State's Rights

Oh.....oh....me first

I support the federal government putting down that child molesting pedophile who set fire to his own people
No, you support the federal government using ANY PRETEXT to cover up a felonious offense so long as they financially support you, so long as they provide you health insurance, so long as they are willing to quench your thirst, so long as they clothe and shelter you.
I support our government arresting a pedophile cop killer

We have different governments...which do you support ? Oh, you didn't know that...I see.
I support the one nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and justice for all

As opposed to your call for anarchy
To you any government that doesn't feed , shelter or clothe you is an anarchy.

Yes......we do have a government that helps those who need helping

That is what outrages anarchists such as yourself

Every asshole I've seen in my life who supported so-called phrase "states rights," meant exactly what that photo portrays -- the right to treat minorities like crud. Screw those right/white wingers.

Every asshole I've seen in my life who supports federal government supremacy also supports slaughtering religious minorities a la Waco, economic tyranny, a corrupt federal judiciary which only supports those rights deemed politically correct and an interventionist foreign policy.

Government gave rapist David Koresh 51 days to surrender peacefully,. But they chose to continue raping women and killed 4 agents too. But, they are martyrs to right wing yahoos.

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAD NO BUSINESS WHATSOEVER AND THE DAVIDIANS COMPOUND. N O N E. So the 51 DAYS CLAIM IS BULLSHIT.

Yeah a bunch of well armed, rapists and terrorists are just fine with you guys. They should have walked out peacefully, the government gave them plenty of time.
They have the ABSOLUTE RIGHT to be well armed; there is NO EVIDENCE that they raped anyone ; and prior to the federal invasion of their compound they lived peacefully in Waco.
They abused twelve year old girls. Rather than face charges, they murdered four federal agents

I can see where that would make them heroes to anarchists

No, you support the federal government using ANY PRETEXT to cover up a felonious offense so long as they financially support you, so long as they provide you health insurance, so long as they are willing to quench your thirst, so long as they clothe and shelter you.

We have different governments...which do you support ? Oh, you didn't know that...I see.
I support the one nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and justice for all

What outrages anarchocapitalist such as myself is the fact that parasites have been led to believe that taxpayers owe them a living

Every asshole I've seen in my life who supports federal government supremacy also supports slaughtering religious minorities a la Waco, economic tyranny, a corrupt federal judiciary which only supports those rights deemed politically correct and an interventionist foreign policy.

Government gave rapist David Koresh 51 days to surrender peacefully,. But they chose to continue raping women and killed 4 agents too. But, they are martyrs to right wing yahoos.

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAD NO BUSINESS WHATSOEVER AND THE DAVIDIANS COMPOUND. N O N E. So the 51 DAYS CLAIM IS BULLSHIT.

Yeah a bunch of well armed, rapists and terrorists are just fine with you guys. They should have walked out peacefully, the government gave them plenty of time.
They have the ABSOLUTE RIGHT to be well armed; there is NO EVIDENCE that they raped anyone ; and prior to the federal invasion of their compound they lived peacefully in Waco.
They abused twelve year old girls. Rather than face charges, they murdered four federal agents

Bullshit stupid fuck. Texas CPS investigated and found NO EVIDENCE. The BATF invaded the compound in order hide the fact that its agents were being investigated for sexual harassment.

What outrages anarchocapitalist such as myself is the fact that parasites have been led to believe that taxpayers owe them a living

Being the greatest nation in history, the US takes care of its own. A fact that outrages the right who believe we only need to take care of the rich

Bullshit stupid fuck. Texas CPS investigated and found NO EVIDENCE. The BATF invaded the compound in order hide the fact that its agents were being investigated for sexual harassment.

Oh yea....I forgot
Koresh did not "molest" those 12 year old girls, they "agreed" to be his wives

I see why that makes him a hero to you guys

Oh yea....I forgot

You are one massive stupid fuck - the federales needed a pretext for incinerating them alive , they feed you so you are willing to defend the misdeed in order to show gratitude.

“The McCoulloch case had nothing to do with rights of State citizens.”

