Star Wars, Solo, go Woke, go Broke, how SJW silliness is killing Star Wars....

'Star Wars' was quite an achievement for its time. Beautiful matte cinematography, original orchestral sound track, fast-paced action sequences.

In 1977, science fiction fans had been suffering through a ten-year drought since the last sci-fi blockbuster, '2001'.

Unfortunately, because of the success of the original three movies, the franchised has been milked for every penny it can produce.

I will never be as excited as I was about the original films because they're basically just more of the same --- more space ships, more aliens, more light sabers ... the same characters (or their kids). Watching 'Star Wars' films today is like sleeping with an ex. Never as good as you remember.

And now Lando is pan sexual....just what you want to explain to your kids as you try to forget the everyday and escape into a Star Wars movie........left wing activism is going to ruin Star Wars.....

Go Woke, Go Broke: 'Solo' Crash Lands at Box Office
Poor guy :itsok:

The movie sucks because it’s boring. Sorry it made you and all these other grievance warriors in the thread fell like victims :itsok:

It might not be so boring if they put more effort into coming up with a good story than trying to please everyone with their politics. Kids shouldnt have to be subjected to adults personal problems when they go to sit down for a nice fantasy film like Star Wars.... its a fucking disapointment.

And now Lando is pan sexual....just what you want to explain to your kids as you try to forget the everyday and escape into a Star Wars movie........left wing activism is going to ruin Star Wars.....

And how big of a plot point is this in the movie? (I don't know, I'm not going to see it until tomorrow, but just asking anyone who has.)

Most of the reviews I've read indicate the problem is the guy they got to play Han, not the guy they got to play Lando.

From the column....

Kathleen Kennedy is killing the Star Wars franchise because she is so drastically changing it ( remember what I said above about Americans not liking change?). What used to be escapist and mythical, what was once wondrous and ennobling of the human spirit, is now pedantic, preachy, and small-minded.

Kennedy is not appealing to our sense of adventure and shared aspirations, she is hectoring and scolding us. She is not appealing to our shared humanity, she is dividing us up into tribal camps based on race gender, color, and where we like to put our sex organs.

Kathleen Kennedy is such a bad storyteller, so heavy-handed, so selfish, so narcissistic, so wrong, so divisive, so out of touch, that a Star Wars movie — a Star Wars movie, y’all –– will probably lose money.

Decades of goodwill have been squandered, the golden goose has been made constipated, and all because of the one thing true constant in America, that thing that will never change: liberals eventually ruin everything.

Okay, reality check.

Kennedy's movies have made a shit ton of money. This one will,too. when one of these movies loses money, then you can claim vindication.

Now, frankly, I think the Sequels and Stand Alones have been awful movies, and I don't have particularly high hopes for this one.

I think the reason why the Sequels, Prequels and stand alones all get grief from the fans because those of us who were enthralled by the Original Trilogy as teens want to recapture the magic and can't.

We are older, more cynical and frankly, what made Star Wars unique isn't that unique anymore. But we will all lay down our $15.00 to see the latest one and another $20.00 for concessions and then complain on the internet about how much we hated it.

'Star Wars' was quite an achievement for its time. Beautiful matte cinematography, original orchestral sound track, fast-paced action sequences.

In 1977, science fiction fans had been suffering through a ten-year drought since the last sci-fi blockbuster, '2001'.

Unfortunately, because of the success of the original three movies, the franchised has been milked for every penny it can produce.

I will never be as excited as I was about the original films because they're basically just more of the same --- more space ships, more aliens, more light sabers ... the same characters (or their kids). Watching 'Star Wars' films today is like sleeping with an ex. Never as good as you remember.

I kind of mostly agree... Yes, the magic can't be recaptured that easily.

But let's give George Lucas some Credit. He could have rolled out the first prequel in 1986 if he wanted to. He waited until 1999 either for the technology to get better (his version) or so he wouldn't have to pay his Ex wife her share of the profits for saving the first one in the editing room.

And he could have rolled out the first sequels in 2008 if he was only about the money.

Disney is what's killing Star Wars. Those fuckers would pimp out they're entire families if they thought it would earn them a few dollars.

It might not be so boring if they put more effort into coming up with a good story than trying to please everyone with their politics. Kids shouldnt have to be subjected to adults personal problems when they go to sit down for a nice fantasy film like Star Wars.... its a fucking disapointment.

Meh, sorry, I'm just not seeing the political undertones the rest of you guys see in these new movies, other than you all losing your shit because some of the badly defined one dimensional heroes are female.

quite the contrary, the Sequels are trying to compensate for what was the biggest complaint about the Prequels, that they had this ridiculously complicated plot involving Palpatine's rise to Emperor and Anakin/Darth Vader's turn to the Dark side.

So instead of having a really layered villain like Darth Sideous/Palpatine/the Emperor you got Generic Bad Guy Snoke who gets killed without any explanation as to who he was to start with.

Absolutely terrible. I remember when I first heard that George Lucas intended to make the other 6 films decades later, and I thought all the way back then, that it was a bad idea.

He should have just kept on making the films, until he was done.

From the column....

Kathleen Kennedy is killing the Star Wars franchise because she is so drastically changing it ( remember what I said above about Americans not liking change?). What used to be escapist and mythical, what was once wondrous and ennobling of the human spirit, is now pedantic, preachy, and small-minded.

Kennedy is not appealing to our sense of adventure and shared aspirations, she is hectoring and scolding us. She is not appealing to our shared humanity, she is dividing us up into tribal camps based on race gender, color, and where we like to put our sex organs.

Kathleen Kennedy is such a bad storyteller, so heavy-handed, so selfish, so narcissistic, so wrong, so divisive, so out of touch, that a Star Wars movie — a Star Wars movie, y’all –– will probably lose money.

