is not you business what law abiding citizens own be it guns, or anything else"

See the difference? and you undercut your own argument, as "law abiding" is subject to the laws which are in pace, which have changed and can change some more, exactly as I am suggesting. Well, that was easy. Have a nice day!

You do know that the only guns that could be tracked are the ones bought legally don't you? So all you propose is tracking the guns of people who buy guns legally.

And none of that changes the fact that what another person owns is not any of your business

Says you.

They track your car, your house, your SS number (meaning you), ...
so stop being such a baby.

We have all the regulations we need, and we can track criminals just fine........the problem isn't catching the criminals...it is democrats letting them back out once they are caught.

Says you.

Or maybe not.

We can't allow universal background checks.....the only reason anti gunners want them, since criminals don't go through any background checks, and mass shooters will be able to pass them...is it gives them the excuse and the power to demand universal gun registration. They get universal background checks passed....then, years later when the criminals are still getting guns and mass shooters are still shooting people.....they will then demand gun registration..since it is obvious registration is needed for universal background checks to work. Then, when they get the power to do it, they will start banning as many guns as they can, and they will know who has those guns.....

No to universal background checks.

Says you.

Fuck off.

I don't have to register a car if I don't intend to drive it on a public road do I ? No I don't

I can have a garage full of cars and never have to tell anyone.

Everyone who`s in jail for a crime committed with a gun was once a law abiding citizen. Guns make a nobody feel like a somebody.
This gun owning law abider was killed with his own gun by his wife because he whined about a burnt casserole. We`ll be housing and feeding her for a long time.
Woman charged with killing husband after fight over burned casserole

Everyone who`s in jail for a crime committed with a gun was once a law abiding citizen. Guns make a nobody feel like a somebody.
This gun owning law abider was killed with his own gun by his wife because he whined about a burnt casserole. We`ll be housing and feeding her for a long time.
Woman charged with killing husband after fight over burned casserole

Here we go again with that some old tired flawed argument that everyone is nothing but a criminal in waiting.

If you want to use that flawed logic then apply it to all laws.
We should just suspend you driver's license now because you are a drunk driver in waiting and it's only a matter of time before you kill someone.
We should put your kids in foster care now because you are a child abuser in waiting it's just a matter of time
We should slap a TRO on you because you're a wife beater in waiting it's just a matter of time before you beat the shit out of your wife.

Says you.

Fuck off.

I don't have to register a car if I don't intend to drive it on a public road do I ? No I don't

I can have a garage full of cars and never have to tell anyone.
The Big Bad Guvment is tracking YOU through your SS number, your property, your phone, your internet...!!! :eek:

I`m not a gun owner myself but is there anything to stop me from buying a dozen of these weapons that I don`t even know how to operate? I don`t have a criminal record.

No....after you pass a federal background check. Do you have to pass a federal background check to get cough medicine?

And if you buy them from a private seller, and aren't a felon....still no problem...since again, you aren't a felon. If you are a felon, when you are caught with them, you will go to jail. And then democrats, like you...will let you back out on the street...while we who support common sense gun laws want you in jail, for illegal possession of guns, for 30 years....but guys like you keep allowing violent criminals back on the street..the ones who are committing guns crimes..
In what universe do you always have to have a federal background check to buy an AK-47? Not this one. Welcome to our universe, traveler.

Frankly, I would expect such an obsessive gun fetishist not to have made this stupid mistake.

In fact if you buy a military rifle...the AK-47 you have to go through not only a federal background check but you have to deal with the ATF...

If you buy a civilian rifle that looks like an AK-47, which is nothing more than a semi auto rifle for self defense......you still go through a federal background check....

Why are you anti gunners so fucking stupid.

They don't realize that Steve Schmidt, whose opinion they seem to agree with is a Republican.

Forum List

Back