Um, no.

McCulloch is much more than just the issue it addressed.

In McCulloch a unanimous Court reaffirmed the intent of the Framers and Founding Generation to create a National government supreme to that of the states and local jurisdictions, ....

SUPREME IN THOSE AREAS SPECIFICALLY ENUMERATED ....................SPECIFICALLY ENUMERATED AREAS ONLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Incorrect.

The Constitution affords Congress powers both expressed and implied:

'In McCulloch v. Maryland, Marshall rejected the argument that because Congress has no express power to create a bank, it is forbidden to do so. He noted the absence of "expressly" in the Tenth Amendment: "The men who drew and adopted this amendment had experienced the embarrassments resulting from the insertion of this word in the Articles of Confederation, and probably omitted it to avoid those embarrassments."

[...]

The best way to read the Tenth Amendment we actually have is that its words mean what they say, and not what they don't say. The Constitution grants Congress all the implied powers "necessary and proper" to using its enumerated powers.'

Constitutional Myth 7 The 10th Amendment Protects States Rights - The Atlantic

The Constitution affords Congress powers both expressed and implied:

Save that the Bill of Rights isn't a Power. Its a restriction on Federal Powers.

'In McCulloch v. Maryland, Marshall rejected the argument that because Congress has no express power to create a bank, it is forbidden to do so. He noted the absence of "expressly" in the Tenth Amendment: "The men who drew and adopted this amendment had experienced the embarrassments resulting from the insertion of this word in the Articles of Confederation, and probably omitted it to avoid those embarrassments."

McCulloch never mentions the Bill of Rights, never once. It never found that the Bill of Rights applied to the States, never once. It never even addresses the issue. The McCulloch decision was about a currency dispute between the Federal Government and Maryland. It had nothing to do with the Bill of Rights.

The Barron V. Baltimore decision most definitely did.

We are of opinion that the provision in the Fifth Amendment to the Constitution declaring that private property shall not be taken for public use without just compensation is intended solely as a limitation on the exercise of power by the Government of the United States, and is not applicable to the legislation of the States.

Barron v. Mayor & City Council of Baltimore (1833)
"Is not applicable" about sums it up. The Barron court even explains *how* you're wrong.

These amendments demanded security against the apprehended encroachments of the General Government -- not against those of the local governments. In compliance with a sentiment thus generally expressed, to quiet fears thus extensively entertained, amendments were proposed by the required majority in Congress and adopted by the States. These amendments contain no expression indicating an intention to apply them to the State governments. This court cannot so apply them.

Barron v. Mayor & City Council of Baltimore (1833)

You have completely ignored the Barron decision, pretending it never happened. Alas Barron, whose case was dismissed by the USSC citing the federal government's lack of jurisdiction because the Bill of Rights didn't apply to the States, couldn't.

Oh yea....I forgot

You are one massive stupid fuck - the federales needed a pretext for incinerating them alive , they feed you so you are willing to defend the misdeed in order to show gratitude.

Your hero Koresh set the fires

Oh yea....I forgot

Your hero Koresh set the fires
I understand that you expect your food stamp allowance to be increased by ignoring the CS gas and incendiary grenades.

the United States of America was set up so individual states would pass separate laws.
this was done on purpose.
the idea was, states would compare and improve society through trial and error.
this all changed during the Civil War era(ror) when the Federals said they need to take power to "enforce the Bill of Rights in the states"
ever since then we've had all kinds of Federal action that was never intended.
so according to their own words, it's they're job to enforce the Second Amendment in the states, but they're not interested in that, they say that's "state's rights" and wash their hands of the responsibility , ...which is proof the whole idea was corrupt.
so, in state's rights, we would say...
"Why is YOUR state doing so well?"
"Well , in OUR state we banned all drugs, we have no crime and no homelessness"
OK
"Well , in OUR state we legalized weed, so we make money off of taxes , and jobs were created in food production, because everyone is at the Kwiky Mart looking for munchies.
OK
"Well , in OUR state we banned gay marriage, so there's real estate boom as conservative families are moving here from all over the country."
OK
"Well , in OUR state we legalized gay marriage, so every homo from around the country is coming here and we have awesome theater."
OK
forget about what your opinion is on gay marriage and weed.
the fact that every state is falling like a domino , legalizing these things, is un-American.
this is not government from the bottom up, this is government from the top down .
Your view of States Rights is incorrect.

