State dept. to increase refugee resettlement to 900 per week

Some of y'all act like we've never had immigrants from Muslim countries before. The fact is, we always have.

Does the vetting process assure Americans that these refugees will assimilate?

America has a pretty good track record on assimilating immigrants.
My experiences I would say its 50/50, I just think this is a whole different culture that we're not ready for.

No, it is upwards of 95% or better.
No vetting or statistics is going to tell you someone's true intentions. I believe in helping our fellow man too, but taking in refuges isn't fixing the problem, its creating more problems.

After having the lowest number of refugees resettled for FY17 last month, a State Department spokesperson has said they will increase the number of refugees resettled to 900 individuals per week. Under this policy they would resettle 65,000 refugees by the end of the fiscal year, an increase from the 50,000 cap that Pres. Trump set in his executive order.

State Dept. to Increase Refugee Resettlement to 900 Per Week | NumbersUSA

----------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe we should change our name to Germany or Sweden after all everything that happens there is going to take place here too. Some of it already has.

MSM just isn't putting it out there .
Any of these critics ever lived in Germany or Sweden or are they just whining? My rels
do and they appreciate the USA for a laugh a day

Europe sure can't make that claim ....

We are not Europe.

Nope. But we face the same things they do with each and every Muslim we bring or let into this country.
You do know that the average Muslim here is better educated and earns more than the average American?. ? 75 deaths from Muslims here since 9/11, 30000 murders amd 100000 rapes EVERY year here. No problem with those?

My experiences I would say its 50/50, I just think this is a whole different culture that we're not ready for.

No, it is upwards of 95% or better.
No vetting or statistics is going to tell you someone's true intentions. I believe in helping our fellow man too, but taking in refuges isn't fixing the problem, its creating more problems.

In America?

We are not Europe.

Nope. But we face the same things they do with each and every Muslim we bring or let into this country.

No, we don't, because we are not Europe.

We are not Europe.

You do know that the average Muslim here is better educated and earns more than the average American?. ? 75 deaths from Muslims here since 9/11, 30000 murders amd 100000 rapes EVERY year here. No problem with those?
Those statistics are of Muslims who were either born here or wanted to immigrate here.

We are not Europe.

Those statistics are of Muslims who were either born here or wanted to immigrate here.
So? This gigantic 900 don't want to come here? In a country of 350000000? Hilarious.
They will out educate, start more businesses
And pay more taxes than our good ol white boys before you know it

We are not Europe.

Ah I'm sure the euros (more people than the us)) are wishing for 30000 gun deaths and 100000 rapes/ year

We are not Europe.

Ah I'm sure the euros (more people than the us)) are wishing for 30000 gun deaths and 100000 rapes/ year

Who gives a shit what Europe wants? That's their business.

We are not Europe.

So? This gigantic 900 don't want to come here? In a country of 350000000? Hilarious.
They will out educate, start more businesses
And pay more taxes than our good ol white boys before you know it
You have no clue if they want to come here. They are being forced to completely start over. Why is that funny? You could care less about these people, you want a country with little or no whites. Isn't that hypocritical?

America has a strong record of assimilating immigrants of all sorts.

You have no clue if they want to come here. They are being forced to completely start over. Why is that funny? You could care less about these people, you want a country with little or no whites. Isn't that hypocritical?

My guess is they do want to come here. Refugees are treated somewhat differently from immigrants. Americans pay for their passage, provide medical care and cash...and they can apply for permanent green cards. So yes, they should be carefully screened...we are assuming responsibility for their well being. There is some evidence that Christian refugees from Syria and elsewhere are under represented...possibly because they are targets of persecution and violence in the refugee camps...so they stay elsewhere.

I wonder if those who so readily trash 'whites' realize that the only non-whites are those of Asian or black African descent - all the rest of us are 'white'. Europeans, both northern and southern (meaning Latino, or Hispanic, is not a race), middle easterners and non-black Africans...all white. It is an interesting paradox - those who insist we should be skin color blind are the first to judge based on skin color...or degree of tan, if you like. Very superficial.

Forum List

Back