States are preparing to save babies by forcing Roe Vs Wade before the SC

Be careful what you wish for. Leftie dirty tricksters would pretend to celebrate the rejection of Roe but it's smoke and mirrors intended to unite the democrat base. As flawed as Roe is there is no stated intent to bring it back to the Court.

Good news, however, what we really need is a Bill post November Congress to identify, define and protect human life at specific stages--particularly at conception and during gestation--from due process, which allows abortions and the death penalty--constitutionally. Keep the death penalty; keep birth control; end abortion for convenience, federally, by legislation and isolate and extract all teeth from Roe until it can be challenged. Once defeated, sending abortion back to the states will be a non-starter, as this new federal law will protect all unborn life.

Would cost republicans massive political capital and would lose them everything. Great ideas boys. You're really on to something here. Keep it up.

You sound very concerned.

I'd only be concerned if someone like you were in charge. And only if I were a republican.

If I were a democrat and you were in charge of republican fortunes, I'd be jumping for joy.

Hiking down the middle of the road? Good men doing nothing is making a choice. Whether you board one ship, the other, or remain 'safely' behind on the dock, the ship has still sailed, despite abstinence by indifference.

So you’re not for saving babies?

Democrats don't have babies. They have little clusters of cells that are of no value to anyone. So you're wrong. I think saving babies is a good thing but the results of intercourse between members of the same sub-human species, Democrats, should be eliminated before they, too, get a chance to breed.
That's ok, republicans aren't worried about this because they reproduce by fission, like all bacteria.

Good news, however, what we really need is a Bill post November Congress to identify, define and protect human life at specific stages--particularly at conception and during gestation--from due process, which allows abortions and the death penalty--constitutionally. Keep the death penalty; keep birth control; end abortion for convenience, federally, by legislation and isolate and extract all teeth from Roe until it can be challenged. Once defeated, sending abortion back to the states will be a non-starter, as this new federal law will protect all unborn life.

Edit: Bluest states would likely try to use the courts once again to change federal law. Let them take it all the way to our new Supreme Court.

Just like they did ObamaCare?

I wouldn't put all my money on the SC just yet. But even if they ruled out R vs W, I don't think the Republicans are stupid enough to outlaw abortions on a federal level. I'm with Leo123. I think deep down inside, the Republicans realize they would be cutting their own throats. Sure, they want the religious vote to win elections, so they tell everybody how they are against abortions. But ask yourself: why would you want to take an action that would virtually eliminate your party down the road? It's bad enough Democrats are trying to make whites a minority as it is to have a single-party country.

A very reasonable and laudable argument. However, one must take an immovable stand against the evils of our world. The only remaining choice: acknowledge its existence, protest it--all the while letting it coexist. True evil never just wants to coexist.

Would cost republicans massive political capital and would lose them everything. Great ideas boys. You're really on to something here. Keep it up.

I'd only be concerned if someone like you were in charge. And only if I were a republican.

If I were a democrat and you were in charge of republican fortunes, I'd be jumping for joy.

Hiking down the middle of the road? Good men doing nothing is making a choice. Whether you board one ship, the other, or remain 'safely' behind on the dock, the ship has still sailed, despite abstinence by indifference.

It is what it is. I'm not a woman. I don't intend to have children either. It really has nothing to do with me. So I'm not necessarily freaking out about it either way.

But the state getting involved with abortion (a ban, for instance) strikes me as an overreach. Restrictions? There should be some. But I don't like that much government interference in peoples' private lives. It feels gross. Disgusting. In opposition to what America supposedly cherishes: our beloved freedom. As much as abortion is generally a sad, undesirable thing, it's also necessary, and most importantly, NOT MY GODDAMNED BUSINESS ...

I can't stress that last part enough. Want to be pro-life? Don't get an abortion. Stop telling other people what to do. Particularly since the pro-life movement is very much religiously motivated (not pragmatic, intrusive and theocratic). That's my sincere opinion on the matter.

It is what it is. I'm not a woman. I don't intend to have children either. It really has nothing to do with me. So I'm not necessarily freaking out about it either way.

But the state getting involved with abortion (a ban, for instance) strikes me as an overreach. Restrictions? There should be some. But I don't like that much government interference in peoples' private lives. It feels gross. Disgusting. In opposition to what America supposedly cherishes: our beloved freedom. As much as abortion is generally a sad, undesirable thing, it's also necessary, and most importantly, NOT MY GODDAMNED BUSINESS ...

I can't stress that last part enough. Want to be pro-life? Don't get an abortion. Stop telling other people what to do. Particularly since the pro-life movement is very much religiously motivated (not pragmatic, intrusive and theocratic). That's my sincere opinion on the matter.

Laws tell us what to do and not do everyday under threat of force--across all aspects of our American lives. No, there is near universal venom--a particularly specialized hatred and want on the left side of the aisle--seeking to protect at all costs abortion for convenience.

Edit: Bluest states would likely try to use the courts once again to change federal law. Let them take it all the way to our new Supreme Court.

I wouldn't put all my money on the SC just yet. But even if they ruled out R vs W, I don't think the Republicans are stupid enough to outlaw abortions on a federal level. I'm with Leo123. I think deep down inside, the Republicans realize they would be cutting their own throats. Sure, they want the religious vote to win elections, so they tell everybody how they are against abortions. But ask yourself: why would you want to take an action that would virtually eliminate your party down the road? It's bad enough Democrats are trying to make whites a minority as it is to have a single-party country.

A very reasonable and laudable argument. However, one must take an immovable stand against the evils of our world. The only remaining choice: acknowledge its existence, protest it--all the while letting it coexist. True evil never just wants to coexist.

And you challenge that by strengthening evil for the future?