"State's Rights"

The states do not have the 'right' to deny or violate their residents' civil liberties.

Residents of the states are first and foremost citizens of the United States, possessing inalienable rights that can be neither taken nor bestowed by any government, constitution, or man.

Consequently, it was the original intent of the Founding Generation that the Federal Constitution, its case law, the Federal courts, and the rule of law be supreme, binding on the states, and immune from attack by the states (see US Constitution, Article VI, McCulloch v. Maryland (1819), Cooper v. Aaron (1958)).
No use trying to explain it to the OP. He's going to believe what he wants to believe. He's created his own reality and that's that.

the United States of America was set up so individual states would pass separate laws.
this all changed during the Civil War era(ror) when the Federals said they need to take power to "enforce the Bill of Rights in the states"
so according to their own words, it's they're job to enforce the Second Amendment in the states, but they're not interested in that, they say that's "state's rights" and wash their hands of the responsibility , ...which is proof the whole idea was corrupt.
OK
"Well , in OUR state we legalized weed, so we make money off of taxes , and jobs were created in food production, because everyone is at the Kwiky Mart looking for munchies.
OK
"Well , in OUR state we banned gay marriage, so there's real estate boom as conservative families are moving here from all over the country."
OK
"Well , in OUR state we legalized gay marriage, so every homo from around the country is coming here and we have awesome theater."
OK
the fact that every state is falling like a domino , legalizing these things, is un-American.
this is not government from the bottom up, this is government from the top down .

In my lifetime, "states rights" has simply meant the right to discriminate against minorities. Screw the right/white wingers who encourage that.
Holy shit......I do not know who is the USMB biggest race baiting bigot POS....You or asslepias

OK
OK
OK
OK
Does a state get to pass a law saying anyone who criticizes the state is to be killed? Why not? What about allowing states to experiment with this? No? Why not?

The reality is that states do not get to do whatever they want. Individual rights protected by the Constitution trump states rights.
Of course. You just imparted the importance of the Supremacy Clause and the Due Process Clause.

Conservatives subscribing to this thread are posting only subjective, errant opinions, absent any facts or case law in support.

And they're entitled to post their subjective, errant opinions, provided they understand that as a fact of settled and accepted Constitutional jurisprudence they are indeed wrong.

I have found that States Rights are opposed more often by those on the political left. This is due to many factors. The most prevalent of those is that liberals tend to depend on government or at least look to the central government for support or to address their grievances with existing legislation or the very act of legislation being the supreme method by which laws are written and implemented.
Most of liberalism's victories have been won through redress rather than in the People's House

Conservatives subscribing to this thread are posting only subjective, errant opinions, absent any facts or case law in support.

And they're entitled to post their subjective, errant opinions, provided they understand that as a fact of settled and accepted Constitutional jurisprudence they are indeed wrong.
Not sure where yopu're going with this. Care to explain. Are you in support of or opposed to the State's Rights Clause?

Who cares about states rights and everything else, the government on all levels are too big with too much power.

Can anyone think of one thing that the government does rule and regulate.

every year we are burdened with more laws and regulations, when the old law or regulations fail, the make new ones and enlarge the government further.

The government workers now rule the private citizens, we work so they can live fat off our labor,

we are slaves to the bureaucracy
One of the jobs of government, and this is representative of ALL government, is to grow government.
Politicians who find incumbency to be comfortable start to think of themselves as much more than elected representatives, but as elected Kings( Queens). Their egos enlarge. Their arrogance increases. They believe themselves to be so important that they believe we cannot function without them. To further enhance this, these people feel as though in order to protect their position, they must do things to make themselves feel more useful and to enhance the image that "they cannot function without me making decisions for them"...

Forum List

Back