Steve Jobs Died

He built the first personal computer company in the world.

Then he was fired.

The company went to shit, coming very close to bankruptcy.

Then he came back.

This summer, for a few days Apple Inc surpassed ExxonMobil as the most valuable stock, trading at more than $400 a share.

RIP Steve.

Last edited:
It has been known for some time that he was battling cancer. When he released his resignation statement 6 weeks ago, I knew the end was near.

It was expected, but nonetheless tragic. He was a brilliant visionary, and he will be sorely missed.

It has been known for some time that he was battling cancer. When he released his resignation statement 6 weeks ago, I knew the end was near.

It was expected, but nonetheless tragic. He was a brilliant visionary, and he will be sorely missed.

Yes, he had been living with pancreatic cancer for almost 5 years, before he retired. But his leaving happened so soon after retirement, it took me by great and sad surprise. He worked until the very end.

He, and Bill Gates, two guys who dropped out of college and became rich and famous by doing what they loved. There is just no limit to what one can accomplish if they follow their instincts, talents, drives and dreams and aren't lazy or afraid to work their tails off.

Again, RIP dear Steve Jobs, and "thank you" for enhancing my life and times....

Sorry to hear this creative man had to leave us a little early. ]

Condolences to his wife and family and all his loving friends.

I will admit, I am a MAC person. This is a person, like most of my friends, who have started a company.... and who have been successful, was also a so-called "progressive" and an innovator, which flies in the face of "liberals" as lazy leeches. What say you, righties?
threads merged

Last edited:
I will admit, I am a MAC person. This is a person, like most of my friends, who have started a company.... and who have been successful, was also a so-called "progressive" and an innovator, which flies in the face of "liberals" as lazy leeches. What say you, righties?
threads merged

i say it's pretty fucking creepy to use someone's death to make petty political points, asshole.

why do you ask?

It's a rare talent to know what the public wants - before they do...
:cool:
The World-Changer: Steve Jobs knew what we wanted
Oct 5,`11 - In dark suit and bowtie, he is a computing-era carnival barker - eyebrows bouncing, hands gesturing, smile seductive and coy and a bit annoying. It's as if he's on his first date with an entire generation of consumers. And, in a way, he is.
It is Jan. 24, 1984, and a young Steve Jobs is standing at center stage, introducing to shareholders of Apple Computer Inc. the "insanely great" machine that he's certain will change the world: a beige plastic box called the Macintosh. Here is the Wizard of Cupertino at the threshold of it all, years before the black mock turtleneck and blue jeans. He is utterly in command - of his audience and of his performance. All of the Jobs storytelling staples are emerging.

The hyperbole: "You have to see this display to believe it. It's incredible."

The villain: "And all of this power fits in a box that is one-third the size and weight of an IBM PC."

The tease: "Now I'd like to show you Macintosh in person. All of the images you are about to see on the large screen will be generated by what's in that bag."

He retreats into the shadows, pulls the inaugural Mac out of its satchel. He inserts a disk and boots up. Suddenly, on the screen - roughly pixelated by today's standards but, for 1984, stunning - a typeface rolls by to the theme from "Chariots of Fire." A picture of a geisha appears. Then a spreadsheet. Architectural renderings. A game of video chess. A bitmapped drawing of Steve Jobs dreaming of a Mac. The computer speaks. "Hello. I'm Macintosh. It sure is great to get out of that bag," it says. "It is with considerable pride that I introduce a man who's been like a father to me: Steve Jobs." Applause shakes the place. Steven Paul Jobs, basking in it, tries not to grin. He fails. The future, at this moment, is his.

MORE

Steve was one of the pioneer of the century. We would not be communicating on this forum as we do today if it were not for his vision. Thank you Steve Jobs where ever you are. The pace of innovation will suffer without you. This world will miss you.

Forum List

Back