CDZ Squatter Rights

Even before I was an anarchist, I supported squatter rights.

Human beings have an unequivocal right to live on land that is not being used. Human beings have no right to claim ownership over what they do not personally sustain themselves.

Wrong. Squatters have one right.... the right to get their asses kicked or shot for trespassing.

That's why I believe FENCES make the best neighbors.

Tell that to the bullets you get if I catch you on property I own without my permission.

That's the whole point.

Do you own the property if it has just been sitting there for 5 years serving no purpose? I believe you do not.

That's the whole point.

Do you own the property if it has just been sitting there for 5 years serving no purpose? I believe you do not.

My family owns a plot of untouched land in Connecticut that hasn't been touched since purchased in 1788. We catch you on it, they'll never find your body.

That's not what the law says.

I don't give a fuck about the laws.

They were written by inhuman scum to infringe on the happiness of others.

If I own a home on a piece of land that I do not use you do not have any right to break in and live there

If your land has been abandoned for 5 years, then I'd just give you the finger.
If I found out your were living on my land I'd have your pathetic mooching ass arrested

Would you define a bit more but what you consider unused.

People breaking into a house that's been on the market for a while aren't considered legal 'owners' of the people that own it and are trying to sell it, but aren't living in it.

If you just mean land, as in grass, trees, streams, I'd agree. Live where you will as you can.

I'd say personally that I would be okay if the property has not been used for any purpose for a period of several years.
So I can come and take anything of yours that I deem you haven't used enough and claim it as my own?

But should I have to have security and warnings?

No, but it does signify to others that the property is not abandoned.

I wouldn't have a seasonal hunting cabin or anything without putting up some security and a few warnings.

I bought the property. It is mine.

Only based on the law, which is an argument I pointed out earlier.

The question is if it is your land by the law alone, or whether it is actually backed up by principle.

The big point is that I should not have to use the property. I should not have to worry about squatters. I have a pickup truck at that house. It is rarely used but I keep the plates and insurance up to date, should someone be able to claim squatter rights to it because I don't use it often enough?

Morality is not black and white.

There is respectful squatting (most squatters are respectful and peaceful) and there is douchebag squatting. Use your general principles to distinguish between the two.

Taking what is not yours is never respectful

Wrong. Squatters have one right.... the right to get their asses kicked or shot for trespassing.

False premise.

You cannot trespass on what is not occupied.
The definition makes no mention of occupation just ownership

tres·pass
ˈtrespəs,ˈtresˌpas/
verb
  1. 1.
    enter the owner's land or property without permission.
    "there is no excuse for trespassing on railroad property"
    synonyms: intrude on, encroach on, enter without permission, invade

2. 2.
    archaicliterary
    commit an offense against (a person or a set of rules).
    "a man who had trespassed against Judaic law"
    synonyms: sin, transgress, offend, do wrong, err, go astray, fall from grace, stray from the straight and narrow
    "he would be the last among us to trespass"
noun
  1. 1.
    LAW
    entry to a person's land or property without their permission.
    "the defendants were guilty of trespass"
    synonyms: unlawful entry, intrusion, encroachment, invasion
    "his alleged trespass on private land"
  2. 2.
    archaicliterary
    a sin; an offense.
    "the worst trespass against the goddess Venus is to see her naked and asleep"
    synonyms: sin, wrong, wrongdoing, transgression, crime, offense, misdeed, misdemeanor, error,lapse, fall from grace
    "he asked forgiveness for his trespasses"

So I can come and take anything of yours that I deem you haven't used enough and claim it as my own?

People do that now anyways.

It isn't black and white. If you were gone for three days and someone started living in your property (which never happens by the way), then almost anyone would back your claim.

Taking what is not yours is never respectful

Again, false premise. That implies that you own it in the first place.

What claim do you have outside a government issued recognition of property? That is the question you have consistently failed to answer.

tres·pass
ˈtrespəs,ˈtresˌpas/
verb
  1. 1.

You are really not grasping the concept here.

You cannot trespass on what is not owned. The question is whether you have an actual substantive claim to something as your property. If you are not regularly sustaining property, then it isn't yours in my eyes.

What if the government said it was okay to put a pricetag on people? What if I paid an arbitrary sum of money for ownership over you and the government recognized you as my property?

Moral claims of ownership need to be based on more than conjecture.

tres·pass
ˈtrespəs,ˈtresˌpas/
verb
  1. 1.

You are really not grasping the concept here.

You cannot trespass on what is not owned. The question is whether you have an actual substantive claim to something as your property. If you are not regularly sustaining property, then it isn't yours in my eyes.

What if the government said it was okay to put a pricetag on people? What if I paid an arbitrary sum of money for ownership over you and the government recognized you as my property?

Moral claims of ownership need to be based on more than conjecture.

If I hold the deed as far as our laws are concerned then I own the land

Period.

People do that now anyways.

It isn't black and white. If you were gone for three days and someone started living in your property (which never happens by the way), then almost anyone would back your claim.
no people don't

scumbag pieces of shit criminals do

Even before I was an anarchist, I supported squatter rights.

Human beings have an unequivocal right to live on land that is not being used. Human beings have no right to claim ownership over what they do not personally sustain themselves.

So you support stealing what belongs to someone else?

Forum List

Back