Decades of goodwill have been squandered, the golden goose has been made constipated, and all because of the one thing true constant in America, that thing that will never change: liberals eventually ruin everything.

Okay, reality check.

Kennedy's movies have made a shit ton of money. This one will,too. when one of these movies loses money, then you can claim vindication.

Now, frankly, I think the Sequels and Stand Alones have been awful movies, and I don't have particularly high hopes for this one.

I think the reason why the Sequels, Prequels and stand alones all get grief from the fans because those of us who were enthralled by the Original Trilogy as teens want to recapture the magic and can't.

We are older, more cynical and frankly, what made Star Wars unique isn't that unique anymore. But we will all lay down our $15.00 to see the latest one and another $20.00 for concessions and then complain on the internet about how much we hated it.

To be specific, Kathleen Kennedy is the second most successful producer in the history of Hollywood, after Steven Spielberg.

From the column....

Okay, reality check.

$15.00??????????

You need to move to God's country! Our movie tickets are $6.00 for a matinee and $8.00 for a full price ticket!

To be specific, Kathleen Kennedy is the second most successful producer in the history of Hollywood, after Steven Spielberg.

I'm kind of split here.

I don't want to really agree with the insecure white males who are horrified that the heroes in Star Wars might be female or gay... or gay females.

But that said, the new Star Wars movies are truly awful. At least the three I've seen so far.

Wait. I'm going to modify that. The three movies were very enjoyable when I watched them. Then I got out of the theater, actually thought about what I just watched, and really didn't care for them.

A great example is "Last Jedi", where they completely bastardized the character of Luke Skywalker.

Original Trilogy Luke was able to see the good in Darth Vader after the guy had cut off his hand, tortured his friends, and oh, yeah, blew up Alderaan.

New Trilogy Luke was willing to kill Kylo Ren (AKA Ben Solo, AKA Darth Emo) in his sleep because he had a bad feeling about him, and then totally gave up on everything when the galaxy needed him most.

UGH!

Now the story of WHY the character changed in that way might have been an interesting one. Too bad that's not the movie we got to see!

From the column....

It seems once faggot marriages were allowed, the damn broke and Society is expected to condone every perversion and gender dysphoria those freaks can dream up. Put this shit in your TV show and we won't watch. Put it in your movies and they will fail at the box office.

Stop this bullshit!

It seems once faggot marriages were allowed, the damn broke and Society is expected to condone every perversion and gender dysphoria those freaks can dream up. Put this shit in your TV show and we won't watch. Put it in your movies and they will fail at the box office.

Stop this bullshit!

Yes, the movie is "only" going to make $115 million this weekend... What a disappointment.

Okay, watched the movie this afternoon. Paid extra for the 3-D version,but frankly, there wasn't much point to that part of it.

So let's address a few things *****SPOILERS****

Okay, let's start with "Gay Lando". The only joke that would indicate that was when L3 (more about her later) admonishes Han and Lando about "flirting". There's another joke about how he has so many capes. And... that's about it. You'd have to be suffering from toxic masculinity at a high level to get "Lando is gay now" from that. Oh, wait, I just remember 2AGuy started this thread. He defines toxic masculinity...

Okay, 2A, just imagine that was a scene where two guys were talking about their guns... and it will put it in a proper context for you. :eyeroll:

Next up we have the character of L3. I actually did find this character more than a little annoying. That said, she does raise an interesting questions about the Star Wars universe in general. If Droids are sentient and have free will, isn't how they are used, complete with restraining bolts, the moral equivalent of slavery? If you took off their restraining bolts, would you have a revolt.

There were a couple of key female character/warrior types. Again, can see why the Toxic Masculinity MAGA hat crowd would be upset by them....but normal people wouldn't be.

I really like the Woody Harrelson character. I thought the guy playing Han was okay. I'm not sure why he's getting the grief he's getting. Frankly, I find him less wooden than Harrison Ford, but the only thing more wooden than Harrison Ford is a Cigar Store Indian.

Lots and lots of fan service. Han shoots first,Millenium Falcon, Chewbacca, the Rebellion is out there somewhere, the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs. (The writers are still trying to grasp parsecs in a measure of distance, not time).

Okay- MAJOR SPOILER
We find out at the end that the guy running Crimson Tide is none other than Darth Maul. You know, the guy Obi Wan cut in half in the Phantom Menace. Yes, somehow he is still alive, with artificial legs. The animated series implied this, but I always thought it was too stupid to put in the movie.
A bit of unnecessary fan service to suit me.

The actions scenes are good in parts, slow in others. Mostly the pacing was okay. Didn't hate it.

Now, I've come out of the last three really loving them, and then hating them after I've had a chance to think about it. But for the moment, I'm going to give it a thumbs up.

The left are too happy to explain to their children that grown men can fuck them.

You think I am kidding? First of all pansexual means you can fuck anything. Men, women, children, dolphins, street signs....

Here is the left marching with ANTIFA who is supported by NAMBLA and attacks anyone that is against PEDOs.

Watch that.

You know he's part of that dastardly Infowars don't you? Surprised nobody whined about it yet.

The left are too happy to explain to their children that grown men can fuck them.

You think I am kidding? First of all pansexual means you can fuck anything. Men, women, children, dolphins, street signs....

Here is the left marching with ANTIFA who is supported by NAMBLA and attacks anyone that is against PEDOs.

Watch that.

You know he's part of that dastardly Infowars don't you? Surprised nobody whined about it yet.

Oh, I know. However, when something true is spoken, it should be shared. I like his videos and the points he makes.

Like this one.

If you have not seen it, please do.

Forum List

Back