Speech I'd love to hear Bush deliver

Joan

Mommy Dearest
Aug 29, 2003
Received this via email:

My fellow Americans..... As you all know, the defeat of Iraq's regime has been completed.

Since congress does not want to spend any more money on this war, our mission in Iraq is complete.

This morning I gave the order for a complete removal of all American forces from Iraq. This action will be complete within 30 days. It is now time to begin the reckoning. Before me, I have two lists. One list contains the names of countries which have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict. This list is short.

The United Kingdom, Spain, Bulgaria, Australia, Norway and Poland are some of the countries listed there.

The other list contains everyone not on the first list. Most of the world's nations are on that list. My press secretary will be distributing copies of both lists later this evening.

Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to those nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the Iraqi war.

The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world hell-holes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption. Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France.

In the future, together with Congress, I will work to cut taxes and solve some local problems. On that note, a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us and we will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends from the face of the earth.

Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try France, or maybe China.

To Israel and the Palestinian Authority. You, boys. work out a peace deal now. Just note that Camp David is closed. Maybe all of you can go to Russia for negotiations. They have some great palaces there, big tables, too.

I'm ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with France, Germany, and Russia. Thanks for all your help, comrades. We are retiring from NATO as well. Bon chance, mes amis.

I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin towing the many UN diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more than two unpaid tickets to sites where those vehicles will be stripped, shredded and crushed. I don't care about whatever treaty pertains to this. Pay your tickets tomorrow or watch your precious Benzes, Beamers, and limos be turned over to some of the finest chop shops in the world. I love New York.

A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2. Since we are going to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try not pissing us off for a change.

Mexico is also on List 2. President Fox and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude adjustment. I have a couple extra tank and infantry divisions sitting around. Guess where I'm gonna put 'em? Yep, border security. So start doing something with your oil.

Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA treaty—starting now.

It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them by saying 'darn tootin'.

Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet. It is time to cut taxes here because we will not be spending boodles of cash on other peoples problems.

To the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thanks guys. We owe you.

To the nations on List 2, a final thought. Drop dead. God bless America.

Thank you and good night.

This entire thread started from a post that suffered from the fallacy of presuming the conclusion.

Bush was wrong to start this war the way he did. People who should have been our allies were driven away by the fear of being saddled with culpability for his lies, and the lies and atrocities that would (and did) surely follow.

Originally posted by Blair
People who should have been our allies were driven away by the fear of being saddled with culpability for his lies, and the lies and atrocities that would (and did) surely follow.

No, those who were supposed to be our allies were driven by bribes and contracts with Saddam.

Can you cite, specifically, the lies that Bush supposedly told?

Well put - I might suggest the speech writer expand on the U.N. to include "All countries will remove themselves from the building as America will be retaking the land and use it to establish and anti-terrorism training base for its elite forces" - or something to that effect.

:hail:
:thewave:

Can you cite, specifically, the lies that Bush supposedly told?

1. Bush claimed Saddam supported al Quaeda. Al Quaeda and Saddam were enemies, not friends, and Atta was thrown out uncermoniously when he requested a meeting with Saddam.

2. Bush claimed that he possessed evidence that Saddam possessed WMD. In particular:
a. That Saddam had tried to purchase Yellow Cake uranium ore from Nigeria. This was known publicly to be false before Bush even brought it up.
b. That Saddam possessed aluminum tubes intended for use in purifying nuclear material. This also was known publicly to be false before Bush even brought it up.
c. That Saddam possessed mobile bio/chem weapon production facilities. The British, who had sold them the trucks, knew this to be false but I can not say that I had heard about it before Bush brought it up. I learned of its debunking only well after the invasion.

In fact, Bush had no evidence that Saddam possessed WMD, and he knew it. The CIA was ordered by the Pentagon Office of Special Plans to produce credible-looking documentation of to support its prejudice about Saddam's WMD programs. The CIA protested, but followed orders. When Tenet gave the resulting documents to Bush, Bush asked "is this it?" and Tenet said the issue was a "slam dunk". He was referring not to finding WMD in Iraq, but to selling the "evidence" to the Congress. Congress had no source of information independent of the CIA; its subsequent vote to approve the war is not proof that it would have supported the war given the truth.

Now, even if we find a hundred tons of anthrax in the desert under Saddam's last spider hole, Bush will still have lied about having evidence. If this were a search of a house in America, anything found would be inadmissable because the warrant was obtained using falsified testimony. Instead, it's perjury before Congress while under the Oath of Office (which applies to the President's conduct 24/7 during his term).

3. Bush claimed that Saddam was an imminent threat to the U.S. He had no evidence of that, and there is still no evidence of it.

So, are you really ignorant of everything regarding this issue except the Administration's desired right-wing talking points, or were you just trolling?

