Steve Jobs Died

Steve Jobs dies of pancreatic cancer...
:(
Steve Jobs, Apple's Visionary, Dies at 56
*October 5, 2011 - Steven P. Jobs, the visionary co-founder of Apple who helped usher in the era of personal computers and then did nothing less than lead a cultural transformation in the way music, movies and mobile communications were experienced in the digital age, died Wednesday in Palo Alto, Calif.. He was 56.
The death was announced by Apple, the company Mr. Jobs and his high school friend Stephen Wozniak started in 1976 in a suburban California garage. Mr. Jobs had waged a long and public struggle with cancer, remaining the face of the company even as he underwent treatment, introducing new products for a global market in his trademark blue jeans even as he grew gaunt and frail.

He underwent surgery for pancreatic cancer in 2004, received a liver transplant in 2009 and took three medical leaves of absence as Apple’s chief executive before stepping down in August and turning over the helm to Timothy D. Cook, the chief operating officer. When he left, he had still been engaged in the company’s affairs, negotiating with another Silicon Valley executive only weeks earlier. “I have always said that if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s C.E.O., I would be the first to let you know,” Mr. Jobs said in a letter released by the company. “Unfortunately, that day has come.”

By then, having mastered digital technology and capitalized on his intuitive marketing sense, Mr. Jobs had largely come to define the personal computer industry and an array of digital consumer and entertainment businesses centered on the Internet. He had also become a very rich man, worth an estimated $8.3 billion. Eight years after founding Apple, Mr. Jobs led the team that designed the Macintosh computer, a breakthrough in making personal computers easier to use. After a 12-year separation from the company, prompted by a bitter falling-out with his chief executive, John Sculley, he returned in 1997 to oversee the creation of one innovative digital device after another — the iPod, the iPhone and the iPad. They transformed not only product categories like music players and cellphones but also entire industries, like music and mobile communications.

During his years outside Apple, he bought a tiny computer graphics spinoff from the director George Lucas and built a team of computer scientists, artists and animators that became Pixar Animation Studios. Starting with “Toy Story” in 1995, Pixar produced a string of hit movies, won several Academy Awards for both artistic and technological excellence, and made the full-length computer-animated film a mainstream art form enjoyed by children and adults worldwide. Mr. Jobs was neither a hardware engineer nor a software programmer, nor did he think of himself as a manager. He considered himself a technology leader, choosing the best people possible, encouraging and prodding them, and making the final call on product design.

MORE

What an incredible loss...

t_hero.png

The documentary I'm talking about was aired by German state Television.
It reports about palsy from intoxication, deaths, explosions and suicides in the factories where the IPhones are produced.

They even show the nets in-front of the buildings, which were installed to intercept the suiciders who spring out of the windows due to the working conditions.
They also show Steve Jobs terming these plants as "nice plants".
Production in China at these conditions ensures Apple a yield margin of 375$ per IPhone4 and that production of IPhone4 in USA without exploiting workers would still ensure a 50% yield margin per IPhone4.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgwlZZjRC0A]Wie Apple in China produzieren lässt ! - YouTube[/ame]

@ WillowTree
you can neg-rep me, but Apple is a capitalist slave company, which produces its toys in inhumane factories. Classic exploitation of labour.
They say, that even if the Apple products would be manufactured in USA with 10-times the wages, Apple would still have a 50% yield margin on every IPhone that is sold.

iSlave.

you wear sneakers kid?

and that if that is the only thing you take from his life, well.....you're Turkish.

how many ipods can missing greek Cypriots manufacture btw?

Last edited:
When he retired I figured it would be soon. So sad, but glad he isn't in pain anymore.

you wear sneakers kid?

and that if that is the only thing you take from his life, well.....you're Turkish.

I don't wear sneakers.
And I think, that an award-winning TV-format airing such kind of stuff on State Television in Germany isn't propaganda.

And I don't have any problems being Turkish.

A brilliant man. He was far to young. But he was a testament to American ingenuity and innovation.

He will be missed.

yes, and when you assholes have succeeded in destroying capitalism all that will be gone. we'll all sit around collecting our 20 bucks an hour for not working..

Can we keep the BS politics out of this thread PLEASE!!

Forum List

Back