"Sputnik Moment?"... Are we the Soviet Union Circa 1957?...

It's a bit revealing of his depth that Tha Malcontent does not know what the President means when he says "Sputnik moment".

Again, We didn't have a Sputnik Moment... The Soviets did.

And there is no Threat to our Country from Green Energy like there was with the Soviets Sputnik Moment and Hydrogen Bomb Technology.

The Chinese will Continue to Kick our Ass in "Green Technology" and other things because they Pay their Workers for Shit and do NOT Care about Environmental Regulations...

We simply can't Compete with the Current Regulations we Saddle ourselves with, and what Obama and the Left would like to do is Cripple our Country even Further with Green Regulations, Hoping that if they Dictate that we have to go Green, that a Market will Magically Develop...

Well, it will... And it has... In China and elsewhere...

We can't Compete with China's Wages or Lack of Regulation, and I Garun-damn-tee you that the President and his Party will Continue to try to Punish the American Companies that stay here with MORE Regulations that the Chinese will NOT Follow, and also by Demanding that American Companies Pay Wages that are simply NOT Competitive even in our own Market, much less when Compared to China or India.

:)

peace...
No.

Our "Sputnik moment" was when we realized that we weren't the Big Shit that we viewed ourselves as, and that we had wallowed in our accomplishments and rested on our laurels while the Soviets had jumped ahead of us in aerospace.

mal probably thinks it is coded language for, "it's time to embrace communism."

What a retard!

How Thoughtful of you to use that Term Against someone you Disagree with Politically yet are Incapable of Refuting with any Substance... :thup:

I am Certain Parents with Mentally Challenged Children Appreciate your Abuse of the Term for Political Points on a Message Board.

Good to have the Safety of Anonymity when being a Douche, eh?

Because I am Certain the FEW People you might Associate with in Real Life would be Disgusted with who you are here...

peace...

What a retard!

How Thoughtful of you to use that Term Against someone you Disagree with Politically yet are Incapable of Refuting with any Substance... :thup:

I am Certain Parents with Mentally Challenged Children Appreciate your Abuse of the Term for Political Points on a Message Board.

Because I am Certain the FEW People you might Associate with in Real Life would be Disgusted with who you are here...

peace...
Could be...that doesn't make you any less of a retard.

Next time, why don't you try to puzzle out metaphors and such for yourself instead of coming here and looking stupid.

Oh, wait.

:lol:

What a retard!

peace...
Could be...that doesn't make you any less of a retard.

Next time, why don't you try to puzzle out metaphors and such for yourself instead of coming here and looking stupid.

Oh, wait.

:lol:

That's the Second Time you Failed to Refute any of my Posts in this Thread with Substance, you Insufferable Troll... :clap2:

peace...

mal, the next time you make a thread or a post with substance will be the first time.

True story!

:thup:

Here, go Troll in this Thread I made for you and let those who want to do more than Troll have a Discussion on this one:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...of-the-house-troll-here-ravi.html#post3253621

If I wanted this Thread about the President's SOTU in the Flame Zone to be Flamed, I would have Posted it there.

True Story! :thup:
At least three people on this thread pointed out that you misunderstood his metaphor. A bigger man would have admitted to such.

Willful ignorance or just your normal passive aggressive bullshit? You report, we decide.

I will explain it to you Mal.
Notice how he mentioned China had the fastest computer etc, then mentioned how Russia got into space first? Then Obama mentioned how we answered with the Apollo program? China's computer and solar program is our Sputnik moment. He is saying we need to start competing with other countries now, like we did with the Apollo program.
Like I said, his point went over your head. It had nothing to do with communism, and everything to do with us realizing we need to be the country of innovation again.

Half a century ago, when the Soviets beat us into space with the launch of a satellite called Sputnik¸ we had no idea how we’d beat them to the moon. The science wasn’t there yet. NASA didn’t even exist. But after investing in better research and education, we didn’t just surpass the Soviets; we unleashed a wave of innovation that created new industries and millions of new jobs.

This is our generation’s Sputnik moment. Two years ago, I said that we needed to reach a level of research and development we haven’t seen since the height of the Space Race. In a few weeks, I will be sending a budget to Congress that helps us meet that goal. We’ll invest in biomedical research, information technology, and especially clean energy technology – an investment that will strengthen our security, protect our planet, and create countless new jobs for our people.
Text of Obama?s State of the Union speech - MarketWatch

Get it now? We need to do what we did when the Soviets beat us into Space, the way China and India is beating us now when it comes to computers etc.
I had no idea it was so hard to figure out what he was talking about. :lol:

Seriously, why didn't the President say this is the time for a Modern Apollo Moment?...