So, are you really ignorant of everything regarding this issue except the Administration's desired right-wing talking points, or were you just trolling?
Are you wondering if Jim is a troll poster?

1. Bush claimed Saddam supported al Quaeda. Al Quaeda and Saddam were enemies, not friends, and Atta was thrown out uncermoniously when he requested a meeting with Saddam.

Yeah of course, they were total enemies, thats exactly why Osama released two or three tapes calling all Al Queda agents to Iraq to fight for Saddam. Naturally, there was absolutely no connection whsoever between the two.

2. Bush claimed that he possessed evidence that Saddam possessed WMD. In particular:
a. That Saddam had tried to purchase Yellow Cake uranium ore from Nigeria. This was known publicly to be false before Bush even brought it up.

Which of course is why British Intelligence is still claiming that this event happened and yellow cake was found being smuggled out of Iraq in scrap metal months ago.

b. That Saddam possessed aluminum tubes intended for use in purifying nuclear material. This also was known publicly to be false before Bush even brought it up.

Prove this is a lie and not simply an intelligence failure. Id like to see this one.

c. That Saddam possessed mobile bio/chem weapon production facilities. The British, who had sold them the trucks, knew this to be false but I can not say that I had heard about it before Bush brought it up. I learned of its debunking only well after the invasion.

Let me see if i understand this correctly. The British, who sold Saddam these mobile bio/chem weapon trucks, knew Saddam didnt have them? we did find the trucks you know. And they were laced with chemicals, we simply didnt find weapons in them which is a moot point since we have since learned that they are in syria as Syrian terrorists have already tried to use them in Jordan.

In fact, Bush had no evidence that Saddam possessed WMD, and he knew it. The CIA was ordered by the Pentagon Office of Special Plans to produce credible-looking documentation of to support its prejudice about Saddam's WMD programs. The CIA protested, but followed orders. When Tenet gave the resulting documents to Bush, Bush asked "is this it?" and Tenet said the issue was a "slam dunk". He was referring not to finding WMD in Iraq, but to selling the "evidence" to the Congress. Congress had no source of information independent of the CIA; its subsequent vote to approve the war is not proof that it would have supported the war given the truth.

No of course, Saddam using WMDs in the past is not evidence that Saddam possessed them. The fact that we have found some is no evidence that saddam possessed them. When are you people going to give it a rest. I mean its ridiculous that you people are still trying to claim that Saddam didnt have any WMDs and that Saddam has no links to terrorism. And whats even more amazing is you are trying to say Bush lied about Saddam having WMDs. In order for this to be true you would need two things:

1)No Iraqi WMDs being found, which unless youve been living in a cave the past three months with your eyes shut and your hands over your ears you would know this point is already refuted.

2)You need Proof! Whats it going to take to get through to you saying "Bush is a liar" Or even "Bush is a liar because..." is going to make us fall down and believe you without any support for it! I mean come on people. We need more than simply your word for it.

3. Bush claimed that Saddam was an imminent threat to the U.S. He had no evidence of that, and there is still no evidence of it.

Well, im not surprised your still trying to push this lie. Read the State of the Union address before we started the Iraqi liberation. Bush was pretty clear that the whole point of going into Iraq was to prevent Saddam from becoming an imminent threat. If i remember right it was Senator Kerry who was claiming Saddam was an imminent threat. Not Bush. nice try though.

Well this is actually rather funny. Accusing jimmy of being ignorant and accusing him of trolling. i have a feeling you are going to be finding out how ignorant you really are soon.

Originally posted by HGROKIT
Who?

WHO? You shit through feathers? :D

Hell man I'm a Harley Tech. I love 'em. I think it's cool you got a Harley avatar also. At least we have different models.

Would you like an opportunity to rephrase before I blow your other arguments out of the water? I believe I was civil to you and I expect the same in return. Your choice.

I suggest you read this page for starters: http://www.techcentralstation.com/092503F.html

There are many other threads on this board with credible evidence cited as well if you care to search.

A and B - They were not 'publicly' known to be false. There were meetings with the CIA where the intelligence was questioned and it should have been removed from the speech and it obviously was not. These revelations didn't come to light until after the fact. As far as C, why bring up something you can't even attempt to backup? If the intel showed them to be weapons facilities and that's how he reported it to the people, that's hardly a lie.

In fact, Bush had no evidence that Saddam possessed WMD, and he knew it.

Proof? Many prominent democrats claimed to have proof of Saddam possessing WMD since 1998 as well. Are they all liars? John Kerry, Madeline Albright, Sandy Berger, Teddy Kennedy, Hillary Clinton... Just to name a few.

The CIA was ordered by the Pentagon Office of Special Plans to produce credible-looking documentation of to support its prejudice about Saddam's WMD programs.

