Starbucks Workers At A Buffalo Store Vote To Form A Union In A First For The Coffee Chain

This is going to be a hard contract to negotiate as it is only 2 stores. Starbucks will not be able to justify paying the workers at these stores any more than those in other Scab stores for doing the same job.

Further, the workers at the two unionized stores will be at a disadvantage to other stores- as Starbucks traditionally lets workers do shifts in other stores but I don't see how they will be able to ask a unionized barista to work at a Scab store- or vice versa.

This is going to be a hard contract to negotiate as it is only 2 stores. Starbucks will not be able to justify paying the workers at these stores any more than those in other Scab stores for doing the same job.

Further, the workers at the two unionized stores will be at a disadvantage to other stores- as Starbucks traditionally lets workers do shifts in other stores but I don't see how they will be able to ask a unionized barista to work at a Scab store- or vice versa.
I asked my brother why Starbucks employees are so mad. they treat them like shit. And when they raise the price from $2.50 to $2.95, you just screwed them in tips. They used to get 50 cent tips, now they get a nickel

This is very good news.

I hope more Starbucks stores become union.

not surprised to see this in Buffalo NY. Lib run areas, typically don’t take of employees at places like Starbucks and folks just aren’t happy there

Starbucks is likely to re-configure their stores and let the customers pour their own coffee like they do at Sheetz. These unionized stores in Buffalo will probably be the pilot stores.

Forum List

Back