Sputnik was the Soviet's Accomplishment... Apollo was ours... and our Response to Sputnik and the Threat it Posed.

Who is Dominating, or has the Potential to Dominate the World with Green Energy the way the Soviets could have with Sputnik and their Previous Work on the Hydrogen Bomb?

For the Love of GOD, this is a Silly, Childish Analogy on the part of the President Designed to Target the Childish and Silly in his Base.

The Truth of the Matter is that the Countries we are Competing with Economically don't give (2) Shits about the Environment like we do, and their lack of Regulation and Poor Working Standards is why OUR Companies are going there to do Business...

Obama and his People would Suggest that MORE Regulation on OUR part to make the World a Greener Place is the Answer...

And as with THE Liberals before him who Thought that if we would just Disarm, others would be Honest and follow our Lead, he is now Wrong if he Thinks China is going to Cripple it's Exploding Economy with Regulations...

It's Absurd, and only a Childish Mind could Consider such Silliness.

Or the Mind of a Liberal.

peace...

Seriously. Our Spuntnik moment was not about celebrating the Solviets acomplishment, but of our realization that others were ahead of us and we need to get off our butts and create a new Apollo moment for ourselves.

But then again Barak-na-phobics will always turn his words into something negitive.

Seriously, why didn't the President say this is the time for a Modern Apollo Moment?...

Sputnik was the Soviet's Accomplishment... Apollo was ours... and our Response to Sputnik and the Threat it Posed.

Who is Dominating, or has the Potential to Dominate the World with Green Energy the way the Soviets could have with Sputnik and their Previous Work on the Hydrogen Bomb?

For the Love of GOD, this is a Silly, Childish Analogy on the part of the President Designed to Target the Childish and Silly in his Base.

The Truth of the Matter is that the Countries we are Competing with Economically don't give (2) Shits about the Environment like we do, and their lack of Regulation and Poor Working Standards is why OUR Companies are going there to do Business...

Obama and his People would Suggest that MORE Regulation on OUR part to make the World a Greener Place is the Answer...

And as with THE Liberals before him who Thought that if we would just Disarm, others would be Honest and follow our Lead, he is now Wrong if he Thinks China is going to Cripple it's Exploding Economy with Regulations...

peace...

Without the Soviets taking the lead in the space race there would have been no "Apollo moment"

Sometimes you need a slap in the face to generate momentum....Sputnik was that slap in the face

peace...

Without the Soviets taking the lead in the space race there would have been no "Apollo moment"

Sometimes you need a slap in the face to generate momentum....Sputnik was that slap in the face

And again, Solar Panels have been on DPS Buildings since the 1970's... This ain't Sputnik or Apollo. :thup:

peace...

Is communist China taking the technological lead a Sputnik moment?

Do we want to buy our solar technology from China?

No... It's a Terrible Analogy and the Person making it wants to Further Regulate and Cripple our Industry while China does whatever it wants regarding the Environment, Working Conditions and Wages...

He's Ignorant of Reality or he Knows EXACTLY what he's doing.

Either way, Sputnik is a Terrible Analogy...

If anything, THEY are the Apollo Moment with Green Technology we Pioneered DECADES ago while we Fuck ourselves with Regulations and Demands that Wages be a Certain way while they could Care less about all of it.

peace...

If anything, THEY are the Apollo Moment with Green Technology we Pioneered DECADES ago while we Fuck ourselves with Regulations and Demands that Wages be a Certain way while they could Care less about all of it.

O

peace...

Are you proposing we develop a wage rate to compete with China?

O

peace...

I'm pretty sure he's proposing we curl up in a ball and die rather than have a Sputnik moment.

O

peace...

Of course I'm not, but that's what we have to Deal with...

And as the Left Demands Higher Pay in the Form of Increasing the Minimum Wage in Law here, coupled with setting Regulations, from Safety to Environmental, even Higher than they are now while China Laughs at us, I find the Idea that we can "Compete" with China in Obamaland to be a Joke...

peace...

Forum List

Back