I think it's a state thing and not a federal. If the decision is overturned, then it should go back to the states. I'm sure my state would make laws against abortion, but on the other hand, such decisions may very well turn us back to a Democrat state. Ohio is a swing state but Republican led for the last several years. I want to keep it that way.

And if one of our citizens is hell bent on getting an abortion, go to Colorado or New York where I'm sure it will be more than legal.

It's not solely a religious issue. It's a constitutional matter of peole being killed without due process. Religion has little to do with it. If religion is what is needed to motivate someone to make the morally just, and legally correct decision on the matter; I won't mind. Just so long as they arrive where they should.

It's not solely a religious issue. It's a constitutional matter of peole being killed without due process. Religion has little to do with it. If religion is what is needed to motivate someone to make the morally just, and legally correct decision on the matter; I won't mind. Just so long as they arrive where they should.

Depends on how you define a "person". I find it difficult to define a person as a very tiny organism that lacks consciousness and has never even held consciousness... From what I've read, consciousness forms around 20 weeks or so. So before that, it can hardly be called the killing of a person. After? Maybe so.

Depends on how you define a "person". I find it difficult to define a person as a very tiny organism that lacks consciousness and has never even held consciousness... From what I've read, consciousness forms around 20 weeks or so. So before that, it can hardly be called the killing of a person. After? Maybe so.
Those are all merely trappings of age. Live long enough, and a person comes to lose those once again. They are still a person. Just as sure as you’re still a person when you fall asleep. Or if you were in a coma. You can be positively identified without doubt genetically as a human.

For the pro-life crowd, it's not about their own freedom. It's about being able to tell others what they can or can't do. In other words, it's about power. Always has been. No different than the theocratic, fundamentalist Muslims they reportedly find so repugnant. They share the same core belief; that their religious beliefs should control the lives of those around them by force of law.

And you challenge that by strengthening evil for the future?

I think it's a state thing and not a federal. If the decision is overturned, then it should go back to the states. I'm sure my state would make laws against abortion, but on the other hand, such decisions may very well turn us back to a Democrat state. Ohio is a swing state but Republican led for the last several years. I want to keep it that way.

And if one of our citizens is hell bent on getting an abortion, go to Colorado or New York where I'm sure it will be more than legal.

Again, I do agree with you up to a point. What a delicate balance is the whole mechanism of our political machinery. Perhaps for the sake of everyone, the cornered animal is best given an obvious exit. What I worry about is the current result of more radical Left leaning enclaves left unchallenged--in states such as California, and my own, Maryland--which in places have become like third world hellholes. The tide always changes, and when it does again for the American Left, the madness rife in some such places could migrate to once bastions of conservatism.

For the pro-life crowd, it's not about their own freedom. It's about being able to tell others what they can or can't do. In other words, it's about power. Always has been. No different than the theocratic, fundamentalist Muslims they reportedly find so repugnant. They share the same core belief; that their religious beliefs should control the lives of those around them by force of law.
Youre wrong. It’s never been about telling anyone what they can do with their own body. About holding everyone to the same standard, when it comes to what you can do to another persons body.

Those are all merely trappings of age. Live long enough, and a person comes to lose those once again. They are still a person. Just as sure as you’re still a person when you fall asleep. Or if you were in a coma. You can be positively identified without doubt genetically as a human.

It is different between a being that has never experienced cognition and one that has. A plant does not experience cognition and never will. Therefore, we've no compunctions about killing plants, insofar as the killing of the plant is in itself morally reprehensible.

A goldfish, while stupid, is capable of very simple thought. It knows it needs food. It knows when it's subjected to undesirable temperature. A pre-conscious fetus has less awareness than that goldfish. In fact, it has no awareness at all. Are we going to go on a crusade to save the lives of goldfish?

It's absurd. At the end of the day, it has nothing to do with life. It's all about power. Nothing else makes actual sense to me.

Remember, if abortion is banned America will be overrun with Democrats.

Be very, very careful for what you wish!
So you’re not for saving babies?

I read that post as a joke but, now that you mention it, I am all for neo-Marxist women voluntarily aborting their babies.
As I knew

It's their 'right' you know. That is why I won't argue with morons on either side. If a woman is stupid enough to let a guy shoot his load in her pussy without some kind of commitment maybe she should abort....Why do we want more stupid people and fatherless children?
Wow . Not much of a human are you?

It is different between a being that has never experienced cognition and one that has. A plant does not experience cognition and never will. Therefore, we've no compunctions about killing plants, insofar as the killing of the plant is in itself morally reprehensible.

A goldfish, while stupid, is capable of very simple thought. It knows it needs food. It knows when it's subjected to undesirable temperature. A pre-conscious fetus has less awareness than that goldfish. In fact, it has no awareness at all. Are we going to go on a crusade to save the lives of goldfish?

It's absurd. At the end of the day, it has nothing to do with life. It's all about power. Nothing else makes actual sense to me.
And sentient or not, no one disputes that a tree is alive.

Comparing American Christians to radical Islamists will get you far indeed. Adversely, your kind follow your own dogma of philosophizing away all human foundation of right and wrong, and worship a god of self-aggrandizing intellectualism. The lie you would sell is the relativistic bending of any moral limitation in order to enable any act--no matter how depraved or violent--to be mainstreamed. What is academic for you represents millennia of moral facts for others.

Deep within you plead for our help to rein in your fantasy that there's no such thing as personal responsibility or consequence for doing wrong. You think you're unique--you think yours is the first generation in history to rebel by retreating into your minds to find and profess free passes on all limitations of personal responsibility. But it's happened just the same over and over since time out of mind. The result has always, also been the same. The wheel turns. The cycle cycles. History repeats.

Forum List

Back