Spending Cuts

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
The worst thing about McCarthy and the deal to install him as Speaker is that we still do not have a House that will spend less money this year than last.

There are BILLIONS in ridiculous line times that need to be zeroed out IMMEDIATELY

The worst thing about McCarthy and the deal to install him as Speaker is that we still do not have a House that will spend less money this year than last.

There are BILLIONS in ridiculous line times that need to be zeroed out IMMEDIATELY

I would start with a 3% cut to every Department under the Executive Branch, including DOD and DHS and all the rest.

Do that for 5 years, allow them to cut whatever they wish to cut each year.

After those 5 years you could then start to make more specific cuts.

Based on my time in the Marines I think the DOD could cut close to 10% of their spending just by getting rid of the "use it or lose it" mentality with budgets. The rush to spend left over money at the end of the year so you did not get less next year is such a massive waste.

I would start with a 3% cut to every Department under the Executive Branch, including DOD and DHS and all the rest.

Based on my time in the Marines I think the DOD could cut close to 10% of their spending just by getting rid of the "use it or lose it" mentality with budgets. The rush to spend left over money at the end of the year so you did not get less next year is such a massive waste.

Also transfer 10% of the Social Security "trust Fund" to an Index Fund every year until 80% is in US equities

The Pentagon can't account for $2 TRILLION Unless they have bases on the Moon and Mars, we should cut that by 20%

Also transfer 10% of the Social Security "trust Fund" to an Index Fund every year until 80% is in US equities
Letting Wall Street steal Social Security has been a republican wet dream for quite some time now. They get their fatal blow to an entitlement program and the bankers clean up.

You see, as the Stones pointed out
"You Can't Always Get What You Want"

You want this. They want that.
Governing is the art of compromise and if you can't compromise, you can't govern.

One more truism for you.
A little bit of something is better tan all of nothing.

Forum List

Back