"Sputnik Moment?"... Are we the Soviet Union Circa 1957?...

Either way, Sputnik is a Terrible Analogy...

If anything, THEY are the Apollo Moment with Green Technology we Pioneered DECADES ago while we Fuck ourselves with Regulations and Demands that Wages be a Certain way while they could Care less about all of it.

O

peace...

Are you proposing we develop a wage rate to compete with China?
I'm pretty sure he's proposing we curl up in a ball and die rather than have a Sputnik moment.

You have to understand that with American exceptionalism, you are not allowed to admit other countries are ahead of you

If anything, THEY are the Apollo Moment with Green Technology we Pioneered DECADES ago while we Fuck ourselves with Regulations and Demands that Wages be a Certain way while they could Care less about all of it.

O

peace...

I'm pretty sure he's proposing we curl up in a ball and die rather than have a Sputnik moment.

I would Prefer that Analogies make Sense when the Highest Office in the World is making them...

Sputnik doesn't make Sense...

If anything, we are Russia and China is the US if that's the Era and Issue he is going to be using as an Analogy.

Stop being a Asshole Ravi and get back to the Thread I Dedicated to you for your Trolling. :thup:

:)

peace...

Is communist China taking the technological lead a Sputnik moment?

Do we want to buy our solar technology from China?

O

peace...

We could start by not punishing successful companies.

O

peace...

We could start by not punishing successful companies.
Is it a punishment to take away their tax breaks for moving American jobs overseas?

I would Prefer that Analogies make Sense when the Highest Office in the World is making them...

If anything, we are Russia and China is the US if that's the Era and Issue he is going to be using as an Analogy.

Stop being a Asshole Ravi and get back to the Thread I Dedicated to you for your Trolling. :thup:

peace...

:boohoo: What happened to your sense of humor...?

It's not like you're saying much of any substance here either. :lol:

peace...

:boohoo: What happened to your sense of humor...?

It's not like you're saying much of any substance here either. :lol:

Well... If Ravi EVER did anything but Troll me, I'd probably Appreciate whatever Asshole Tendencies it is that some of you seem to Adore...

I've tried to play nice with her over the last (2) years and she is simply Incapable of being even Remotely Plesant for even a Second...

The only Person who even comes Close to her at this point is Del, and even he has had a Civil Discussion with me from Time to Time and even Pos'd me.

Fuck her... She Obsessively Trolls Certain People and if you don't see it, you are either Willyfully Ignorant or you like it when she Fixates on certain people...

After (2) years I would have expected her to move the fuck on, but she doesn't...

And it's Sad.

Find a Post of Mine on a Thread of hers just calling her a Coward or a Liar or an Asshole out of nowhere without at all Addressing whatever Issues she's brought up in her OP...

You can't.

She's a Dick.

I'd just Prefer she keep her Bullshit in the Flame instead of Trying to get Political Threads put in the Flame or the Romper...

Which is in the End what she is trying to do.

Pathetic Hobby.

I'd had some Dental Work done yesterday, so I am Less Tolerant of that Fuckstain today...

Does that Sum it up for you? :lol:

peace...

mal probably thinks it is coded language for, "it's time to embrace communism."

What a retard!

^That's not a Response Valerie... It's an Obsessed Asshole with a keyboard...

If she wasn't going to call me a Retard, it would have been Liar or Coward...

She has NOTHING of Substance to Contribute to Political Discussion and if I wanted this in the Flame I would have Posted it there.

Fuck her and Fuck People who Refuse to Admit what she does.

peace...

What a retard!

She has NOTHING of Substance to Contribute to Political Discussion and if I wanted this in the Flame I would have Posted it there.

peace...
In case you missed it on the other thread...

mal...since I made you cry and feel sorry for you, I'll be honest.

You take this way too personally. It has nothing to do with you...it has to do with your threads. You make threads to "prove" that blacks, gays, etc. are evil and I'm going to call you out. Your sputnik thread claiming Obama is asking us to embrace communism gets called out, too. Stop being an idiot and I won't comment on your threads.

Win/win.

Try working on your paranoia as well. I call out several others for the same type of trolling that you engage in.

(...) us realizing we need to be the country of innovation again.

Current generation of Americans aren't the brightest compared to the other generations who inhabited N.America.
It's formulated a bit provocative, but it's the truth.

Increased spending/investments will probably compensate the human factor.
It also needs to be seen what kind of effect the economic problems in USA will have on US's ability to import the 'bright-heads' to its Universities.
As other countries rise, they also compete for these 'bright-heads'.

What a retard!

peace...
In case you missed it on the other thread...

mal...since I made you cry and feel sorry for you, I'll be honest.

You take this way too personally. It has nothing to do with you...it has to do with your threads. You make threads to "prove" that blacks, gays, etc. are evil and I'm going to call you out. Your sputnik thread claiming Obama is asking us to embrace communism gets called out, too. Stop being an idiot and I won't comment on your threads.

Win/win.

Try working on your paranoia as well. I call out several others for the same type of trolling that you engage in.

And this is where you are Dead Wrong on Fact, Ravi...

You Lie like it's Breathing...

I don't start Threads to "prove" that Blacks, Gays etc are Evil, and you can't show where I have...

