Starbucks Workers At A Buffalo Store Vote To Form A Union In A First For The Coffee Chain

This is very good news.

I hope more Starbucks stores become union.

Unionizing a coffee shop is going to be an improvement for my overpriced Triple Macchiato? I don't think so. Make it cheaper? No. Help these poor oppressed part time coffee servers? Not much and not for long. There is only so much, I'll pay for a trendy cup of joe. Article was poorly written and did not say how these poor workers were being abused, that leading them to seeking a collective bargaining agreement.

United Auto workers would pick them up in a second. :auiqs.jpg:
If you think a coffee at Starbuck's is expensive now, hold on to your wallets.
Minimum wage will be wiped out by the union dues....then what?
If a business can't pay a decent wage and turn a profit, it should go out of business.

And I don't think paying the employees more will raise prices that much. They already charge $5 for a coffee that costs them 20 cents to make and the line is around the building.

These business' aren't even willing to try. Rather than raise their prices, they'd rather close early and act like little bitches crying about how they can't find help. Pay $5 more an hour and see if you can't attract some people to come work for you.

If not, I guess your business will fail. Don't worry, most business' do.

If a business can't pay a decent wage and turn a profit, it should go out of business.

And I don't think paying the employees more will raise prices that much. They already charge $5 for a coffee that costs them 20 cents to make and the line is around the building.

These business' aren't even willing to try. Rather than raise their prices, they'd rather close early and act like little bitches crying about how they can't find help. Pay $5 more an hour and see if you can't attract some people to come work for you.

11 bucks for pouring coffee is a pretty good wage, dude. How much will the union dues be per month? Maybe 35.00?
That seems to be a lot for a part time employee, don't you think? For the unions, it's all about the dues.
Been in unions, I know how they work, I've been a shop steward and I know how that works. I don't like unions

its a coffee shop bobo....they dont sell much else....

11 bucks for pouring coffee is a pretty good wage, dude. How much will the union dues be per month? Maybe 35.00?
That seems to be a lot for a part time employee, don't you think? For the unions, it's all about the dues.
Been in unions, I know how they work, I've been a shop steward and I know how that works. I don't like unions
Wonder why they want to unionize?

Were you in a good union? I was in a shitty bullshit union for a minute. But my dad was in a union at Ford. He got great benefits, great pay, job security and a pension.

Look at how Starbucks tried to cheat.

Six of those challenged ballots were targeted by lawyers for the union, who argued that the workers who cast those votes were not employed at the store. Starbucks' lawyers disagreed, contending that they were eligible.

The organizing campaign was closely watched nationally because of its implications elsewhere for Starbucks and potentially other fast-food chains, where worker turnover is high and pay is toward the bottom end of the pay scale.
"Every social justice movement has started from the ground up, from a handful of people who stepped forward to demand change," U.S. Rep. Brian Higgins, D-Buffalo, said in a statement. "It took incredible courage for Western New York Starbucks workers to speak out, forge ahead with organizing amid enormous corporate pressures, and fight to be heard."

They will close that shop and those in the Union will find themselves unemployed…

Also have you ever been to a Starbucks where they ran out of House Coffee or never have it?

Try to buy it at Kroger at one of their Kiosk’s and you will soon discover those idiots are not worth what they are paid now!

Forum List

Back