Steve Jobs Died

It is a terrible shame.
The influence Apple has had on the entire technology industry...not just "i" products - but the spin-offs other brands made to mimic them.
He made a difference. And that is more than 99.9999999% of every person who has ever lived.

I will admit, I am a MAC person. This is a person, like most of my friends, who have started a company.... and who have been successful, was also a so-called "progressive" and an innovator, which flies in the face of "liberals" as lazy leeches. What say you, righties?
threads merged

You are a ignorant partisan hack.

Steve was a greedy capitalist who lied, cheated & screwed his friend & business partner out of money. He did not allow unions at his company & was prone to firing employees who annoyed him on an elevator ride. He avoided acknowledging & supporting his daughter. He fooled & sucked money out of liberals like you. He was not you.

Bill Gates is a man concerned about the world, and he puts his money where his mouth is. Using the Gates Foundation, Bill has given away more money than most will ever make in many life times. Bill has also attracted & inspired even more donations from mega rich people.

Steve Jobs: capitalist, Bill Gates: philanthropist
Leander Kahney, of Wired News, wonders if Steve deserves his rock-star-like status, given that he isn't known for his charitable works. Sure, you have to admire Jobs for having a vision and sticking to it, but shouldn't Gates get more credit for his work?

Last edited:
Anybody who kicked IBM's ass deserves RESPECT.

I made a lot of money slogging Apple Products.

I started creating CBO ROSETTA on a MAC, too.

Thanks STEVE!

Rest in Peace

I complain about a lot of things. Where are the colonies on the Moon I was promised? Where's my home on Mars? Where the heck is my flying car, jet pack, and robot assistant?

Lots of things we were promised have never materialized. But when I use my iPod Touch, I'm always amazed. It's an almost permanent part of my left hand. It does everything I need, and it just works. I can't understand how it does, and I'm not a stupid man. It just plain works like some little miracle from the future.

That's what I'll always remember about Steve Jobs. A lot of folks promised to change the world. A lot of folks promised to give us the future. He delivered. RIP.

While I acknowledge that Jobs was a rocking individual... and he has my utmost respect, I am puzzled by the left wingers adoration of a guy whose company shipped its manufacturing to China, ignored the employment of children in those factories, turned a blind eye to the health and safety issues at those factories that resulted in two deaths.... evil corporation... yea, Apple is one of them... but cuz y'all love their products, you ignore it.

Very, very hypocritical.

Anyone who purchases an Apple product supports these practices. Y'all know that, right?

While I acknowledge that Jobs was a rocking individual... and he has my utmost respect, I am puzzled by the left wingers adoration of a guy whose company shipped its manufacturing to China, ignored the employment of children in those factories, turned a blind eye to the health and safety issues at those factories that resulted in two deaths.... evil corporation... yea, Apple is one of them... but cuz y'all love their products, you ignore it.

Very, very hypocritical.

Anyone who purchases an Apple product supports these practices. Y'all know that, right?

Note for the record that Caliphony Girl just politicized the passing of Steve Jobs.

If any doubt remains about what a partisan twat she really is, this should finally extinguish it.

Very, very hypocritical.

time and place, dear... time and place. farshtay?

Very, very hypocritical.

I know... the guy is dead. Shame. And I am genuinely saddened by his passing. I'm just curious why those who insist that corporations are evil are saddened. Seems odd to me.

Very, very hypocritical.

Note for the record that Caliphony Girl just politicized the passing of Steve Jobs.

If any doubt remains about what a partisan twat she really is, this should finally extinguish it.

I know... the guy is dead. Shame. And I am genuinely saddened by his passing. I'm just curious why those who insist that corporations are evil are saddened. Seems odd to me.

The world isn't as simply black & white as partisans pretend it to be.

Odd my ass. :thup:

Very, very hypocritical.

Which was kind of my point. Trust you not to get it though. Good Job. Pun intended.

Very, very hypocritical.

I'm intelligent enough to respect the genius of people I don't necessarily agree with. And it's hard to deny Steve Jobs was a genius.

There's a lot of truly evil things you can say about most folks, from Bill Gates, to Thomas Edison to Alexander the Great. Einstein was a compulsive womanizer for pete's sake! Doesn't change the fact that sometimes folks that change the world aren't always the nicest guys on the planet.

Which was kind of my point. Trust you not to get it though. Good Job. Pun intended.

It would only be odd if you're incapable of being saddened by the passing of a liberal.

Did you throw a party when Ted Kennedy passed? Is that why you find compassion coming from the left for Steve Jobs "odd"?

Is that what you're implying here? If not, then what exactly is "odd" about people on the left mourning Job's passing?

Very, very hypocritical.

No one insists that corporations are evil beyond rightwingloons claiming that the left believes it so.

And pooh on you for talking snark in this thread.

No one insists that corporations are evil beyond rightwingloons claiming that the left believes it so.

Yea, I worked it out. He donated pretty decent amounts to the DNC. I can see now why Apple is not one of the evil corporations... despite its somewhat hinky record on shipping jobs overseas, employing child labor, and dubious safety practices in its factories.

Keep buying i-whatevers!

Yea, I worked it out. He donated pretty decent amounts to the DNC. I can see now why Apple is not one of the evil corporations... despite its somewhat hinky record on shipping jobs overseas, employing child labor, and dubious safety practices in its factories.

Keep buying i-whatevers!
Sad.

Forum List

Back