As for this Thread being about Calling Obama a Communiust...

For Fuck's Sake, you couldn't have Missed the Point of this Thread any more.

And to this Point in THIS Thread, you have yet to Take me to Task on the Substance of ANY of my Points, including why his Analogy is a Failure.

If anything "general", my Threads Mock the Sheepish Ignorance of Many on the Left more than they do the Subjects of the Threads...

And I Appreciate you Illustrating that for me on a Consistent Basis, Ravi. :thup:

The Difference between you and someone like Luissa who I don't Agree with on Issues, or Strolling, or Jillian, or others who have long ago let go of their Dislike for me over my Entrance to this Website, is that you don't let it go...

You can't be Civil, and it is Personal for you... You don't Like me on a Personal level even though you don't Know me...

And that's Sad.

peace...

I will explain it to you Mal.
Notice how he mentioned China had the fastest computer etc, then mentioned how Russia got into space first? Then Obama mentioned how we answered with the Apollo program? China's computer and solar program is our Sputnik moment. He is saying we need to start competing with other countries now, like we did with the Apollo program.
Like I said, his point went over your head. It had nothing to do with communism, and everything to do with us realizing we need to be the country of innovation again.

I didn't say it had anything to do with Communism...

Read my OP again, Lu-Lu:

Seriously, why didn't the President say this is the time for a Modern Apollo Moment?...

Sputnik was the Soviet's Accomplishment... Apollo was ours... and our Response to Sputnik and the Threat it Posed.

Who is Dominating, or has the Potential to Dominate the World with Green Energy the way the Soviets could have with Sputnik and their Previous Work on the Hydrogen Bomb?

For the Love of GOD, this is a Silly, Childish Analogy on the part of the President Designed to Target the Childish and Silly in his Base.

The Truth of the Matter is that the Countries we are Competing with Economically don't give (2) Shits about the Environment like we do, and their lack of Regulation and Poor Working Standards is why OUR Companies are going there to do Business...

Obama and his People would Suggest that MORE Regulation on OUR part to make the World a Greener Place is the Answer...

And as with THE Liberals before him who Thought that if we would just Disarm, others would be Honest and follow our Lead, he is now Wrong if he Thinks China is going to Cripple it's Exploding Economy with Regulations...

It's Absurd, and only a Childish Mind could Consider such Silliness.

Or the Mind of a Liberal.

peace...

I was Questioning the Analogy in General, and again I say if anything, we are Russia and China is us in the Sputnik/Apollo Analogy.

I went on in Later Posts to Expand on the Flaws of his Analogy... and of he and his Side's Path to being Successful in this Situation.

We are not Competing with the Chinese and India on Level Ground and if the Left has their way, it will be even LESS Level as Time goes on.

Get it?...

peace...

I will explain it to you Mal.
Notice how he mentioned China had the fastest computer etc, then mentioned how Russia got into space first? Then Obama mentioned how we answered with the Apollo program? China's computer and solar program is our Sputnik moment. He is saying we need to start competing with other countries now, like we did with the Apollo program.
Like I said, his point went over your head. It had nothing to do with communism, and everything to do with us realizing we need to be the country of innovation again.

I didn't say it had anything to do with Communism...

Read my OP again, Lu-Lu:

Seriously, why didn't the President say this is the time for a Modern Apollo Moment?...

Sputnik was the Soviet's Accomplishment... Apollo was ours... and our Response to Sputnik and the Threat it Posed.

Who is Dominating, or has the Potential to Dominate the World with Green Energy the way the Soviets could have with Sputnik and their Previous Work on the Hydrogen Bomb?

For the Love of GOD, this is a Silly, Childish Analogy on the part of the President Designed to Target the Childish and Silly in his Base.

The Truth of the Matter is that the Countries we are Competing with Economically don't give (2) Shits about the Environment like we do, and their lack of Regulation and Poor Working Standards is why OUR Companies are going there to do Business...

Obama and his People would Suggest that MORE Regulation on OUR part to make the World a Greener Place is the Answer...

And as with THE Liberals before him who Thought that if we would just Disarm, others would be Honest and follow our Lead, he is now Wrong if he Thinks China is going to Cripple it's Exploding Economy with Regulations...

peace...

I was Questioning the Analogy in General, and again I say if anything, we are Russia and China is us in the Sputnik/Apollo Analogy.

I went on in Later Posts to Expand on the Flaws of his Analogy... and of he and his Side's Path to being Successful in this Situation.

We are not Competing with the Chinese and India on Level Ground and if the Left has their way, it will be even LESS Level as Time goes on.

Get it?...

peace...
kw gave you the answer back on page one.

Apollo was a response to sputnik. Sputnik was a paradigm shift. Sputnik was the invention of the wheel. Apollo was a new innovation and application of the wheel. See the difference?

But you continue to pretend it is about solar panels. :lol:

peace...

You obviously so totally missed the whole point.

Our Sputnik Moment refers to the awakening from our cherished (and completely wrong) arrogance that the Soviet Union was incapable of doing amazing technical feats.

Anybody who was alive when that happened understands how shocking it was and how it then changed this nations' understanding of the importance of teaching our children SCIENCE.

Forum List

Back