You're implying that the CIA was ordered to 'make up' documentation. Can you supply proof?

The CIA protested, but followed orders. When Tenet gave the resulting documents to Bush, Bush asked "is this it?" and Tenet said the issue was a "slam dunk". He was referring not to finding WMD in Iraq, but to selling the "evidence" to the Congress.

Proof?

Congress had no source of information independent of the CIA; its subsequent vote to approve the war is not proof that it would have supported the war given the truth.

What about the evidence that many prominent democrats spoke out about since 1998 (after inspectors were booted and before Bush came into office)?

Now, even if we find a hundred tons of anthrax in the desert under Saddam's last spider hole, Bush will still have lied about having evidence. If this were a search of a house in America, anything found would be inadmissable because the warrant was obtained using falsified testimony. Instead, it's perjury before Congress while under the Oath of Office (which applies to the President's conduct 24/7 during his term).

Well, this isn't a search of a house in America. This is about WMD in the hands of a dictator who has previously used them against his own people and wouldn't hesitate to use them against the enemy. The evidence/intelligence was gathered over a span of a decade and through 3 administrations. One of those 3 presidents had the balls to go in and finish the job that should have been done 12 years ago.

This is the funniest liberal crap being spread since the start of the war. Bush NEVER said that, and if you took the time to lookup the facts you would have known that before making yourself look silly.

I'm neither ignorant or a troll. I might suggest you change your tone before your next response.

Here we go again.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Response from Avatar4321

Yeah of course, they were total enemies, thats exactly why Osama released two or three tapes calling all Al Queda agents to Iraq to fight for Saddam. Naturally, there was absolutely no connection whsoever between the two.

Not so fast Avatar. OBL initially said, in a taped message, that the reason for the attack on 9/11 was because of the US support for Israel, US bases in Saudi Arabia and because of the suffering of the Iraqi people under the sanctions regime.

He never called upon Al-Qaeda to fight for Saddam or his regime. Obviously he hates the US and would commit forces to engaging the US in Iraq but not for Saddam. OBL and Saddam were on opposite ends of the Islamic ideoligical spectrum. Saddam had run a secular society, sent women to university, was open to Western culture, etc. OBL is a fundamentalist. Their visions for what an Islamic state should be are polar opposites. OBL is closer to the Winnabe (spelling?) tradition expoused by the conservative clerics in Saudi Arabia, a US ally.

quote:

Response from Avatar4321

Which of course is why British Intelligence is still claiming that this event happened and yellow cake was found being smuggled out of Iraq in scrap metal months ago.

Not so fast again. Ambassador Wilson was dispatched by VP Cheney's office to investigate the yellow-cake claim. His report that it was obviously fabricated was well known before the president used it in his State of the Union Address. The trace elements you wrote of were from scrap metal sold from Iraq. The IAEA believes that the traces were from facilities dismantled by the IAEA after the first Gulf War and fully accounted for.

Which begs the question. Someone very highly placed in the White House exposed Ambassador Wilson's wife to journalists in a vile and politically motivated attempt to discredit Wilson. His wife, Valerie Plame, as you recall, was an undercover CIA operative.

This is treason. A capitol offense. And the traitor is still having coffee and bagels at the Bush White House every morning.

A lot of the debate that follows comes down to a question of whether you believe Bush, Cheney, Rummy, etc. were fooled by faulty intelligence and brought the country to war based on honest errors, or that they manipulated the intelligence to support their determination to overthrow Saddam. General Zinni, as reported in the Washington Post put it this way:

"In the lead-up to the Iraq war and its later conduct, I saw, at a minimum, true dereliction, negligence, and irresponsibility, at worst, lying, incompetence and corruption."

Well said General.

Speech I would like to hear dubya make:

Good evening.

Just moments ago, I spoke with Senator John Kerry and congratulated him on becoming the 44rd president of the United States. The voters have spoken, and this time, we're going to let them have their way.

Originally posted by st8_o_mind
Speech I would like to hear dubya make:

Good evening.

Just moments ago, I spoke with Senator John Kerry and congratulated him on becoming the 44rd president of the United States. The voters have spoken, and this time, we're going to let them have their way.

Lucky for us the 44RD president won't every happen.

Originally posted by insein
Lucky for us the 44RD president won't every happen.

Arg. I stand corrected. I did a cut and paste from Gore's concession speech and just changed the 3 to a 4. Well, ya all get the idea.

Originally posted by Pale Rider

Hell man I'm a Harley Tech. I love 'em. I think it's cool you got a Harley avatar also. At least we have different models.

yeah and my feet fit on a limb ;)

didn't see yours, I'll change mine- wouldn't want no one to think you are me :p:

congrats on the RK BTW

Forum List

Back